Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 02:51 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,460,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Rush, Laura, Ann Coulter, Sean, Glenn, need to get a clue. This country - it is a'changing. They're all a bunch of throwbacks to no time I remember, and I am 70 y/o.

Where did this evangelical craziness come from? Where did the robber baron master/serf mentality come from paying people 1970s wages in the year 2012? Since when is science and education a bad thing and to be sneered at?

GOP needs to rid itself of the rwnj's. It needs to start there. Let the common sense Republicans run that party and let the fringe elements establish their own.
Good advice but hard to imagine these days. Arguably the Dems got in a similar fix when they were hi-jacked by their own extremists in the 60s and 70s, and look how long that took to recover. And that was before there was ever a whole self-sustaining "alternate universe" of blogs & web sites, hate radio, conservative cable shows, right wing billionaire activists, et al.... all of 'em with an agenda and motive$ of their own!

Now by openly legitimizing and catering to the fringe and bottom-feeders, the GOP has finally opened Pandoras Box, and Right Wing politics has simply become another "demographic" and "market segment" to manufacture "products" for... and it's a profitable market at that (like any addiction)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 03:00 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
You know sometimes it hard to tell. I'll admit this one slipped by me.
Yup. The younger ones are very good at sarcasm. Old guys like me prefer a broad axe sort of insult, but my young adult kids much prefer the much more subtle pleasures that come from watching a guy stagger away who didn't even realize he was just wounded with a rapier until he falls over.

My youngest is by far the best of my bunch. The stuff he says still often sails right over my head, but completely cracks his friends up constantly. Their tendency to group up has created a generation who knows the full power of sarcastic snark.

They are now coming to the age when we will all see how they are in political action. I think we'll see a great return to the political wit we used to see in the old days, when insults were a well-practiced art. As soon as they start to show up, all the lumberheads will return to the deep shadows of the back benches once again.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:33 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Not being a scholar and not caring to be one...I can say one thing- If I run across something profound that makes sense and through observant proof is verified - through logic..I don't toss it away as some mystic non-sense ...I take heed because there is great wisdom in the writings of the ancients.

I knew someone more scholarly interest would come around and pin point the phrase "God shall send them a strong delusion"......If the critic here wants to call what is obvious "insane ramblings"....so be it...To look at reality and embrace truth is painful and not for the faint of heart..I see what I see and I will quote again "why do you doubt?" Your own God given clear perception?

I am not religious in the traditional sense..but I understand the basic concepts presented by Christ. TRUTH...or as translated REALITY - is one of the most important bases for the faith...to quote again and not from scripture "You can't handle the truth"...

Look around the world and be honest..do people in general and their leadership- have a firm grip on reality?

Is the tool of deception now used more than ever to control? AND most importantly- Those that seek to deceive and some how benefit through deception- truly benefit from deception or is the out come of being a liar NOT of benefit to the liar? It is clear that the liars themselves are delusional.

I would safely say that most of our leadership and those they lead that believe in the deception are insane...or insatana ...Only a delusional fool would believe that people these days are sane....all of the physical evidence that musters itself in the real material world...point through the final results..To the FACT that most are delusional....When the majority is delusional .....the few that are sane are cursed with persecution for simply pointing out what is real and true.

The need those with clear vision but they hate them...it is a conundrum.
I'm very familiar with the scripture that you were throwing around--2 Thessalonians 2:11 is referring to people believing the lies of the anti christ, signaling the period of time shortly before the second coming of Christ--evidently in your mind, Barack Obama is the anti christ. I think my exact description of your comments were "insane ramblings", and I meant it. It's bad enough that you and your little friend are both birthers, but trying to tie your birther nuttiness into scripture to make the case that the democrats are mounting a holy war against people of faith and trumpeting in the second coming of Christ with their wicked ways is more than a little over the top, don't you think?

What would Jesus think about cutting aid to feed hungry children, denying health care to people who are suffering, or having a presidential candidate propose building giant electric zapper fences around the borders to kill people trying to come here, and then getting a standing ovation for saying it? Just who exactly are the Godless ones here? This is not the republican party I grew up in--I can't stomach what you people stand for or the lies you try to tell.

Last edited by mb1547; 09-11-2012 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: don't call people delusional

Old 09-11-2012, 03:38 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,917,038 times
Looks like the American people are smarter than the far right liars think.
How about that.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:46 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
Looks like the American people are smarter than the far right liars think.
How about that.
Hopefully they will be alot smarter than the leftwing nutjobs.... that will mean we will be on the road to recovery

How about that ?

Old 09-11-2012, 04:13 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,460,349 times

Old 09-11-2012, 05:29 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Now now don't discount the guy entirely. He probably knows several good Oxy hookups plus where to get the more choice underage Dominican prostitutes.
Dang! I can't rep you for a while, but you nailed it!

Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
After all, he is the absolute worst president ever.

Anybody would beat Obama. ANYBODY.

A lampost, a dog named Boo, Grammy's cankles, you name it. ANYBODY can beat Obama.

So, what gives? Why is Obama seemingly pulling away while Romney's popularity ratings slide even further?

Could it be, maybe, just possibly that "Anyone But Obama" isn't good enough?

it was clinton that got it,not obama
or did you not get that?
did you really buy into them moving inside because of the weather??
hell no,they knew they could not get 74 thousand in to see him
they tried to bus folks in from georgia,LOL
get real,it ain't over yet

Old 09-11-2012, 06:56 PM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
After all, he is the absolute worst president ever.

Anybody would beat Obama. ANYBODY.

A lampost, a dog named Boo, Grammy's cankles, you name it. ANYBODY can beat Obama.

So, what gives? Why is Obama seemingly pulling away while Romney's popularity ratings slide even further?

Could it be, maybe, just possibly that "Anyone But Obama" isn't good enough?
#1 There is not enough data to say Obama is pulling away.

#2 Buchanan is the worst president ever.

#3 Obama is an average at best president, because he is absent on too many financial issues. At least he is a cool guy.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:59 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,052,917 times
The thread title made it sound as though G.W. Bush was running again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections