Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No, everyone does NOT know this because it isn't true. See post #51 above.

Guess what. We don't live in the middle east and who our next president is makes a difference in our every day life.
And Obama has destroyed our every day life! Thanks for pointing out this important fact.

Our economy is the worse it has ever been and continues to slide downhill. Rising gas prices, a bigger than ever entitlement mentality, no support for "you didn't build it" business owners, and a disasterous health care TAX. Yes indeed, we all need to pay attention to the difference a president makes in our every day lives.

And BTW....you better be paying attention to what is going on in the middle east because ultimately, it does and will become a part of your every day life! And Obama has made a huge mess out of foreign affairs and is showing his ineptness with the current debacle in the middle east right now.

So stop the stupid deflection with a comment Romney made, pull your head out of the sand, and admit the countless failures Obama has slung upon us. We cannot take another 4 years of this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times

So what is new?

Romney: If you're looking for more free stuff, vote for the other guy - YouTube

Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Here is context from the most neutral source I could find in the first 2 pages of googling. Motherjones.com came up #1 so I wasnt going there.

Mitt Romney Stands by Comments About ‘Entitled’ Obama Supporters in Leaked Videos - ABC News

Old 09-18-2012, 06:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
That is not true...I notice you use the term "able bodied" people...so you are suggesting that all these poor people should work labor jobs where only their bodies are used? What about able minded poor people..They do exist. The idea that people on government assistance actually "live" is absurd. They exist and it is a miserable stressful existence..Poor people on assistance are in storage..They are a surplus of human resource - neglected and disposed of - who's lives are shortened by poverty. You try living on 6000 a year..eating starch and sugar with no real medical care.

Do some people actually think...this is great...lets go on assistance and have a wonderful time? Why don't you be honest and just say you would like to genocide the poor and be rid of them...That is the crux and crisis...People in their hearts would rather destroy the poor..but can not openly say that..because it is not PC.

Even if the poor ceased to exist- a new poor would form...A society is judged by how well they take care of their weakest members....cold storage is not really taking care of them- Giving them more money is not taking care of them- to stop hating them is the beginning of renewal.

Christ said "The poor will always be with us" - He did not just mean the materially poor...there are rich who are poor of spirit..those that hate the poor are also the poor.
Amen.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:56 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
With the exception of Idaho,the red states highlighted are also home to the highest percentages of Blacks and Hispanics in the country.

Another liberal taling point that fails miserably.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:58 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
In December 2009, the New York Times published a series of related articles showing that poor whites across Appalachia and the Mississippi Delta and through the Midwest, Deep South and Texas borderlands were the highest percentage of Americans relying on the SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), or food stamp, program.

According to the New York Times, 36 million Americans relied on food stamps. More than 24 million of them were white, 8 million were African American and 6 million were Hispanic of any race.
So basically less than 10% of whites (Romney's base) are on welfare vs. 20% of Blacks (Obama's base) and about 12% Hispanic (Somewhat of of Obama's base)

Old 09-18-2012, 06:59 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
No harm no foul. These people may live in a red state but that dosnt mean they would have voted for him anyways. Do you realy think poor southern blacks were going to vote for Romney?
My father, who is white.", is a die hard republican and former state toll collector. His separated wife worked for the public school system. They both have health insurance they have never paid for. He has filed bankruptcy twice. They refinanced themselves out of their home, like morons, and lost it. Now he's retired. Thank goodness he has a pension from his union job and social security. He's been hanging on the government's teat for decades. Oh, and he doesn't pay fed income taxes. I think he's pretty typical. I'm one of the independents Romney is wooing (I pay more in taxes than my dad grosses) and I have to say that his charge offended me. If that's what he thinks he's going to turn independents off.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:00 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,977,255 times
WashPost today: Romney’s theory of the “taker class,” and why it matters

'For what it’s worth, this division of “makers” and “takers” isn’t true. Among the Americans who paid no federal income taxes in 2011, 61 percent paid payroll taxes — which means they have jobs and, when you account for both sides of the payroll tax, they paid 15.3 percent of their income in taxes, which is higher than the 13.9 percent that Romney paid. Another 22 percent were elderly....

Part of the reason so many Americans don’t pay federal income taxes is that Republicans have passed a series of very large tax cuts that wiped out the income-tax liability for many Americans. That’s why, when you look at graphs of the percent of Americans who don’t pay income taxes, you see huge jumps after Ronald Reagan’s 1986 tax reform and George W. Bush’s 2001 and 2003 tax cuts. So whenever you hear that half of Americans don’t pay federal income taxes, remember: Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush helped build that....'

Old 09-18-2012, 07:01 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Lightbulb lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
dont worry, all I heard from obama was more of the hope and change bs and that is still what hussein is talking, talking about more of the old crap out the side of his mouth.
As soon as President Obama said "Our challenges can be met. The path we offer may be harder" Republicans opted out.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:01 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
47% of Americans ARE free loaders. Everyone knows it- Romney just said the obvious.
My eighty year old parents on social security
My veteran uncle who was injured while serving
My daughter who got a pell grant and now earns enough money to pay more in taxes than she would as a waitress
My mom in law who is in a nursing home after paying into the system for 50 years
My neighbor's kid with disabilities
and my friend who collects unemployment because she can't find a job

All freeloaders...you are right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections