Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 02:41 PM

4,241 posts, read 7,178,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
.... that government should take care of citizens from cradle-to-grave. ...
In other words a social-democratic welfare state. Sounds like a good deal to me. They have that in Germany and my German relatives have done OK under such a system.

Quote:
while the people that pay nothing, continue to pay nothing and receive public benefits from the money taken from the people who do pay.
...the people who pay nothing are not making enough to pay taxes as they don't have to pay due to various exemptions and credits based on income, familiy size, etc. This is a sad situation if we have so many people who don't make enough money to be able to pay taxes and actually qualify for these breaks.

If we continue to have a society were people move to the top, the 1% to 15% of so, and the rest start falling you will lose your middle class and there will be a lot more than 47% who wont qualify to pay taxes.

Of course the solution to this is if you want to structure government like a buisness or coproration your say depends on how much you pay into it. People who hold more shares get more of a say in corporations. Maybe voting for federal office should move away from one-man/one-vote to how much taxes you pay depends on how many votes you get. You'd have to amend the Constitution for that (though i think property qualifications for voting are Constitutional, no?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Liberals OUTRAGED That Romney Told The Truth About The Cradle-To-Grave Obama Supporters. Obama supporters are people that hold the same ideology that Obama holds, that government should take care of citizens from cradle-to-grave.

While he is at it why is ryan still getting subsidies for his company? Is'nt that like welfare?

These are the same liberals that see nothing wrong with Obama's continued class warfare rhetoric when he says that the people who already pay for everything be forced to pay more while the people that pay nothing, continue to pay nothing and receive public benefits from the money taken from the people who do pay.

Riiight! Is that why over 90% of the RNC was white?

The truth is an embarrassment for liberals. Thank you, Mitt, for finally saying what millions have been saying for years.

Millions of people that are voting for you because they can't stand Obama and not because they believe (or understand) what the hell he is talking about in the first place

Old 09-20-2012, 09:54 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Mitt is now telling the South Florida Latinos, it was Obama that made him diss the 47% by being so divisive.
Why? because many of them have their own racial issues or does not understand english?

Old 09-21-2012, 02:18 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donna-501 View Post
yes, thank you mitt because now we have 4 more years of obama.
FROM MAMA TO OBAMA

Cradle To Grave.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
FROM MAMA TO OBAMA

Cradle To Grave.
Romney's mama said that they were on welfare.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:43 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Romney isn't talking about you.
Public school isn't paid for by the federal income tax.

You apparently have NO IDEA what you're talking about.
I never said it was. If you didn't let your ADD kick in after the first sentence, you would have read the part about PROPERTY TAX. At least, that's how it was funded in my state.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
True. Also keep in mind he was speaking to campaign donors. He was referring to his campaign strategy of not going after the votes of those that are obviously voting for Obama. But when he is pesident most of those people will benefit from the improvements in the economy that Romney's program will bring.
I've heard nothing from Romney that would tell me he has a way to improve the economy, any more than Obama. I have heard a couple of things that will actually hurt the economy even more.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Uh, no, that is not why it is the truth.

Have you looked at the polls?

Obama has a solid base of supporters who will not budge on voting for him.

That is not my opinion. That is a FACT.
And, do I fit into that "solid base of supporters?

Obama is one of the poorest choices we've ever had for President. Only one I can think of that was lower quality was John Kerry. But, if the election is held tomorrow, my vote (given the choice of only the two of them) goes to Obama. Romney, in my view, drops below Kerry. If I heard something from Romney that I believed would actually FIX the economy, and had a chance to prevent a recession like this in the future, he'd get my vote in a second. But, not with the #@$%$^ he's been spouting.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
You are correct. They are called "democrats."

Read his quote again for clarification.
I have read his quote, and I've also done something else that, I doubt you have, told me more. I've visited a "REPUBLICAN PARTY CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERS" in the area. In effect, if you make less than $125K a year, Romney doesn't have the time of day for you. You're a SLACKER. You did not care enough about your future to position yourself better in this society.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:19 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I will definitely do a little more digging with this one. I just can't believe Willard would be this stupid and wreckless.

Mitt Romney Video: Barack Obama Voters 'Dependent On Government'
It certainly doesn't help his campaign for presidency but the man can take care of his own. So I would not call him stupid.

Opportunities have been given to Mitt Romney that others do not have automatically when they are born. An example of this would be family culture and Mr. Romney has stated that "culture matters".

This is why it appears he cannot relate to the general public. He makes it sound like we all had equal access, equal opportunities.

Last edited by crisan; 09-21-2012 at 04:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections