Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 05:57 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Romneys to Release Taxes | The Weekly Standard

Obama and especially Biden are cheapskates compared to Romney.
(1) Regarding your thread title .... Romney ISN'T President

(2) How much did Romney contribute to charity during years when he WASN'T running for office?

Donating 4 million while running for office just makes him appear to be generous in hopes of getting more people to vote for him.

The real question is ... what were his PREVIOUS year contributions?

Perhaps THAT is one of the main reasons that he is refusing to release more than the most recent TWO years of tax returns????

Once people realize that Romney does things like contribute high amounts to charity only when running for office, switched his positions in 2005 from pro-choice to pro-life, and belief in global warming to not believe in global warming, during the same year (2005) he decided to run for President, then maybe they will realize what a FAKE he is.

Last edited by RD5050; 09-23-2012 at 06:20 AM..

Old 09-23-2012, 03:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

No, let me put it to you this way - you're lying. ALL Mormons don't go to France to do missionary work. In fact, I've known Mormons who have never even left this country. Why are you lying?
Seriously? You know darn well that's not what I said. ALL MORMON MALES have to go on a mission. I didn't imply they all go to France!!! Wow, talk about stretching what someone says into a fairy tale.

Missionaries generally begin serving when they are from 19 to 21 years old. Many retired seniors, men, women, and married couples also serve missions. Missionaries serve from 18 months to 2 years. Must ALL Mormans go on a mission? No, boys are commanded to serve a mission if they are worthy and able between the ages of 19-26. Girls are allowed to serve missions after the age of 21 if they so desire to, but are not commanded.

Most males choose to.

So who's the liar?

Old 09-23-2012, 03:35 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Palin's foreign policy experience came up when she gave her first major interview, on Sept. 11 to ABC News. Asked what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia, she said: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Old news, but same difference. Don't you ever get tired of defending bufoons?
It's funny how this example is re-used so many times by people who want to show her as being a bafoon. The problem is that what she said is literally correct. You can see Russia from the Diomedes. I'd also respectfully agree that the 2.4 miles between the Diomedes (50 miles mainland) which separates Alaska and Russia qualifies them as being neighbors. France and the UK are considered neighbors, and they are separated by 22 miles.

I'd also put forth, on a clear day, you most probably can see Russia from mainland Alaska. EXP: You can see Point Dume from Palos Verdes on a clear day, and that is roughly the same distance over water and through LA smog.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:56 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Romney is a member in good standing of the LDS Church, the MORMONS. He HAS to give the church 10% of his gross, no ifs, ands, or buts. Period.

IF he didn't give the Church 10% of his gross, then he'll be in big trouble with the church and he will have to settle it, namely pay up.

What Romney wants to keep under wraps is how much he gave the Church. Makes me wonder why.
Does he have to be part of the Church? If not then he does not have to give 10%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections