Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 05:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
You are certainly quick on your feet, you made up that story very fast..! You are definitely a democrat, they just flow off your tongue...
You are welcome to ask my future wife if that story is true, personally I could care less if you do or not cause I had no plans of inviting you to the wedding.

This thread has been funny, so many pages about nothing, it is like reading a Seinfeld episode. It also proves that gullible people will believe anything they read on the internet.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:37 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If you support Mitt, then right back atcha.
where is the lie

Old 10-05-2012, 05:50 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Who cares? Does Mitt run around and lie by saying its February?
but he has two, which one do they celebrate or do they celebrate both?

Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
BAD MATH makes for a bad economy. I just don't think that being accurate or exercising due diligence is import to him- after all he is a very casual guy.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
While I am not going to say I know what date he got married, using wikipedia is not the best response. Since Wikipedia is written by anyone who wants to write or change data.
Barack and Michelle Obama Marriage Profile

When did First Lady Michelle LaVaughn Obama marry Barack Obama?

Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times

Couldn't rep you again yet but thanks for posting THE FACTS.

Of course, there are a whole bunch of dingbats posting on this thread (and you know who you are!) who still won't believe THE FACTS.

For them, if it doesn't come from Beck, Breitbardt, or Drudge, it's not true.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
OK look. I posted the link to the googlebooks version of the book "Dreams of my Father." You can search the book ONLINE and you will not find any reference to the wedding. None nada zilch. You can also SEE page 401 for yourself and verify that the text has nothing - but absolutely NOTHING to do with Obama's life in the US, let alone his marriage to Michelle.

I posted the link to the wiki article about the book for those who are too intellectually lazy to do their own fact checking. Honestly if you won't do one nor the other then there is no help for you. I am not a fan of wiki myself but something like a book blurb they can get right.

And as to your mysterious "they" on wikipedia, surely you are aware that any fool with an internet connection can manpiulate the wikipedia articles. No doubt the RWNJs are all typing fiercely into that wikipedia article trying to claim that the Obama wedding date is in dispute. And you believe it!

As to the moron I am talking about, I mean "newbie431513" who is evidently the source of this stupidity.
Where did Michelle and Barack Obama meet and where did they get married?
Check the link. The moron claims that the wedding datge was Oct 18 1992 and quotes p. 401 of Dreams of my Father. Yet if you take the trouble to look for yourself, you see that there is nothing of the kind on page 401 of that book. And still the sheeples insist that this newbie431513 is a reputable source.
I think it went over her head.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:29 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Scrubbing. Obama's clean up detail is keyboarding at a furious rate.
Please explain to me why Michelle and Barack celebrated their 19th wedding anniversary on Oct 3rd LAST YEAR?

Obamas celebrate 19th wedding anniversary

Quote:
We'd like to wish President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama a happy 19th wedding anniversary today.The couple had an early celebration Saturday night at Restaurant Eve in Alexandria, Va.
When Barack Obama and Michelle Robinson wed on Oct. 3, 1992, the 31-year-old future president worked as a lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School, and had worked on a voter registration drive throughout that election year.
Looks like you Romney supporters are having issues with extremely simple logic!

Old 10-05-2012, 06:35 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The question remains, why 2 dates?
To keep C-D in thread material, silly.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:37 PM

993 posts, read 832,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
OK look. I posted the link to the googlebooks version of the book "Dreams of my Father." You can search the book ONLINE and you will not find any reference to the wedding. None nada zilch. You can also SEE page 401 for yourself and verify that the text has nothing - but absolutely NOTHING to do with Obama's life in the US, let alone his marriage to Michelle.

I posted the link to the wiki article about the book for those who are too intellectually lazy to do their own fact checking. Honestly if you won't do one nor the other then there is no help for you. I am not a fan of wiki myself but something like a book blurb they can get right.

And as to your mysterious "they" on wikipedia, surely you are aware that any fool with an internet connection can manpiulate the wikipedia articles. No doubt the RWNJs are all typing fiercely into that wikipedia article trying to claim that the Obama wedding date is in dispute. And you believe it!

As to the moron I am talking about, I mean "newbie431513" who is evidently the source of this stupidity.
Where did Michelle and Barack Obama meet and where did they get married?
Check the link. The moron claims that the wedding datge was Oct 18 1992 and quotes p. 401 of Dreams of my Father. Yet if you take the trouble to look for yourself, you see that there is nothing of the kind on page 401 of that book. And still the sheeples insist that this newbie431513 is a reputable source.
Of course I know anyone can contribute to wikipedia. I have done so myself. "They" are the people who decide if what you request that they add actual gets added. The internet has multiple sources stating Oct. 18 whether the book does or not. I don't care in the least what the date is. I do care if he was lying. He lies so much that I assume Oct. 18 was correct since it was documented in various sources. Therefore, I have to wonder WHY he would do that and the only thing I can come up with is that he wants to stir up debate like this to distract from his failed policies, and to see exactly how far he can go while the media lets him slide. He probably didn't lie this time because it would be pretty stupid, but it's not that far fetched when you look at his sketchy past.

Last edited by Gal from the South; 10-05-2012 at 06:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections