Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 01:58 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Actually, Willard Romneys stupidity is stunning.....He has now energized the democatic party and once again back himself into a corner. This is someone who is not competent to be POTUS.
energized the Democratic party? Let's not get carried away here....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 01:59 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What are you doing watching MSNBC? I know, I know. That Tamron Hall is pure eye candy, better than anything on Fox, I'd say.
I gave you a rep for that but she's into old liberal white men evidently. I'm too Black for her.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:02 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Gasp! Gasp! Why that, that, ....

Dirty Old Egg-Suckin' Dog - YouTube

Old 09-18-2012, 02:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
I've self admitted I've paid no income taxes for the last 12 years, and I'm a Romney supporter. Clearly what Obama is doing, isnt working.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:03 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
It will if anything help Romney with the base. People on ssi,welfare and 99 weeks of unemployment will vote for Hussein in any event.
I think you might be one of Romney's political advisors.

Because it's this kind of thinking that seems to be guiding Romney, only the guidance is in the wrong direction.

Here, let me help you. Romney was speaking to wealthy people who were donating large sums of money to his campaign. He doesn't need to court their votes, he's already got their votes. All he needed to do was thank them for their generosity, and pay a little lipservice to their agenda. Instead, he goes way further, essentially telling them that the people receiving assistance (whether they are Republican or Democrat) don't really matter to him. He forgets that he's a public figure, running for public office, and that as such, any comments he makes will likely make it to larger audiences.

There are a lot of people receiving assistance that are conservative as well as liberal. There are a lot of elderly people getting social security. They fall into that 47%. And they tend to vote conservative. There are people who are undecided, and he needs to persuade the undecideds that he's their man. There are people who are receiving unemployment who are angry with President Obama. And Romney needs their votes. Romney needed to backpedal to correct this mistake.

Instead, he doubles down.

If Romney loses the election, he needs to examine how he arrived at decisions like this one. Who in his campaign thought it better to double down on a remark which said that 47% of the people in this country were of no concern or interest to him? Because he's behind in the polls, and he needs EVERY vote he can get. He doesn't have the luxury of picking and choosing which votes he wants.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
You don't know what an icebox is do you? They existed before refrigerators and operated similar to an ice chest in that ice had to be put into them to keep your food cold. My grandfather had that job as iceman. People needed someone to do this, so this job existed for awhile and went away. If people don't want to spend money at Friendlys, those jobs are no longer needed.

We do have to consider the original owner. Part of business is sometimes cutting your losses and getting out. The jobs would be lost regardless. The owner sells to Bain and cuts his losses. I don't see how what happened is bad on anyones part.

I know what an icebox is, genius.

Is there seriously something wrong with you guys? Comparing old technolgoy phased out by new techology to families going out for dinner and saying they are the same thing? At least frame the argument in some context. Maybe say that Friendly's isn't "hip" enough for the modern family or something like that..although honestly it's a better version of Denny's so I still don't get it.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:06 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,994,774 times
Quote:

Romney insulted a lot of hard working honest people. Just look at every newscasts leading story. Even most level headed republicans are running for cover.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:10 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Romney insulted a lot of hard working honest people. Just look at every newscasts leading story. Even most level headed republicans are running for cover.
He didn't offend many, if any at all. See, most people are smarter than your average Lefty, they know what he said was true.

Uh oh Libs: Lib talk show host says he's fielding lots of call from 47% who support Mitt

Old 09-18-2012, 02:14 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And Kristol is a A--! PEOPLE can't stand people who tell things as they really are, tough we need more of this.

Gosh dang bias media frezy, it is so obvious.

Hate sneaky people, and i myself hate liars, this administration has too dang many of them.

From the latest movie fiasco excuse, to all their other lies?

Are you kidding me? It's been demonstrated on at least ONE thread here and on several new sites that Mitt Romney's latest statement was off the mark. He was incorrect in what he said. He was wrong. He's been wrong a lot lately and some of his own side are distancing himself.

That's fine if you still want to vote for him and you are okay with what he misstates--plenty of that happens on the other side too. But don't fool yourself and portray yourself as a close-minded conspiracy theorist: he was WRONG when he made these statements. Look at the data. Oh, I know what he was getting at but it seriously messed up how he laid out his words.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:14 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,993 times
Quote:
xxx insulted a lot of hard working honest people.
I will rephrase that for you.

Obama has insulted a lot of hard working honest people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections