Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,332,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
He very plainly said 47% feel entitled to handouts? Where did he say that? He certainly didn't say that in the Cavuto interview, which I'm sure you bothered to watch.

You guys are pretty disgusting. Romney basically reaffirmed what Ive been saying and you're still putting words in his mouth with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

Did you miss reading comprehension in school or something?
totally agree with you, amazing, how for years now, more and more people "think" they are entitled to freebees....and they don't have to be a working member of the community, which is the downfall of the U.S. No one seems to get it, they are constantly fighting between parties, and refuse to work together or even think about consequences, or the results it will bring about in years to come. It is all about quick fixes, no one seems to be able to think outside the box. For instance, PP&L, we constantly have storms and power outages, however, they are more concerned with the money they are putting in they're pockets rather then long term preventative maintenance. We've been told for years, the lines in our community are old, however, no one wants to fix them? People are not able to think about the results of their decissions, or who they hurt, it's all about me, and to heck with working together to make things right. You can see it on these forums, the insults, it's like kindergarden....and to blame one party for all the problems is absolutely ludicrist. Both parties are corrupt, yet, all these people here, continue to fight back and forth and refuse to see the bigger picture? I cannot believe how idiotic some of these posts are? We have not progressed, we've regressed not only as a nation, but intellectually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 12:39 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,620,903 times

Old 09-20-2012, 12:55 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,429,595 times
Liberals OUTRAGED That Romney Told The Truth About The Cradle-To-Grave Obama Supporters. Obama supporters are people that hold the same ideology that Obama holds, that government should take care of citizens from cradle-to-grave.

These are the same liberals that see nothing wrong with Obama's continued class warfare rhetoric when he says that the people who already pay for everything be forced to pay more while the people that pay nothing, continue to pay nothing and receive public benefits from the money taken from the people who do pay.

The truth is an embarrassment for liberals. Thank you, Mitt, for finally saying what millions have been saying for years.

Last edited by eRayP; 09-20-2012 at 01:09 PM..

Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,429,595 times
Those that do not support Obama, that believe in personal responsibility and that government already does too much (54 percent), is too big and spends money America doesn’t have.

Flashback:
You didn't build that!
Yep, these are the people that are paying the bill and liberals are taking the money and kicking them at the same time.

Either way, he is right, welfare queens especially will never have voted for Romney and why would he they will accuse him of pandering. He is using his money sensibly.

Last edited by eRayP; 09-20-2012 at 01:07 PM..

Old 09-20-2012, 01:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,236,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Liberals OUTRAGED That Romney Told The Truth About The 47 Percent Of Cradle-To-Grave Obama Supporters. Obama supporters are people that hold the same ideology that Obama holds, that government should take care of citizens from cradle-to-grave.

These are the same liberals that see nothing wrong with Obama's continued class warfare rhetoric when he asserts that the people who already pay for everything be forced to pay more while the people that pay nothing, continue to pay nothing and receive public benefits from the money taken from that that do pay.
You care to tell me who those 47% of non-tax paying liberals are? I'll wait.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,236,620 times
Quote:
don't worry urban life your posts say you can't fend for yourself so you are voting for obama so obama will take care of you.
Yep, and don't worry, I imagine you can't take care of yourself either so I will be voting for Obama so you will be taken care of too, so you are welcome.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:28 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,737,412 times
Quote:
Liberals OUTRAGED That Romney Told The Truth About The Cradle-To-Grave Obama Supporters. Obama supporters are people that hold the same ideology that Obama holds, that government should take care of citizens from cradle-to-grave.

These are the same liberals that see nothing wrong with Obama's continued class warfare rhetoric when he says that the people who already pay for everything be forced to pay more while the people that pay nothing, continue to pay nothing and receive public benefits from the money taken from the people who do pay.

The truth is an embarrassment for liberals. Thank you, Mitt, for finally saying what millions have been saying for years.
Nonsense.

And, please do tell me, who are these people who pay for EVERYTHING?
I want to let 'them' know that they clearly forgot to pay the street pavers by me, 'cause I encounter some pretty big potholes on my way to and from work.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:32 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,538,508 times
Over 1900, posts, wow. I don't recall, in 2008, McCain, having anything close to this, over a gaffe and he had his arse handed to him, Romney has 2 or maybe even 3, similar threads, over being caught saying something real stupid.
Unless these voter suppression laws, do what they're meant to do and Diebold does it's hit job with voting machines, all Obama has to do it not screw up on the debates and keep the pedal to the metal and he's relected.
Another thing that could, but not likely, save Romney, is a spike of record level gas prices, before Nov 4th.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:34 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,329,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP
don't worry urban life your posts say you can't fend for yourself so you are voting for obama so obama will take care of you.
It's arrogant statements like this that are so insulting. People like you and Mitt think that the 47% plus of Americans who will likely vote for Obama are all lazy leeches who don't take personal responsibility for their lives.

Republican logic regarding getting government handouts:

Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid - YouTube

Old 09-20-2012, 02:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,560,769 times
Quote:

Yes, thank you Mitt because now we have 4 more years of Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections