Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 03:14 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times

Advertisements

Clint Eastwood on RNC Speech: Anyone 'Dumb Enough' to Ask Me to Speak at a Political Convention Gets What They Get

"If somebody's dumb enough to ask me to go to a political convention and say something, they're gonna have to take what they get," the veteran actor told an Extra correspondent during a one-on-one interview about his upcoming film Trouble with the Curve (skip to 2:15 in the video below).

Asked if Mitt Romney was that "somebody," Eastwood initially said "yeah," before adding, "actually, he had some of his people ask."

Obama 2012!!! Although I do feel sorry for Romney!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 03:52 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Did you even watch the video? He most certainly supports Romney for president. Didn't have a single nice thing to say about Obama, even when the guy said that Obama had said nice things about him.

The statement about them being dumb enough to have him speak, was basically sarcastic and was not meaningful in any way.

Can we act like grown-ups for a minute and stop putting up crap like this? I'm not even for Romney, but lets carry ourselves with a little honesty?

Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,180,283 times
Sarcasm or no sarcasm, it pretty much underscores the fact that even Mr. Eastwood knows how douche-chillingly bad his little monologue was. Although, it doesn't hold a candle to Romney's "47%" mouth enema...

Old 09-18-2012, 04:27 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Did you even watch the video? He most certainly supports Romney for president. Didn't have a single nice thing to say about Obama, even when the guy said that Obama had said nice things about him.

The statement about them being dumb enough to have him speak, was basically sarcastic and was not meaningful in any way.

Can we act like grown-ups for a minute and stop putting up crap like this? I'm not even for Romney, but lets carry ourselves with a little honesty?
You must be new here

Old 09-18-2012, 04:34 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Clint Eastwood on RNC Speech: Anyone 'Dumb Enough' to Ask Me to Speak at a Political Convention Gets What They Get

"If somebody's dumb enough to ask me to go to a political convention and say something, they're gonna have to take what they get," the veteran actor told an Extra correspondent during a one-on-one interview about his upcoming film Trouble with the Curve (skip to 2:15 in the video below).

Asked if Mitt Romney was that "somebody," Eastwood initially said "yeah," before adding, "actually, he had some of his people ask."

All the Obama fans can rejoice..... while the other side gets the power to create gridlock..... yea

I am laughing at the Obama folks thinking that change will actually happen

Say it with me now.... Gridlock..! Gridlock..!...... you wanted it folks, you got it

As long as free contraception and a welfare check keep coming, who cares right?

Old 09-18-2012, 05:16 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
I guess he doesn't take himself too seriously, but Eastwood made a great case that Obama is nothing but a hateful empty suit.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Sarcasm or no sarcasm, it pretty much underscores the fact that even Mr. Eastwood knows how douche-chillingly bad his little monologue was. Although, it doesn't hold a candle to Romney's "47%" mouth enema...
The interview I say, he was a little surprised, and not at all bothered that he cut substantially into that magic ten o'clock hour they wanted people seeing Romney. He seemed rather amused by it all.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

I thought at the time he was doing his thing that it was very well planned and very well delivered. You do know that he has won some awards for acting and especially for directing. He was both, actor and director, in that bit and did a fine job. I have watched that thing 6 times since the real time thing and am more convinced that he knew what he was doing and did it so well. I never thought his critics, mostly from the left, had any idea what he was doing.

Obama, 2012. Jeez, how can you think like that?

Old 09-18-2012, 05:22 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I thought at the time he was doing his thing that it was very well planned and very well delivered.
I'm quite certain that nobody is surprised that you thought that.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:23 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

It's impossible for the left to portray honesty. They find some little nugget and blow it up, spew it out, and act like it's the end all of everything. After a few minutes, a new little silly thing comes along, and it starts all over again.

Liberals have an extremely short attention span. They're like 2 year olds on a sugar high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections