Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:04 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,464,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The democrats used to hand nooses around effigies of president Bush, carry posters of "kill Bush" all the time. So by comparison, this is tame. I disagree with doing this, but it's tame when compared to the actions by the looney left.

Just to remind people of life during Bush:
Funny how the only time republicans ever seem to remember Bush anymore, is when they need to defend him... and even then, they usually just portray him as some sort of "victim"!

Old 09-21-2012, 11:34 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,353,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well you better make damn sure the posters you are calling hypocrites, such as you have called me, have actually supported death threats against Republican presidents. I have not done so, EVER, not on this board and not IRL and would never do so. Your post against me was offensive.
Then of course you can provide links to posts that you made expressing your outrage and condemning the death threats and hanging if effigy regarding Bush. We'll wait.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
When did I say I supported the death talk about any president? I thought my post made it really clear that all such discourse is deplorable. And I will require evidence that a huge segment of the left has advocated for republican leaders' like Bush's deaths, including a definition of what constitutes huge. I'd also like to see such examples from the MSM.
Agreed. If you express disapproval of talking about death to Obama, you are automatically included in the group that agreed with those who demonstrated and said such things about Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Then of course you can provide links to posts that you made expressing your outrage and condemning the death threats and hanging if effigy regarding Bush. We'll wait.
I didn't even start posting here on P&OC until late in the last presidential campaign. Bush was a non-issue. I'm not going to dig through CD's sucky search system to find anything I said 4 years ago. However, you are free to do so if you wish.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:36 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Definitely racially motivated. Scumbags.
why is it 'racist' to hang an empty chair, but not 'racist' to hang an effigy of a white president?

'splain, please.

Va. man: No lynching connotations to strung-up 'Nobama' chair - Washington Times

Old 09-21-2012, 05:23 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,353,458 times
Quote:
Agreed. If you express disapproval of talking about death to Obama, you are automatically included in the group that agreed with those who demonstrated and said such things about Bush!

I didn't even start posting here on P&OC until late in the last presidential campaign. Bush was a non-issue. I'm not going to dig through CD's sucky search system to find anything I said 4 years ago. However, you are free to do so if you wish.
Right- just as I thought. Thanks for participating. I enjoy comedy.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,469,696 times
Quote:
See post #63 and quit projecting. You might also take the time to read the TOS, b/c I think you need a refresher.
I stand by that post. "Funny how you never made that same recommendation when Bush was getting all those death threats." You were defending those low-lifes who were threatening Bush as their "right to free speech." Now, suddenly because it is Obama, your messiah, you want to ban those who threaten the President. Are you even capable of comprehending the meaning of hypocrisy?

If it was not for the double-standard of liberal freaks, they would have no standards at all.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Right- just as I thought. Thanks for participating. I enjoy comedy.
I was at work, bub, on my lunch break of about 1/2 hour! And I'm not spending hours looking for something just for you. If you can't take my word that I defended Sarah Palin's parenting, over and over again, tough darts. I have yet to see a conservative say it is inappropriate to make these kind of comments about Obama. Certainly none have in this thread!

I have only seen one conservative defend Michelle Obama's parenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I stand by that post. "Funny how you never made that same recommendation when Bush was getting all those death threats." You were defending those low-lifes who were threatening Bush as their "right to free speech." Now, suddenly because it is Obama, your messiah, you want to ban those who threaten the President. Are you even capable of comprehending the meaning of hypocrisy?

If it was not for the double-standard of liberal freaks, they would have no standards at all.
Now just a freakin' minute, bub. When did I ever defend anyone who was threatening Bush as "free speech"? Since you seem to know I said this, find the post and repost it here. Nor have I ever said Obama was my messiah. And for God's sake, it is against the law to threaten the life of the president. The poster I referred to suggested a firing squad. The FBI should investigate that person.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:59 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,469,696 times
Quote:
Now just a freakin' minute, bub. When did I ever defend anyone who was threatening Bush as "free speech"? Since you seem to know I said this, find the post and repost it here. Nor have I ever said Obama was my messiah. And for God's sake, it is against the law to threaten the life of the president. The poster I referred to suggested a firing squad. The FBI should investigate that person.
The specific thread I was looking for was deleted. However, I did find this:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/17350756-post1551.html

Where you flippantly dismissed the death threats against Bush as: "Seriously, ALL politicians get death threats."

So instead of pretending to be offended why not simply dismiss the death threats against Obama as "Seriously, ALL politicians get death threats"?

Here is another post where you simply dismiss the death threats against Bush and advocate "IT REALLY IS TIME TO MOVE ON!"

http://www.city-data.com/forum/18041099-post50.html

You certainly have no business criticizing anyone. So follow your own partisan advice and "MOVE ON!"

Old 09-22-2012, 07:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The specific thread I was looking for was deleted. However, I did find this:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/17350756-post1551.html

Where you flippantly dismissed the death threats against Bush as: "Seriously, ALL politicians get death threats."

So instead of pretending to be offended why not simply dismiss the death threats against Obama as "Seriously, ALL politicians get death threats"?

Here is another post where you simply dismiss the death threats against Bush and advocate "IT REALLY IS TIME TO MOVE ON!"

http://www.city-data.com/forum/18041099-post50.html

You certainly have no business criticizing anyone. So follow your own partisan advice and "MOVE ON!"

I would not trust myself with a gun, knife, or fork, around our current President. I don't put myself in that situation.
If the current President comes to town, I leave town and go to the farm.

I don't wish to threaten the President, it is I just don't trust myself as a reaction to my freedom being taken, little by little and given back to me for a fee.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:07 AM

876 posts, read 709,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Is it really not enough to simply disagree politically? Do we really need to emulate lynching? This is absurd and offensive.

Empty chair 'lynchings': Anti-Obama protests gone too far? - U.S. News
I can see you thinking that it is absurd and offensive, but to think it is ALL Republicans is absurd. You act like Romney instructed the guys to do this. There are stupid Repubs, stupid Dems, and there are stupid independents. If two black men robbed you, would you think ALL black men were criminals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections