Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:05 AM

50,334 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

You wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 06:09 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Here's a thought. Obama prepared for the right-wing Romney, the Wall Street Romney, the Romney for the 1%. Instead he got the new "liberal", caring Romney, who reinvented himself yet again - just in time for the debate. Could be his advisers (Rove, Ailes, Limbaugh?) are telling him that Americans are dumb and lazy with short attention spans, and have no interest in his actual record on governing or campaigning.
He may be a moderate at heart, but he must now please his superiors. He is surrounding himself with former Bush advisers. Tells me that he's focusing on the 2004-2008 republican "golden years".

False ads - something republicans would never do.

* Helping Americans?? Which Americans? Okay, many of the 1% are Americans. You are right about that.
* Defend his record? Something Romney has escaped so far.

* Romney truly understands how to make money by "harvesting" companies. And he is "passionate" about ignoring the "slacker" 47% of Americans. He is "passionate" about helping himself and his Wall Street base.
* Winning the debate was by bullying, dodging the questions put to him, and denying his past record. He reset the etch-a-sketch purposely for the debate it seems.
* Obama's record of slowly cleaning up the Bush mess, over the attempted sabotage by Congress, is impressive indeed.

obama has run out of excuses and time. he can executive order just about anything he wants, and he certainly did with illegal immigration-so the blame game is no longer working for him.

obama can't really go to the wall street mat because obama's own investments are "outsourced", he took "bain capital" money, and he voted for sending money to foreign banks and foreign countries (via the bailouts and the stimulus). bill clinton, who is supposed to be "saving" obama, said that romney had a stellar business career in one of his offhand moments.

it's pretty hard to try and separate yourself from the "elites" when you are one of them.

i also get a kick out of hillary and elizabeth warren trying the same stuff.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:14 AM

305 posts, read 553,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post

Personally, I think President Obama won last night's debate. He was a victim of a poor moderator and a candidate that picked up on that right away. .

Old 10-06-2012, 07:51 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Hello, I have not posted here for a long time. I think last's nights debate was a good time for me to return to this site. I left after changing parties sometime ago from Republican to Democrat. I have already apologized before for some very mean-spirited things I have posted in the past, and so that is not something I feel like I need to revisit.

Personally, I think President Obama won last night's debate. He was a victim of a poor moderator and a candidate that picked up on that right away. Once Romney knew he could basically get away with anything he wanted, he let loose in a way that should be an embarassment to every American.

President Obama is going to win this election in a landslide, so spare me any of the nonsense that Romney accomplished anything last night. Romney basically kicked a man while he was down. He's not going to get a chance to do that again. Our President knows what kind of a dirty player he is up against now, and it will show in the flash polls next time. My prediction? President Obama 70%, Governor Mormon 30%.

Enjoy the fake win because it's the only one you are going to get. Thank you for waking a sleeping GIANT in our President. Now the gloves are off. Romney has no plan. President Obama will make that clear next time. Winning the first debate means nothing. Winning the MOST DEBATES means everything. There isn't enough magic underwear in the world to stop President Obama from winning the rest of the debates. Next week nationally, Obama 65, Mittens 35.

He won the debate just as Custer won the Little Big Horn. It was a "moral victory" for Obama, as he did not run off the stage and shout ,"racist"! at Romney. It is all that anyone could hope for.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:57 AM

993 posts, read 831,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I felt Obama won the debate but only because I actually knew the facts. Had Romney not been talking out of his a$$ I would agree that he won as well. To the average idiot in this country Romney looked great but the string of BS he laid out will haunt him for the rest of this election IMO.

In the end it doesn't really matter anyways as the president has no chance at losing this election no matter how bad his debate performances are and it will be 4 more years of the same gridlock.
Let me guess. The source of your "facts" came from the liberal media and from the likes of Stephanie Cutter and Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
He won the debate just as Custer won the Little Big Horn. It was a "moral victory" for Obama, as he did not run off the stage and shout ,"racist"! at Romney. It is all that anyone could hope for.
Romney's "victory" was a result of bullying, lying, and calling out loudly to the base. Perhaps he was coached by Fox professional propagandists telling him that truth doesn't matter to Americans.
Right-wing dog whistles like standing up to the hated PBS, shifting his concerns from the upper to the middle class (temporarily), speaking for the moment and denying his record of past statements.
Remember his statement about "quiet rooms" - well he was in such a quiet room, among friends, when he made the infamous statement about the 47% (probably his true feelings).

He was once again the chameleon - the vacuum salesman. It is impossible to debate a liar, dodger, and shape-shifter - remember the format didn't allow them to question each other directly and discuss, between themselves, a single point. This could have exposed Romney lies and deceptions, such as the denial of tax breaks for outsourcing, Obama cutting $716 billion out of medicare, not reducing taxes on the wealthy, a "crackdown" on China while he loves its cheap labor - among others.
This explains the tactic (check the end).
Soledad O’Brien Grills Romney Supporter: So, Is Romney ‘Lying’? | Mediaite
http://www.loscerritosnews.net/2012/...in-38-minutes/

Romney "won" by deceptively adopting a temporary centrist position which he and his base do not embrace. He "won" on style over substance, lying, about-faces - and desperate republicans are good with it. This is today's Republican Party. The question is, will American voters be duped into installing a republican corporate oligarchy and going back to 2008 - the "golden years" of Bush?

Last edited by detwahDJ; 10-06-2012 at 12:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections