Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
So, you have no substantive response, I guess?

Can I say I'm not surprised?
You're not surprised at what? You want a response when you have clearly stated that your are not a fact checker. Then on what basis do you intend to respond? The Taibii article again? I have already quoted and referenced two highly respected sources that discredit Taibbi (Pulitzer awarded - Dallas Morning News and Politifact) and which you chose to ignore.

As i stated previously, backup your claims with facts and not pieces written by extreme left writers.

Oh, and please refrain from quoting Taibii again. He's a rather disturbing fellow.

Quote:
In March 2001, as editor of the magazine The eXile, Taibbi burst into the office of New York Times Moscow bureau chief Michael Wines and threw a cream pie spiked with horse semen into his face, after Taibbi's magazine had awarded Wines the title of "worst journalist" in Russia.[17]
In March 2005 Taibbi's satirical essay, "The 52 Funniest Things About the Upcoming Death of the Pope" [18], published in the New York Press was denounced by Hillary Clinton, Michael Bloomberg, Matt Drudge, Abe Foxman, and Anthony Weiner.

Matt Taibbi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Research Romney's record while at Bain. Find concrete evidence to support your assertions. Then come back and discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
You're not surprised at what? You want a response when you have clearly stated that your are not a fact checker. Then on what basis do you intend to respond? The Taibii article again? I have already quoted and referenced two highly respected sources that discredit Taibbi (Pulitzer awarded - Dallas Morning News and Politifact) and which you chose to ignore.

As i stated previously, backup your claims with facts and not pieces written by extreme left writers.

Oh, and please refrain from quoting Taibii again. He's a rather disturbing fellow.

Research Romney's record while at Bain. Find concrete evidence to support your assertions. Then come back and discuss.
You seem very confused. YOU are challenging an article. Go ahead! Challenge it! You never did, as you seem to be claiming. Find another article that debunks it. Apparently you seem to think that if you just take on the posture where *Zimar* must go out and fact-check this crazy article she finds, you're somehow creating a powerful argument or something. Nope, sorry, that's not how it works. Taibbi is completely legit. But I appreciate your effort.

Note, also, that you have completely abandoned the effort to defend what Taibbi claims Romney did- saddle companies with debt, charge them millions in fees, coerce them into dumping employees and doing whatever else, then ditch them and leave them in the lurch. At least other posters have come back with the "that's just how it's done" defense. That's his "business" that he's scamming us into believing is a qualification for the presidency.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:43 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Anyone who knows anything at all about Mitt Romney's success and even a little bit about the business world and doesn't realize he is very good at what he does, is an idiot. You might disagree with his politics and you might not want him as your president and that's fine, but don't be stupid.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
As one who has lived through a hostile take-over, that article is right on target.

Romney's primary rivals rightly labelled him a "vulture capitalist." He made his millions at the expense of thousands of other Americans. It's clear he means to serve himself first.

Total and complete BS. What about the 80% of companies they saved and grew and made very successful beyond what they imagined when they were on the verge of bankruptcy in many cases? I guess they get no credit for that or for all of those jobs they created? Some of you have never lived or worked in the world of business and you make yourselves look really dumb.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
You seem very confused. YOU are challenging an article. Go ahead! Challenge it! You never did, as you seem to be claiming. Find another article that debunks it. Apparently you seem to think that if you just take on the posture where *Zimar* must go out and fact-check this crazy article she finds, you're somehow creating a powerful argument or something. Nope, sorry, that's not how it works. Taibbi is completely legit. But I appreciate your effort.
Taibii and your original premise upon which you started this thread have already been discredited by sources that were referenced. You can choose to ignore them. Stay in the dark. That's totally up to you.

Quote:
...Romney did- saddle companies with debt, charge them millions in fees, coerce them into dumping employees and doing whatever else, then ditch them and leave them in the lurch...
Once again. Where's your proof? ..and please, not Taibbi again or some other left wing source.
At least give it a try.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Taibii and your original premise upon which you started this thread have already been discredited by sources that were referenced.
Nope. This did not occur.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Yes, it's clear that it's unpleasant for you to talk with people who have their own minds. I have made up my mind, and watching people twist themselves into a pretzel to justify voting for someone as insipid, dishonest, and spineless as Mitt Romney is just sad sad sad.
I didn't have to twist. Your opinion is just that: yours.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I didn't have to twist. Your opinion is just that: yours.
Who said it wasn't? My opinion is that voting for Mitt Romney is a terrible, horrible choice. That seems upsetting enough to you to warrant commentary.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Who said it wasn't? My opinion is that voting for Mitt Romney is a terrible, horrible choice. That seems upsetting enough to you to warrant commentary.
Not in the least. My opinion is that your opinion is based on blind, partisan politics without any real knowledge.

You strike me as the kind of person who would never vote for a republican under any condition.

The decision is made; the rest of this is just idle chit chat and bantering.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Nope. This did not occur.
Wow! I present facts, you present opinion and hearsay. Okay, let's put this to rest already.
Here's a mix of conservative and liberal sources discrediting Taibbi. Have at it.

Let's start with President Bill Clinton who praises Romney and Bain, and end with CNN calling out Obama for his false allegations regarding Romney's tenure at Bain.

Quote:
President Bill Clinton joined the expanding club of liberals defending Bain Capital, the private equity firm and former Mitt Romney employer, the Obama campaign has been trying to define as a
soul crushing/vampire of capitalism. "The man ... had a sterling business career" Clinton told Harvey Weinstein."

Clinton: "No Question" Being Gov And "Sterling Business Career" Makes You Qualified - YouTube
Quote:
Bain made lots of investments. Some jobs were created, and some were lost. Mitt Romney was involved with some, and not others. Some failed, but many more succeeded. Most important, as dozens of Democrats have averred, it was honorable work.

Fact-Checking the Latest Bain Hysteria - Avik Roy - National Review Online
Bill Clinton Joins the List of Bain Defenders - Politics - The Atlantic Wire[/quote]Fact Checking Joe Biden’s Bain ‘Bailout’ Claim - ABC News
FactCheck.org : Romney’s Bain Years: New Evidence, Same Conclusion
John King: Why is 1999 so important in 2012? - CNN.com

CNN's King/Gergen: Obama's Lying, Romney/Bain Honest - YouTube!

There's a lot more where those came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections