Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 06:40 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Did Billy wax nostalgic about his affair with Monica Lewinsky?
How'd it go the last time the GOP pushed on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 06:40 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Once again, when you are overly emotional and unable to look at any side but your own, you lose all rational perspective. As far as political speeches go, Clinton gave a great one. If Obama wins, it may go down as one of the great surrogate speeches of all time. Does acknowledging that mean you have to agree with what he said? No. The truth is that he did absolutely everything he set out to do, and he did it in a compelling way. The biggest mistake you can make in politics is to believe that because you hate your enemy, they can't do anything well. I have to laugh--you're calling me a "hack" for being rational and objective. Who's the one swooning and unable to look at the truth? Clinton rocked this.
I told my good friend after the Clintonian speech, ''He's the best political con man speaker I think I ever heard. But, I know he adlibs LIES, distorts truths, twists and just plain BS's in a eloquent style. That's what a slick huckster does...to sell his garbage.

Clinton is not the first to do it. But, some of us recognize a fraud, bogus low-life LIAR....for what he truly is. A snake from Hell.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Could we call this, the Democrats Ron Paul moment?

This sounds very familiar.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:42 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Did anyone see the democratic platform amendment vote that added God and Jerusalem to the platform? It was hilarious! They had a "vote" for all those in favor vs opposed. The numbers "for" and "against" the measure were about equal (which required 2/3 majority to pass), yet they put the "issues" back in the platform anyway. The hall was filled with boos.

It seems as though essentially half of democrats really do oppose Jews and God. It was funny as hell, but the truth hurts!
Did you notice the Arab signs held by those who booed? How's the Muslim Brotherhood working out in Egypt, you know, the Arab Spring Obama enabled? The "vote" to re-add the language that was removed from the Dem Platform looked more like an election in Venezuela. I find it absolutely disgusting that Dems are willing to hand over our freedoms and liberties to Muslims and continue to ignore the atrocities of KSM and call the Fort Hood shooting "workplace violence". Slick Willie let OBL go folks, remember? Under Slick Willie we had the bombing of the Cole, remember? Obama has spent $118B on Afghanistan compared to $32B spent by Bush on Afghanistan and the lamestream media no longer reports how many of our fine soldiers are coming home in body bags because the truth doesn't jive with the Dem Platform. Hypocrites of the nth degree. Makes me sick.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:43 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Exclamation Clinton: IN 52 years, Economy produced 66 million private sector jobs. The Job Score? Republicans: 24 M Democrats 42 M

We Democrats, we think the country works better with a
strong middle class, with real opportunities for poor folks to
work their way into it, with a relentless focus on the future,
with business and government actually working together to
promote growth and broadly shared prosperity.

You see, we believe that "We're all in this together'' is a far better philosophy than "You're on your own.''

So who's right?

Well, since 1961, for 52 years now, the Republicans have held the White House 28 years, the Democrats 24. In those 52 years, our private economy has produced 66 million private sector jobs.

So what's the job score?

Republicans: twenty-four million. Democrats: forty-two.

Now, there's -- there's a reason for this. It turns out that advancing equal opportunity and economic empowerment is both morally right and good economics.
Why? Because poverty, discrimination, and ignorance restrict growth.

Interesting.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:44 AM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That is the answer. People like watching baloney? Some people need to get a life.
Seriously? That's whole reason these conventions are televised. Nothing but speeches meant to garner votes.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:44 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
This is getting to be more and more entertaining by the minute. What tactics!

Democrats reinstate "God" and Jerusalem language in party platform - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

What about the real hardcore national priorities and hardcore platforms that address them?

It was HILARIOUS! The floor vote had an equal number of people supporting and opposing the measure, but they "passed" it anyway!

The dems really do opposed God and Israel.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:46 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
What he was able to do was reframe the debate, and he had a bully pulpit to go line by line through the Ryan/Romney claims. As a surrogate, he can take Romney and Ryan head on, where Obama has to walk a more careful line. He doesn't need to carry Obama, but what he can do effectively is plow the road in front of him.
hmmm...well he can't cover up that unpaved, rocky road BO has left behind.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
I told my good friend after the Clintonian speech, ''He's the best political con man speaker I think I ever heard. But, I know he adlibs LIES, distorts truths, twists and just plain BS's in a eloquent style. That's what a slick huckster does...to sell his garbage.

Clinton is not the first to do it. But, some of us recognize a fraud, bogus low-life LIAR....for what he truly is. A snake from Hell.
""A snake from hell!""" We're DOOMED , doomed I tellya....

LOL! you are a riot!

But it does point out that Clinton's speech hit it out of the park if Repugs are this upset!!

Old 09-06-2012, 06:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Even more interesting is how Democrats are trying to proclaim job creations which took place in the 1960's, are a valid reason to re-elect Obama 50 years later..

Even more interesting, is how you ramble on and on about how Congress is stopping job creations from taking place, (another example would be who held Congress during the COMPLETE economic collaps?) but now all of a sudden, its the president.. Make up your mind and stop flip flopping..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections