Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 03:53 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I agree. I see this often on here.

People get VERY offended when you question anything about Romney

It's odd because if you look back at the posts from 2008, people were very forthcoming with their reasons for backing McCain, Clinton, Obama, etc.

Now it seems, his supporters guard their reasons for supporting Mr. Romney as closely as he guards his record as MA governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 04:01 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It's odd because if you look back at the posts from 2008, people were very forthcoming with their reasons for backing McCain, Clinton, Obama, etc.

Now it seems, his supporters guard their reasons for supporting Mr. Romney as closely as he guards his record as MA governor.
In 2008 there wasn't an incumbent running.For many Romney supporters the fact that he isn't Obama is all the reason needed.If you think Obama has done a good job under the circumstances by all means vote to re-elect him....if you don't then vote for Romney and see if he can do any better.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:05 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times
Quote:

Yeah. I heard a lot about McCain being a War Hero, about McCain was better able to take us threw the wars in the Middle East. I heard a lot about McCain's Foreign Experience. I heard a lot about people liking McCain because of his stance on Torture.

You bring up any of Romney's stances (or his lack there of) and you are likely to get shot.

What does Romney stand for?? ***runs for cover***

Old 05-28-2012, 04:13 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
In 2008 there wasn't an incumbent running.For many Romney supporters the fact that he isn't Obama is all the reason needed.If you think Obama has done a good job under the circumstances by all means vote to re-elect him....if you don't then vote for Romney and see if he can do any better.
Yes there wasn't an incumbent running in 08, but both Obama and McCain was scrutinized.

Only a fool would change captains mid voyage and not question the capabilities of the new captain.

If someone really believe in voting someone else and not questioning what that new person is about then it just sounds like they have a real dislike of the thought of Obama being President. Is it because he is Hawaiian?

Old 05-28-2012, 04:28 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
How very shortsighted you are.
Surely you want the president out of office enough to want to encourage other people to vote for your guy.

If you don't believe in him enough to try to explain why you agree with his platform, surely you can't expect anyone else to jump on the bandwagon.
Let me explain. You are not reachable. Barry could be videotaped molesting a 5 year old boy and you'd still vote for him. So, I won't waste my time trying to convince you of anything. Does that clear things up?

Old 05-28-2012, 04:28 PM

580 posts, read 450,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
...I can't take a thing someone says seriously wheny they make such dramatic overstatements.
Your indignation rings hollow...sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You support Obama, the biggest two-faced, flip flopping, lying president we have probably ever had in history...

Old 05-28-2012, 04:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
There hasn't been a president who served since Bush Sr. Personally, I think serving should be a requirement to be President.
You have conveniently forgot about George W. Bush's military service. Or do you disrespect every member of the Air National Guard?

Old 05-28-2012, 04:36 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times
Quote:
I agree. I see this often on here.

People get VERY offended when you question anything about Romney
Of course, the same can be said about Nobama. Any opposition is deemed racially motivated or mere hate speech. Could not possibly be because of honest disagreement with his policies, could it?

Old 05-28-2012, 04:50 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,109 times
Quote:
Yes there wasn't an incumbent running in 08, but both Obama and McCain was scrutinized.

Only a fool would change captains mid voyage and not question the capabilities of the new captain.

If someone really believe in voting someone else and not questioning what that new person is about then it just sounds like they have a real dislike of the thought of Obama being President. Is it because he is Hawaiian?
Obama was scrutinized?Really?What were his great qualifications to run a country?The guy was a state senator and then a US senator for about 5 minutes before he started running for president.He didn't have a history of running anything.That didn't mean he 'wouldn't' be capable,and a majority of people decided to see if he was.

After three and a half years we are past the point of the 'thought' of him being president....he now has a record he can run on,[or away from].If you think hes been doing a good job with the cards he was dealt I guess you will want him back.If not you would be inclined to try someone else.

I don't know if Romney will be any more capable than Obama,he does have some experiance running some things and I doubt he will do any worse.The only way we will know is if a majority of voters fire Obama and give him the job.If in four years he sucks too I guess it will be someone elses turn.......maybe another Hawaiian

Old 05-28-2012, 05:00 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim21784 View Post

If you were referring to my post: Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was just curious, since I am aware Obama doesn't have any creds.

Be advised - I personally think it it immensely stupid of the voting public to elect someone who has never paid any dues. They send you or your kid off to combat and,"Gee - vote for me - I'm a patriot!"

But hey, who ever underestimated the stupidity of the American public?

Memorial Day is not a fine day for some of us, "Sport". Its a reminder of those with whom we served and watch die.The names on the Wall are not just names - they were friends and comrades in arms. Those of us who returned, a bit crippled in my case, were lucky.

Maybe you have some combat creds, I doubt it. Otherwise you might be a tad bit less judgmental. Some of us who have paid dues in combat prefer to see CIC wannabes that actually walk the talk of defending flag and maybe have served their nation in combat. I admit - its getting real hard to find some who has creds.

1stBat/3rdMarDiv/0311/ - I Corps: April - Sept. '69, medivaced out for a 6 month hospital tour in Guam.

Memorial Day is not a "fine day" for some of us.

LOL...Im not about to get into a pissing contest with you. So take your DD Form 2 and stick it (I bet you had to look that up hero). Mine is in my wallet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections