Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
The fact that gay people have to deal with semantics between a humanistic view of "equal rights," and people who argue the definition based on an ill-understood use of wording is sad, but, nonetheless, good for the future. Young people don't care about this gay issue. So, if Christianity wants to evolve with the rest of us, then it can and could be nice, otherwise, it'll all just go down in the history books next to Indian Removal and slavery. Then, eventually, it'll become silly mythology and lost in fairy tales.

This argument between man and man will be written right next to black man and white women; it should all be a non-issue.
so, it sounds like you think all Christians are anti gay, and all Christian churches frown on gays, is that what you are saying? If so, you need to research the Episcopal church, Methodist, Pres and some synods of the Luthern church for starters? Have you studies or paid any attention to the Unitarian church?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 05:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so, it sounds like you think all Christians are anti gay, and all Christian churches frown on gays, is that what you are saying? If so, you need to research the Episcopal church, Methodist, Pres and some synods of the Luthern church for starters? Have you studies or paid any attention to the Unitarian church?

Nita
I don't know about the rest, but I don't think many, if any, of the supposed followers of Christ, Mohammed, Buddha, Moses .... etc, actually believe in what they profess.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:39 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
I remember very well when Clinton was running the first time
he promised to end the discharge of gays in the military
they flocked in droves to him.
When he got elected, what did he do??
Don't ask/don't tell
If obama really was going to do something he would have done it his first couple of years
when he had the white house, the house, and the senate
but did he??
No
he waited until now when he is sinking in the polls
he is not going to do squat
he will sell his own wife to win
he has wrecked our country, if you or anyone else want to vote for this hack
thinking it is going to help
then no one can chance your mind
but obama is a hack and I hope his ass gets kicked out
on a personal note, I think you should be able to marry
but I care more about my country than that one thing

Old 06-18-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know about the rest, but I don't think many, if any, of the supposed followers of Christ, Mohammed, Buddha, Moses .... etc, actually believe in what they profess.
I disagree and I would like to think you are dead wrong. But I guess we will never know for certain will we?

Nita

Old 06-19-2012, 10:56 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,864,651 times
Based on gay issues there is no choice. Obama has done more for gays than all other presidents combined.

The repug record is abysmal on gay issues. (as well as the economy for that matter)

Old 06-21-2012, 09:39 PM

688 posts, read 652,606 times
Quote:

Nita
No. That's not true of me at all. My entire family is made up of a whole bunch of Christians; beads and all. I don't believe that Christians are anti-day by nature, but I do believe that that those who are vocal about their anti-day sentiments are the most vocal and handed the power as far as public perception is concerned.

For example, there are a great many examples of brutal deaths of gays on behalf of Christ, but I can't remember the last Christ march for love, acceptance, and equal rights for gay people.

There are many examples of people using Christ as a reason for murdering black people for interracial sex, but no marches for interracial couple acceptance.

I don't believe that Christians are evil doers, but, by and large, Christians suck at standing up for what's right.

If loving Christians want to be the status quo, then Christians should make love the status quo. For instance, when a few Christians picket a gay soldiers funeral, a lot of Christians should show up to show love, appreciation, and acceptance of our dead man.

I have nothing against a good person believing in Christ, but I do take issue with that "good" person standing proud next to a bigot.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
No. That's not true of me at all. My entire family is made up of a whole bunch of Christians; beads and all. I don't believe that Christians are anti-day by nature, but I do believe that that those who are vocal about their anti-day sentiments are the most vocal and handed the power as far as public perception is concerned.

For example, there are a great many examples of brutal deaths of gays on behalf of Christ, but I can't remember the last Christ march for love, acceptance, and equal rights for gay people.

There are many examples of people using Christ as a reason for murdering black people for interracial sex, but no marches for interracial couple acceptance.

I don't believe that Christians are evil doers, but, by and large, Christians suck at standing up for what's right.

If loving Christians want to be the status quo, then Christians should make love the status quo. For instance, when a few Christians picket a gay soldiers funeral, a lot of Christians should show up to show love, appreciation, and acceptance of our dead man.

I have nothing against a good person believing in Christ, but I do take issue with that "good" person standing proud next to a bigot.
most of us don't like bigots but the examples you give are real but anyone that is extreme does not repruesnt their religion but their nutty ideas. There are big differences. These people do nothing but hide behind religion.

Nita

Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
most of us don't like bigots but the examples you give are real but anyone that is extreme does not repruesnt their religion but their nutty ideas. There are big differences. These people do nothing but hide behind religion.

Nita
Like I said, I don't think that Christians are inherently anti-gay as individuals. But, if I was gay, I'd feel incredibly oppressed by the sheer number of people who openly back religious bigotry, and feel abandoned by the ideals of religion which have proven unreliable again and again.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
There is no unity among any race/class of people, there never has been, never will be. There are Gay people totally opposed to Gay marriage, I included.

I'm going with Romney and could care less if he's opposed to Gay marriage. I'm more anti-public unions, and I know Obama is indebted to them, and I'll vote for someone who will give Gov. Scott of Wisc. a big bear hug and a kiss!

Old 06-23-2012, 01:14 AM

^ I don't know what to say about that other than that I feel sorry for you... How sad is it that you would allow your frustration toward unions to compromise your own dignity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections