Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 06:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
I agree . Im not going to say it was a smart thing to say . Just like obys you didnt build that was not a smart thing to say.
I also dont beleive its as damageing as many would like to beleive. Obama pissed me off with his speach but does it realy matter? I would never consider voting for him anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 06:54 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
None of these folks listens to anything but the blabbering thrown about by the media. It's beyond pathetic anymore. None of these screechers would vote for Romney or anybody else anyway. More deflection by these folks to try and hide the inept CIC.
I tuned in MSNBC for 3 of their 0boy bobble head shows last night. It was truly unbelievable. The screeching and yammering was embarrassing. For all intents and purposes, they didn't mention 0boy at all. It's true that they have nothing to brag about with him, so they literally spend all their time hammering away at Romney. I pictured a room full of 2 year olds mid-tantrum.

This latest find of theirs...the 47% thing...didn't this happen several months ago? It's totally irrelevant to begin with, but God Good, it's like they think they found the Ark of something. Why do they humiliate themselves so?

I'm old, I'm retired, I live on practically no money. I designed my retirement years to be relatively tax free. It was the choice I made. I am 100% behind this goofy 47% statement. Romney was completely accurate in what he said.

When a candidate says something honest, liberal heads explode. Dumbfounding. But what one expects of children with defective thought processes. I think they have government sponsored homes for those poor things. They should be rounded up and committed before they hurt themselves.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:54 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Ha Ha. In fairness, Ryan helped.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:56 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I love the outrage over the fact that a company is paying minimum wage and above, which is exactly what the law specifies they do.

How do you propose you define this mythical "living wage" that you are yelling about? Are you willing to pay an extra 20% for every item on the shelf at Walmart so the people that work there can have a bigger pay check that doesn't necessarily correlate with their skills and the value that they add to the business? If not, where do you propose that extra "living wage" money comes from to pad their pay checks?
I don't think people really know how much Walmart pays their employees. It's true they start out low...less than $9 hour...BUT they DO give regular raises and people who've been with the company for a while are making upwards of $15 hour. We also have quite a few husbands/wives working there and they both make that much. Nobody is willing to pay more for the products they buy so people can make more money and Walmart has some pretty great benefits as well. I don't know if people are aware that Walmart pays their associates a bonus every three months either, based on their store activity. I do pretty well there, even working only part time and full timers do even better.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:57 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why doesn't your nephew just confess his sins and admit that he slobbers over Barack Obama?

Let's just keep it simple and leave the troops out of this discussion.
Too much truth for the self-Righteous?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:57 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya, equating wealth with having character!!! LOL! Yup, that's the Republican way....the adoration of the Wealthy as their only god.
He "may, "probably" paid more taxes than I and a lot of other people because he is so incredibly wealthy (from INHERITED wealth)but did he pay his fair share, NO, ...or he would've released his tax statements.

AND there are MANY Republican voters in that 47% of mooching freeloaders that Romney hates....they may just change their minds....
I see you glossed over the part that he made more charitable contributions in 1 year than your 5 fav dems have in several years. That's the part that shows character, or lack of..

Did you know that Harry Reid became a millionaire AFTER he became a senator? I wonder how THAT happened..

Questions Surface Over How Sen. Harry Reid Actually Became a Multi-Millionaire while ‘In Office’ | Opinion - Conservative

Wanna discuss character, start in your own party. Or do they have any character to discuss?

Old 09-19-2012, 07:00 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Did you know that Harry Reid became a millionaire AFTER he became a senator? I wonder how THAT happened..
Fin a member of Congress on either side of the aisle whose net worth went down after going to Washington, now that would be news!

Old 09-19-2012, 07:02 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
So this is Romney's collectivist belief system?

The red states below reflect the States with the highest percentage of tax filers with no tax liability.

These are people who pay no income tax…[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. - Mitt Romney
Huh? What does that have to do with the post you replied to?

Old 09-19-2012, 07:02 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No, you're the one who doesn't understand his comment. 47% of the adult population is NOT lazy, irresponsible people getting government hand-outs. Look around in your own life. Do you see nearly 50% of everyone you come in contact with sitting around waiting for a hand-out? Mitt has the same misunderstand of who pays and doesn't pay taxes as you do to have come up with that 47% and that whole thing has been debunked months ago.
He said 47% of the people were going to vote OBAMA no matter what. What part of that didn't you understand? THEN he want on to attempt to quantify that statement. technically he is right,

Quote:
There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to take care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what...These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax.
Misconceptions and Realities About Who Pays Taxes — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Old 09-19-2012, 07:06 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I see you glossed over the part that he made more charitable contributions in 1 year than your 5 fav dems have in several years. That's the part that shows character, or lack of.."""""

I see you ignored the part of having charitable contributions as huge tax write offs......

Romney has shown he has NO charitable feelings whatsoever.

"""""Did you know that Harry Reid became a millionaire AFTER he became a senator? I wonder how THAT happened..

Questions Surface Over How Sen. Harry Reid Actually Became a Multi-Millionaire while ‘In Office’ | Opinion - Conservative

Wanna discuss character, start in your own party. Or do they have any character to discuss?
I see you glossed over the TOPIC and went off it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections