Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:27 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,077 times

Advertisements

I am going to do early voting for Obama, but i am really going to be praying for the Romneys. See all the money in the world doesnt bring you success and happiness. We are witnessing that today with the Romney house hold. One minute you think you are on top of the world and then next minute you have your own party telling you Elmer Fudge can do better than you (i heard Rush Limbaugh saying that) He has NO chemistry with his running mate, its obvious, so all he has is money which isnt working for him especially now, and a wife who loves him very much, but is telling in code to the world Please dont vote for my husband into office. He cant handle it and she doesnt want to witness him crack anymore than he already has. Not only that she has MS and stress excerbates MS. This is too much for both of them, Mitt should exit stage left gracefully....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 08:30 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I didnt know this was posted already, I put a post on this also, but i feel that she must have seen his emotional breakdowns to make a statement like that publicly. We only see what he wants us to see but i dont think he can handle the pressure and his family is witnessing it. I am voting for Obama, but I feel sorry for him. I wouldnt be surprised if he is on anti anxiety or anti depressants. Something about him seems off to me mentally even before Ann's comments confirming it.
Interesting point about the possibility of anti-anxiety meds. Seems to me that could certainly be part of the reason for his awkward, out-of-sync little statements and changes of subject, and other weird things he's said and done. I, too, am thinking he must be having major meltdowns when he is alone with her. IMO, he seems a little too frantic sometimes as well.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
It's not good that's for sure, but It could be that she's not all there herself...

Either way Im sure the Chicago Mob Machine we have ruining this country are gonna have a field day here...
Honestly I dont think the any left wingers will use this because its just too sad. I think the President is too classy to use this, he will go after Mitt for other things, but I think he is too classy enough to use Mitt's wife calling him crazy. He will let the voters use their own substantive decision making. Now if this was a democrats wife saying this...OMG this would be on the news cycle even After election day...I really feel for him. But he is a big boy, he eventually get used to losing, er, he already has..Just remembered he has been running i think since 2004. I wouldnt be shocked if he dropped out or had a mental break down during a debate. I PRAY that doesnt happen, but he is used to being in the drivers seat and clearly he is not.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:35 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
IMO, CEOs in this country are the closest thing we have to dictators. And that's what Romney's experience is, a CEO. I think he is very comfortable with and accustomed to giving orders and people jumping. I think this campaign is "undoing" him because he can't get away with just giving the orders. People don't just "jump" when he says to do so. It must be hard for him to have to answer questions and answer for how he's running the campaign. I would think for his entire adult life he has been "the boss" and now he's not "the boss" in this campaign game. His "CEO style" just makes me more convinced that he is ALL WRONG for the Presidency.
He definitely seems completely out of his element.

I think you raise some interesting points with regard to his discomfort at having to actually "ANSWER TO people" rather than telling them what to do.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:39 PM

37,220 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
He definitely seems completely out of his element.

I think you raise some interesting points with regard to his discomfort at having to actually "ANSWER TO people" rather than telling them what to do.
Someone should have explained to him early on that the job of president is that of a public servant, not an absolute ruler.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Interesting point about the possibility of anti-anxiety meds. Seems to me that could certainly be part of the reason for his awkward, out-of-sync little statements and changes of subject, and other weird things he's said and done. I, too, am thinking he must be having major meltdowns when he is alone with her. IMO, he seems a little too frantic sometimes as well.
You know i think that is probably why his camp is saying they dont look at polls because they must see that it is breaking him down to see him losing.

Most powerplay positioned people like to play the part that they are on top of things and they have the answer to all.

Even when when things are going down hill they want to play that upbeat attitude and play like they are in charge, even though they are breaking down inside. I see that in him.

I believe his handlers are refusing to discuss polling numbers because that maybe one of his weakness...you must listen and watch with a third eye.

I have an uncle who is the powerful wealthy one and he is like a Mitt, used to being in the drivers seat, very elitist, and because they are used to being on top feel that they dont need to answer to anyone.

I think behind the scenes mitt has started to give way and listen to his handlers and releasing info he normally wouldn't, and not being his authentic self and now he is sinking.

But that video released is the real Mitt... You can only "play the part" and become what others want you to be before you unravel. I think what is sad is Mitt can't be Mitt, because no one accepts the true Mitt. After his loss either he or she will get sick, because this is too stressful for them. Mark my word.

I dont want to see anyone get sick, but I have seen what unresolved stress can do to someone. You can't bottle up your emotions and running for office he cant truly express them either. Some people are meant to be President, Mitt Romney is NOT one of those people.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Someone should have explained to him early on that the job of president is that of a public servant, not an absolute ruler.
I agree 100% you are spot on!!!

Old 09-28-2012, 09:08 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,224,583 times
Can't really blame her, running for president has to be incredibly stressful and exhausting, both of which can cause other serious medical conditions.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
You know i think that is probably why his camp is saying they dont look at polls because they must see that it is breaking him down to see him losing.

Most powerplay positioned people like to play the part that they are on top of things and they have the answer to all.

Even when when things are going down hill they want to play that upbeat attitude and play like they are in charge, even though they are breaking down inside. I see that in him.

I believe his handlers are refusing to discuss polling numbers because that maybe one of his weakness...you must listen and watch with a third eye.

I have an uncle who is the powerful wealthy one and he is like a Mitt, used to being in the drivers seat, very elitist, and because they are used to being on top feel that they dont need to answer to anyone.

I think behind the scenes mitt has started to give way and listen to his handlers and releasing info he normally wouldn't, and not being his authentic self and now he is sinking.

But that video released is the real Mitt... You can only "play the part" and become what others want you to be before you unravel. I think what is sad is Mitt can't be Mitt, because no one accepts the true Mitt. After his loss either he or she will get sick, because this is too stressful for them. Mark my word.

I dont want to see anyone get sick, but I have seen what unresolved stress can do to someone. You can't bottle up your emotions and running for office he cant truly express them either. Some people are meant to be President, Mitt Romney is NOT one of those people.
Yes, watching him he does look like he's coming unhinged a bit. I think Ryan is stabbing him in the back a lot too. I do admit though that it's hard for me to feel a lot of sadness for him, but I do hope that he and his wife survive this thing without breaking down or getting sick after it's all over. I do think this campaign is looking like the most devastating experience of his life. Seems to me that those kinds of experiences tend to be very life-changing ultimately.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Yes, watching him he does look like he's coming unhinged a bit. I think Ryan is stabbing him in the back a lot too. I do admit though that it's hard for me to feel a lot of sadness for him, but I do hope that he and his wife survive this thing without breaking down or getting sick after it's all over. I do think this campaign is looking like the most devastating experience of his life. Seems to me that those kinds of experiences tend to be very life-changing ultimately.
This looks worse than the McCain/Palin campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections