Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I mean if they are responsible for creations, then clearly you're responsible for the losses, right?
WARNING: Romney supporter!

Remember, Romney supporters don't count employment losses.

Conclusion, this is a trick question.

Clinton:
Since 1961, for 52 years now, the Republicans have held the White House 28 years, the Democrats 24. In those 52 years, our private economy has produced 66 million private sector jobs.

So what's the job score?

Republicans: twenty-four million. Democrats: forty-two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

272 posts, read 229,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I don't think that was the point at all. The point was that Democrats do a better job at job creation than Republicans.

Saying that, I would have to parse the data to see if the party in the White House was responsible for policies that led to that job creation or whether it was other factors.
Before I watched Clinton speech, I saw this posted on Bloomberg about which party is better for the economy (it's a video): Republicans Vs. Democrats: Who Boosts Stocks?: Video - Bloomberg

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Um, no.. I said a FEW YEARS AGO, not decades, you dont know the difference?.

Try again at responding to the point again.

If Democrats do a better job at job creations, then why did a Democratic Congress allow unemployment rates to exceed 10% a few years ago?

I mean if they are responsible for creations, then clearly you're responsible for the losses, right?

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
We Democrats, we think the country works better with a
strong middle class, with real opportunities for poor folks to
work their way into it, with a relentless focus on the future,
with business and government actually working together to
promote growth and broadly shared prosperity.

You see, we believe that "We're all in this together'' is a far better philosophy than "You're on your own.''

So who's right?

Well, since 1961, for 52 years now, the Republicans have held the White House 28 years, the Democrats 24. In those 52 years, our private economy has produced 66 million private sector jobs.

So what's the job score?

Republicans: twenty-four million. Democrats: forty-two.

Now, there's -- there's a reason for this. It turns out that advancing equal opportunity and economic empowerment is both morally right and good economics.
Why? Because poverty, discrimination, and ignorance restrict growth.

Interesting.
Very interesting indeed.

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
"It's all about me" Clinton never tires of talking about himself.
Where is all that money Clinton collected for the poor of Haiti? These people are worms.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:11 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Your implying that believers in God are delusional is duly noted. That means that both of our Presidential candidates are either delusional or lying about their faith.
They're most likely lying. They have to appease all voters, even the delusional. There's no way you can involve yourself in politics, and watch the ebb and flow of the human race, and not question the existence of a merciful, all knowing. all loving God.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:12 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Are you in that stuff ankle, shin or knee deep? Please note, none of the delegates raised an objection that they are allowed a 10 min time period to do. But, do keep on wading.
You mean the "stuff" the Dems have foisted upon our once proud and free country? You've buried us in "stuff" up to our necks and freedom is about to be smothered by the stink of the Dem agenda unless we can shovel it out the door! Does the figure $16+ TRILLION mean anything to you?

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
WARNING: Romney supporter!

Remember, Romney supporters don't count employment losses.
I didnt give you permission to speak for me.. try to respond TO me, not FOR me..

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
These Obama sock puppets really are incapable of having a serious and intelligent discussion about anything.
Thank you for your intelligent discussion!

Old 09-06-2012, 07:13 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,816 times
President Clintons brilliant speach last night will sway many independants to vote Democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections