Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 07:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
$10 tril from Repubs, $6 tril from Dems... and your point is?
Both parties should be ashamed of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 07:25 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I don't know how Clinton massaged the numbers for job creation.
Then come back when you do.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:25 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Think again.

This wasn't just an indictment of the GOP's failure to advance the Economy under it's stewardship, this was an attack on the GOP's core message to those it seeks to govern.

Here, let me help.

Bill Clinton:

We Democrats, we think the country works better with a
strong middle class, with real opportunities for poor folks to
work their way into it, with a relentless focus on the future,
with business and government actually working together to
promote growth and broadly shared prosperity.

You see, we believe that "We're all in this together'' is a far better philosophy than "You're on your own.''
I explained why this has no implications and you didn't refute any of it. Posting rhetorical quotes is not an argument. I can only assume this is a concession on your part that my point is valid.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I don't know how Clinton massaged the numbers for job creation. I'm sure that he credited Obama for the 4.5 million new jobs created that democrats have been using. Of course that has proved to be a lie and that it is only 300,000. Also the job growth from the 60's came from Kennedy's tax cut policy. He would be a conservative today!
Exactly! Most Democratic job creation under the Kennedy and Clinton administrations came from pursuing policies that would be more likely found in a Romney administration than an Obama one.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,382 times
Jealousy. Puuure jealousy

Old 09-06-2012, 07:30 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,977,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I thought the Democrats want every vote counted? Why didn't they raise hands or submit a ballot with their votes? How much do you want to bet it would have failed to reach the 2/3 majority needed for amendment?
Why did they use a nationally televised public convention, the most prominent/defining event for the party, to publicly expose their naivity and confusion over this issue? Who is their PR person and how did that person so seriously mess up?? S/he should be fired on the spot for allowing such a debacle to take place.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:30 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,257,297 times
I knew the healthcare spending one was not wholly true. It's like the Republicans blaming the rising gas prices solely on Obama. When you are in the middle of a huge recession, oil prices plummet and hence gasoline becomes cheaper. When the economy is growing, oil prices rise. Now, the issue is that there is not a 1-1 relationship between the cost of gas/cost of oil.

The Glass-Steagal Act repeal is an interesting one that people are not looking at much and should, since that was the repeal that really led us down the path we started.

The auto workers jobs numbers also are quite inflated. Note that they are not just counting GM and Chrysler workers. They count auto parts store workers, restaurant owners and employees (in towns with plants), and other secondary and tertiary workers along the 'supply chain'. There actually are no real numbers on how many jobs were 'saved'. However, the economy is still short a lot of jobs. The Democrats present only the '+' side of the equation. But when you take in the job losses, we are still down quite a bit - hence the stagnant unemployment rate.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Cool lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Exactly! Most Democratic job creation under the Kennedy and Clinton administrations came from pursuing policies that would be more likely found in a Romney administration than an Obama one.
"that would be more likely found"

You can't make this stuff up.

You're dreaming. Romney's been incapable of providing details for anything he hopes to do as President.

He's afraid to have his ideas examined and scored by any but his imagination.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Are you in that stuff ankle, shin or knee deep? Please note, none of the delegates raised an objection that they are allowed a 10 min time period to do. But, do keep on wading.
Keep trying, bob. After you are finished trying maybe you could get back on how 2/3 of those people said Aye. I say the platform committee should be pushing for a new convention chairman or he get his ears checked.

Actually I felt sorry for Villaraigosa having to behave like that.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Oooo, don't tell Mitt that, you would likely be fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections