Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 05:48 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
What BS! As if obama has ever represented everyone in this country! You Alinsky lefties really follow your leader, don't ya. Pathetic.
I sure recalled watching the RNC convention and was amazed at all of the different people that was there, OOPs wrong convention all that I seen was angry white people. But to republican's credit they did managed to have one black woman speaking and at the same time racially insulted another. So much for representing everyone in the country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 05:48 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
There was nothing wrong with what he said. 47% of the population do not pay federal taxes, they are not going to vote for someone who they perceive (wrongly as it happens) will make them pay.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:50 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you have difficulty with comprehension?
Apparently

Old 09-18-2012, 05:56 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,681,790 times
Neither my 66 year old mother, nor my 16 year old daughter pays federal income tax.
I guess Romney thinks 2 out of 3 generations of my family are deadbeats.

Willard sure has a way with words.

Last edited by Eddyline; 09-18-2012 at 06:17 AM..

Old 09-18-2012, 06:04 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,875,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Which is what, that in your opinion humans and animals are the same?

A lesson in predictability.
That is exactly correct, humans and animals ARE the same. What kind of selfish, disgusting person thinks that, somehow, their meaningless lives are any more significant than that of an animal?

Old 09-18-2012, 06:05 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That is not what he said and most of you know it. Nothing that he said was incorrect. He was not speaking of those drawing Social Security which is not a hand out, but something those folks have earned. He was speaking of way too many people in this country on the government dole. Way too many who like it that way and don't intend to do anything else.

Of course, this is the Obama plan and those of like minds that surround Obama and have put him in the position of power that he is in. They want to overload the welfare system and systematically bring down the economic system we have had in this country since it's inception. The sad thing is, they just about have done it. Four more years, and they will do it.

I think Mitt Romney should take this opportunity and just expand on this theme and carry it right on. A large percentage of Americans are tired of working our butts off to keep up the 'freeloaders' and yes, I said it, because that is what they are....plain and simple. Not the truly disabled, not the elderly, not those who are unemployed and can't find work due to Obama's horrible policies.

This is just another distraction to try to derail Mitt Romney and throw the message off track, because the Obama campaign knows they are in big trouble. With the medias help, this is all they have got and it's just not going to be enough. It's too little, too late.
Very well said!!

I though Romney was spot on and the percentage of people standing with their hands out waiting for the government to take from those whom have and give to them will never vote for him. Those people do not honor success. The welfare system is so overloaded right now, it is going to be hard to find enough taxpayers to continue to support the system....let alone grow it.

Spot on about this just being another opportunity by the media to attemto to derail Romney.

The true message of Obama is clear: economic ruin, foreign policy nightmare, extreme Muslim ties and sympathies, disasterous healthcare act, unheard of unemployment numbers, "you didn't build that" mentality against business owners, solyndra, inept and corrupt cronies, rising gas prices.......need I go on??

Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Dixiegirl, I admire your loyalty.

But smell the coffee. Your man is a tool. He's made that clear repeatedly. Obama had nothing to do with it.
Your man defined the word tool.

Now let's get back to what is REALLY going on and stop trying to deflect:

Economic ruin
Foreign affairs nightmare
Inept and corrupt BO administration
Unheard of unemployment numbers
Rising gas rices
Disasterous bail outs
Disasterous health care TAX bill
Solyndra
And much, much, much more!

There now lefties, are you back on track again.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:10 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,702,126 times
It would have had even more impact had this been released in late October instead of mid-September. This gives Romney's campaign more time for damage control and spin.

I'm going to channel my "inner Mitt" now. Most Americans tend to forget the transgressions of other people given enough time. It is quite possible that come November, this snafu will only swing a small portion of the voting population. However, Romney can't afford to lose votes like that.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:10 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
"Several" Republicans? Tongue in cheek, right? Do we have the stats on how many of the most wealthy individuals pay little or no tax?
What we do know is that about 90% of all taxes are paid by the people at the top. I was trying to get a chart up, but it's taking too long. But it's a myth that the "rich don't pay their 'fair share.'" This claim is made by the left to create class envy.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:12 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Neither my 66 year old mother, nor my 16 year old daughter pays federal income tax.
I guess Romney thinks 2 out of 3 generations of my family are deadbeats.

Willard sure has a way with words.
Exactly true. When Romney talks with such disdain of the so-called 49% who don't pay taxes as not taking responsibility for their own lives he's talking about senior citizens on social security, deployed military personal, teenagers who don't make enough to pay taxes, the working poor who get enough tax write-offs so their tax commitment is wiped to zero, people on unemployment through no fault of their own, and people like my niece who is so severely disabled she can't even feed herself or wipe her own butt. Romney is an elitist of the worst kind! 49% of the population doesn't take responsibility for their own lives?? He is so out of touch with mainstream America it's not funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections