Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
did you also say the same when people were burning bush in effigee? somehow i didnt think so. so much the hypocracy of the left and the right both.
The dislike of GWB was no where near the hysteria of those who literally hate President Obama. I did not like GWB's policies and decisions but there was no way that I would have ever engaged in the type od sophmoric and down right offensive things that people in the GOP and Tea Party have done. I do not recall a single person that I know wishing death upon GWB or saying nasty things about Laura Bush or emailing offensive material. NOT ONE. Not even during Katrina. The ultra radical liberals who did silly things like burning GWB in effigy this were given a serious side-eye of ridiculousness as it would be something generally deemed as extreme and unnecessary. And again, I don't know a single person who gave GWB enough thought and energy to do so.

The fact remains that many of those who dislike President Obama's policies and decisions are all too happy to attaboy and go along with the extremists who are the ones who actually do the extremely offensive things....and therein lies the problem with perception. The GOPers and Tea Partiers who hate President Obama do so with such unabashed passion that it borders on the macabre. The hatred is literally palpable...and its frightening quite frankly because of its irrational nature.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And anyone who suggests killing the president deserves to be banned permanently!
Funny how you never made that same recommendation when Bush was getting all those death threats.

Liberal freaks have absolutely no credibility or moral authority to criticize anyone. So give your fake outrage a rest, nobody is buying your unmitigated BS.

Liberal-Progressive Hate Speech and Death Threats List (Vanity)

Old 09-20-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The dislike of GWB was no where near the hysteria of those who literally hate President Obama. I did not like GWB's policies and decisions but there was no way that I would have ever engaged in the type od sophmoric and down right offensive things that people in the GOP and Tea Party have done. I do not recall a single person that I know wishing death upon GWB or saying nasty things about Laura Bush or emailing offensive material. NOT ONE. Not even during Katrina. The ultra radical liberals who did silly things like burning GWB in effigy this were given a serious side-eye of ridiculousness as it would be something generally deemed as extreme and unnecessary. And again, I don't know a single person who gave GWB enough thought and energy to do so.

The fact remains that many of those who dislike President Obama's policies and decisions are all too happy to attaboy and go along with the extremists who are the ones who actually do the extremely offensive things....and therein lies the problem with perception. The GOPers and Tea Partiers who hate President Obama do so with such unabashed passion that it borders on the macabre. The hatred is literally palpable...and its frightening quite frankly because of its irrational nature.
We already know that is a lie, as my post above demonstrates. Drink your kool-aid and stop pretending.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
We already know that is a lie, as my post above demonstrates. Drink your kool-aid and stop pretending.
Just because you may have extremist ideas does not mean that everyone else thinks as you do. Maybe you should have a seat \_

Old 09-20-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Just because you may have extremist ideas does not mean that everyone else thinks as you do. Maybe you should have a seat \_
Extremist, me? ROFL! I am not the one making death threats toward Presidents, or condoning them. That would be the liberal freaks, who then pretend to be outraged and create hypocritical threads in City-Data.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Extremist, me? ROFL! I am not the one making death threats toward Presidents, or condoning them. That would be the liberal freaks, who then pretend to be outraged and create hypocritical threads in City-Data.
The Tea Party called to say they take ownership of the "crazy".

By the way, we all have free will. If you do not care for the topic please feel free to sit this one out.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:21 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
obama is a traitor to our country. If you don't like lynching, then lets go for a firing squad...
So you agree with the chairs, and the sentiment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
So democrats here agree that an empty chair symbolizes obama
I guess you missed the sign that said one of your favorites: Nobama.

Did one of the chairs belong to you?

Old 09-20-2012, 10:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Funny how you never made that same recommendation when Bush was getting all those death threats.

Liberal freaks have absolutely no credibility or moral authority to criticize anyone. So give your fake outrage a rest, nobody is buying your unmitigated BS.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW THAT? You're really playing with fire here, Bub.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:

The exact point i was trying to convey, i remember well the death threats to Bush, and remember people laughing their butt's off, at that time it was funny.

And it most definitely was not right to do to Bush either.

Don't think this is funny no matter who is doing it to whom. It is inmature and childish.

Does not solve any of our problems, infact only makes them worse.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:45 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,111 times
Quote:

Those images and slogans are deplorable, and while I never supported Bush, I also never engaged in that type of demonization and dehuminization. That being said, two wrongs don't make a right. Just because a few members of the left engaged in hateful and violent discourse against Bush, doesn't mean that all people on the left can't criticize such discourse being leveled against Obama. To insist that that is true is to engage in the argumentative fallacy of guilt by association.

While I deplore the examples of rhetorical violence that Glitch has offered, I find the recent images involving Obama equally as disturbing, especially given the historical valences of lynching in America. See Musarium: Without Sanctuary: Lynching Photography in America for more. White graduates of the Harvard Business School have not typically been the victims of lynching, while black Americans of all socioeconomic classes have. Again, I am not meaning to excuse any rhetorical excesses or tendencies toward violence here; I'm only saying that history matters, and it should come to bear on judgments we make. I wish both extremes would abandon these dehumanizing tactics because they both coarsen and debase our public discourse. They turn public discourse into a series of temper tantrums that are marked by the narcissism and refusal to compromise that characterize toddlers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections