Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:38 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
How can the worst president in the history of mankind get a bounce? What is going on? How can this be?
Because the worst President in history was George W. Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 10:00 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
You lose all credibility when you insult a large group of people with bigoted remarks..... thanks for representing the Dem party with class.....
Insulting Republicans qualifies as bigotry now....right......from the people who get angry when black people claim bigotry is a problem and now Republicans are victims of bigotry!

Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Insulting Republicans qualifies as bigotry now....right......from the people who get angry when black people claim bigotry is a problem and now Republicans are victims of bigotry!
I could point out bigotry from the other side if you wish...... but your post gives the Dems a bad name for those on the fence

Just sayin' there bro

Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
I could point out bigotry from the other side if you wish...... but your post gives the Dems a bad name for those on the fence

Just sayin' there bro
There is no one on the fence here and there's nothing bigoted about criticizing Republicans, you should look up the word in the dictionary before throwing it out again.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:11 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
After all, he is the absolute worst president ever.

Anybody would beat Obama. ANYBODY.

A lampost, a dog named Boo, Grammy's cankles, you name it. ANYBODY can beat Obama.

So, what gives? Why is Obama seemingly pulling away while Romney's popularity ratings slide even further?

Could it be, maybe, just possibly that "Anyone But Obama" isn't good enough?

Don't worry, it's just hype.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:20 PM
F40

826 posts, read 857,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Actually F40 just because you don't want to do better in your life doesn't mean its not possible. It used to be possible. The first thing you learn when trying to do better is "ignore the naysayers".

The sad part is now that Obama is president and if re-elected you will be right. Anyone who wants to make that kind of money give it up. Obama will not let it happen.

Obama killed the American dream. We now have to teach our kids not to dream because it is not possible.
I do very well in life. You would worship me, I have lots cash and prizes

Old 09-11-2012, 01:52 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Simple: ignorant people.

P.T. Barnum was right.

Don't fret, his little "bounce" will go away if it hasn't already.

Yes, if it ever existed, but you are right...lot's of ignorant people in this country!

Old 09-11-2012, 03:07 AM

441 posts, read 501,431 times
"the worst President in the history of mankind... getting a bounce"?? Huh? Is Shrub running again? I thought the RNC had had their collective brain zapped à la Men in Black to forget about Shrub. I have almost been feeling sorry for the man.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,460,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
After all, he is the absolute worst president ever.

Anybody would beat Obama. ANYBODY.

A lampost, a dog named Boo, Grammy's cankles, you name it. ANYBODY can beat Obama.

So, what gives? Why is Obama seemingly pulling away while Romney's popularity ratings slide even further?

Could it be, maybe, just possibly that "Anyone But Obama" isn't good enough?
Don't worry, you'll have (at least) 4 more years to figure it all out....

Old 09-11-2012, 05:14 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach
There is a phrase I heard that is biblical...not sure where it is from...It mentions God...messing with the minds of power crazed people...and those to cowardly to stand up for justice..."I will send them a strong delusion"...America and American leadership all live in la la land....The whole empire seems to be carrying a curse...No one is capable of seeing reality anymore...It is quite frightening when you come to think of it...A nation and empire built on Christian doctrine..where TRUTH or reality was paramount..now that those values are tossed aside- what is left?

2 Thessalonians 2 (King James Version)
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

I have studied the scriptures, and can apply this one accurately. Oleg Bach is rather accurate with his basic general point. Perhaps you may NEED to reconsider the ignorant incorrect criticism you have rendered. The above IS God's Word and is being fulfilled. I, personally, would not call The Truth of God....''insane ramblings'' -- obviously, you've never read much of it

I know that is not Wise.
Not being a scholar and not caring to be one...I can say one thing- If I run across something profound that makes sense and through observant proof is verified - through logic..I don't toss it away as some mystic non-sense ...I take heed because there is great wisdom in the writings of the ancients.

I knew someone more scholarly interest would come around and pin point the phrase "God shall send them a strong delusion"......If the critic here wants to call what is obvious "insane ramblings"....so be it...To look at reality and embrace truth is painful and not for the faint of heart..I see what I see and I will quote again "why do you doubt?" Your own God given clear perception?

I am not religious in the traditional sense..but I understand the basic concepts presented by Christ. TRUTH...or as translated REALITY - is one of the most important bases for the faith...to quote again and not from scripture "You can't handle the truth"...

Look around the world and be honest..do people in general and their leadership- have a firm grip on reality?

Is the tool of deception now used more than ever to control? AND most importantly- Those that seek to deceive and some how benefit through deception- truly benefit from deception or is the out come of being a liar NOT of benefit to the liar? It is clear that the liars themselves are delusional.

I would safely say that most of our leadership and those they lead that believe in the deception are insane...or insatana ...Only a delusional fool would believe that people these days are sane....all of the physical evidence that musters itself in the real material world...point through the final results..To the FACT that most are delusional....When the majority is delusional .....the few that are sane are cursed with persecution for simply pointing out what is real and true.

The need those with clear vision but they hate them...it is a conundrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections