Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 07:53 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The GOP can either keep the anti-immigrant rhetoric so as to scare low information whites into voting for them or they can drop it to gain hispanic voters. It's a catch 22. They lose white votes to gain hispanic votes. Or they go with the status quo. You don't realize how many white votes the lose with the genuinely stop the rhetoric designed to demonize minorities.
Lots of whites and Hispanics are intermarried in Texas and Hispanic culture and history play a big part in Texas and Texan culture. Lots of people here don't have a problem with legal immigration; just illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 07:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Lots of whites and Hispanics are intermarried in Texas and Hispanic culture and history play a big part in Texas and Texan culture. Lots of people here don't have a problem with legal immigration; just illegal.
Didn't you get the memo? If you're against illegal immigration, you're against all immigration. There is no difference at all. You're also an anti-Hispanic racist bigot.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:58 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Didn't you get the memo? If you're against illegal immigration, you're against all immigration. There is no difference at all. You're also an anti-Hispanic racist bigot.
I don't claim that.

The real evidence of how bigoted and racist the GOP in Texas is by it's illegal attempt to limit the voting rights of Texas minorities by increasing voter ID requirements.

Claiming, virtually non existent voter fraud, to keep thousands from voting as an excuse.

That's why the Judges shut your racist scheme down when it went to court.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...430_story.html

Then you come on here bragging that Hispanics will want to vote for your ilk.......LOL

Old 09-22-2012, 08:19 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

Romney won about 70% of the GOP primary vote in TX. And turnout was quite high.

You are hilarious. Truly hilarious.

BTW - 401K's are just about all that's improved dramatically and that's been mainly because of unprecedented easing by the Fed.
I apologize, I was speaking about the southern vote in general.

Typical of the GOP to discredit the Nation's progress to further an agenda.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:36 PM

96 posts, read 86,087 times
Quote:
LOL California blow Texas away in income, percentage of those with medical insurance, teenage pregnancy rates.

I'm sure you are real proud of all the minimum wage/no benefit jobs Texas has available.

Go flip burgers in Texas if you wish...LOL
I dont see people flocking to California from all over the country for jobs.

Texas happens to be a major tech center, as well as energy, service and corporate.

Texas was doing just fine last I checked, while California's economy is in the toilet and the state is about to go bankrupt.

They must be doing something right.

Nice try though.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I don't claim that.

The real evidence of how bigoted and racist the GOP in Texas is by it's illegal attempt to limit the voting rights of Texas minorities by increasing voter ID requirements.

Claiming, virtually non existent voter fraud, to keep thousands from voting as an excuse.

That's why the Judges shut your racist scheme down when it went to court.

Texas voter-ID law is blocked - The Washington Post

Then you come on here bragging that Hispanics will want to vote for your ilk.......LOL
Who's bragging? The Hispanics in my family vote republican and so do a number of my Hispanic neighbors and coworkers.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:54 PM

Voter fraud...why would anyone be ok with even just a little bit? If you were running for some kind of elected position and your opponent got a lot more votes than you and maybe up to 25% or more were fraudulent that would be ok? If you would have won because the fraudulent votes were illegal, that would make you sad? One fraudulent vote is one too many in my book.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:19 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Voter fraud...why would anyone be ok with even just a little bit? If you were running for some kind of elected position and your opponent got a lot more votes than you and maybe up to 25% or more were fraudulent that would be ok? If you would have won because the fraudulent votes were illegal, that would make you sad? One fraudulent vote is one too many in my book.
You're ignorant of the issue.

Only in your head could there be 25% fraudulent votes. Voter fraud in Texas for all purposes does not exist. It's in your mind.

No wonder you vote Republican.

Read the Judges ruling why the ruled against Texas if it's not too hard for you.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:40 AM

441 posts, read 501,350 times
Quote:
You're ignorant of the issue.

Only in your head could there be 25% fraudulent votes. Voter fraud in Texas for all purposes does not exist. It's in your mind.

No wonder you vote Republican.

Read the Judges ruling why the ruled against Texas if it's not too hard for you.
Love roses' professor told her Obama was a Commie. I asked her what college she went to. Still waiting for an answer.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:06 AM

933 posts, read 1,533,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Texas is more of a libertarian state than either conservative or liberal. Also, Its not that they want big gov, or small government, they want government for the most part to live them alone.
Not true. They're only really libertarian on business issues, taxes and guns. When it comes to a social agenda, they want the government very much involved in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections