Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 01:39 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,611,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Ryan's plan changes everything. He wants vouchers for seniors. I just can't imagine my 91 year old dad shopping for insurance. And guess what. My dad is a republican living in florida who won't vote for romney. He's not stupid.

Most Srs. make up a huge voting bloc in Fl. And you are correct.

Whatever happened to respecting elders? I have seen some nasty remarks from the romney people here.
I guess breeding and education has flown out the window in the last decade. Clearly since 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am sure pre baby boom families are chomping at the bit to take in and support their respective parents, the way people used to do before all these silly " entitlements". Back then the average life expectancy for a man was 58 and a woman 62 so most families did not have a bunch of old folk needing their financial support taking up space and hogging the remote, in their homes.

The first boomers turned 65 in 2011. The fun has just begun.

Assisted living and meds costs over 7k a month. ONE day in the Emergency Room costs over 5k.
The GOP wants working families to take in aging parents and be denied medical care.

Anyone who has visited the current state of nursing homes will realize the exorbitant costs, and no, people cannot afford to pay cash for all this, or get 'vouchers'.
The GOP is promoting death panels, in reality.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:57 PM

8,636 posts, read 9,149,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Assisted living and meds costs over 7k a month. ONE day in the Emergency Room costs over 5k.
The GOP wants working families to take in aging parents and be denied medical care.

Anyone who has visited the current state of nursing homes will realize the exorbitant costs, and no, people cannot afford to pay cash for all this, or get 'vouchers'.
The GOP is promoting death panels, in reality.
I think the plan would be is to take people's homes as payment. I believe this happens every hour of the day as we speak and has been going on for ever.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:57 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,378,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Perhaps it would be useful to look at ObamaCare first, before we get our panties in a wad over the Ryan Plan (which I think you have mischaracterized totally)
I don't see where I mischaracterized the Romney/Ryan plan. Do they or don't thay want to replace Medicare coverage with vouchers to be used in the open market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
ObamaCare is designed to run not only private insurance companies, but also doctors and hospitals out of business.
Right, Obama wants to put doctors and hospitals out of business. Sure. This eliminates any credibility you might have gained with a lengthy post.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I think the plan would be is to take people's homes as payment. I believe this happens every hour of the day as we speak and has been going on for ever.

Yep.

Paul Ryan wants to dismantle what little is left of the middle class

Paul Ryan SUCKS - YouTube

Old 10-11-2012, 04:03 PM

My grandfather had a nice pension and property. When he had to go to a nursing home bcs of needing 24/7 nursing care, they wanted me to SIGN OVER ALL HIS MAIL.

LOL. I was Executor of his estate and had power of attorney. DO NOT EVER SIGN OVER assets or mail to a medical facility. Read www.expertlaw.com

Ryan advocates raping and pillaging of your familys estate. get a living will and call an estate attorney, before the GOP gets their agenda in play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections