Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
But, but.... OMG, better send a team of crack investigators to clear this up. Then there's this, Obama's book may have lied

Michelle and Barack's Wedding Day (1992) - Snakkle
Well, you can't expect Bill Ayers to remember EVERY date in Obama's life, when he wrote the book.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:46 PM

993 posts, read 832,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
He said at the beginning of his debate that is the NIGHT he asked his wife to marry him!!! That is the day he proposed to her, she made him the luckiest man on earth by saying yes and they became engaged that day
No he didn't. He said 20 years ago she "agreed to marry" him and that could mean either the engagement or the wedding day. But he also wished her a happy anniversary, which would seem very odd to make a big deal over that when their real anniversary is only 15 days away. Who says "Happy Anniversary" in front of a huge crowd for the date they got engaged? Also, I find it hard to believe they planned a church wedding in 15 days. Again, I don't care WHEN, but I care that he lies all the time.

Besides, if what you say is true, why do some websites show Oct. 18 and some wiki crapola websites are showing October 3?

Presidential Debate 2012: Barack Obama, Mitt Romney Talk Wedding Anniversary - YouTube

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The question remains, why 2 dates?
Well, since they haven't shown us proof of the actual date, we have to assume something's fishy. Just using the "Romney hasn't released his taxes, so he must be a felon" excuse.

1,391 posts, read 2,647,061 times
It's possible (and probable) that he momentarily forgot the date of his wedding anniversary. Be honest guys, how many men actually forget important dates from time to time? It's more common than most want to admit. Michelle probably made Barry sleep on the couch that night.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:48 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,483 times
Who cares? 10 pages wasted on nothing.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The irony is, the media don't call out Obama's lies, why is that!
See highlighted in red below.

Differences between Capitalism and Communism

Capitalism and communism have the following opposing sets of ideas:

The ideology of capitalism - Sounds like Governor Romney
  • People need freedom
  • When people compete against one another, they achieve greater things
  • Some people have more than others because they make better use of their abilities
  • Governments should not interfere with the rights of individuals to make their own living
  • The government should interfere in the economy as little as possible
The ideology of communism - Sounds like Barack Obama
  • People need one another - "Everyone needs to do their part."
  • When people work together as equals, they achieve greater things - "You didn't build that!"
  • No one should have more than anyone else - everybody's needs are equally important - "Everyone deserves a fair shot." "Spread the wealth around."
  • Governments should make sure that everyone's needs are being met - Foodstamps rise dramatically - Disability being approved easily - Pandering to each group according to their needs
  • There is central control of the economy - GM, Stimulus, "Picking Winners and Losers," More happening every day
Capitalism - Sounds like Governor Romney
  • System of government is democratic
  • Property is privately owned
  • Driven by free enterprise
  • Wealth distributed unevenly
  • Education and health care provided by private entities
  • Freedom of the press
  • Class distinctions: upper class, middle class and working class
  • Focus is on the individual and his/her own progress in life
Communism - Some of this sounds like Barack Obama - Some of it doesn't...yet!
  • Wealth distributed equally - "Spread the wealth around"
  • Education and health care provided by the state - "Obamacare"
  • Press controlled and owned by the state - No need to explain that one.
  • Classless society: all members of society are considered to be equal - "A 'strong' middle class"
  • Focus is on the progress of the community as a whole - "You didn't build that!"
  • System of government is totalitarian - Too many executive orders bypassing Congress, the ones we elected to represent us
  • Property is owned by the state - .....Not yet
  • No free enterprise is allowed - .....Not Yet
Please wake up, people!!!

Differences between Capitalism & Communism and why did it start in Russia? | South African History Online

Last edited by Gal from the South; 10-05-2012 at 04:12 PM..

Old 10-05-2012, 04:01 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,746,277 times
Just another error made. It is a pattern.... Breitbart Publishes Old Obama Description as ‘Born in Kenya’| Breitbart | TheBlaze.com

Yes, I know, the literary agent said it was an error.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:03 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
That is weird that Obama's autobiography has the wrong date.

Perhaps did a different author ghost write the book and Obama didn't proof read the whole book?
The book "Dreams of my Father" does not have the "wrong date." It does not have ANY DATE. It does not mention or refer to him getting married AT ALL. For crying out loud doesn't anyone know how to fact check?

"The autobiographical narrative tells the story of the life of Obama up to his enrollment in Harvard Law School."
Dreams from My Father - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obama started at Harvard in 1988. He married Michelle in 1992. So this stage of his life is NOT EVEN IN THE BOOK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
I was about to bring that up, and guess what? It was changed since the debate.

The thing about this issue is, nobody cares what date the wedding was. We care the BHO is an out and out liar. Personally, my theory is that he did that on purpose to either try to stir up debate to make people look silly knowing that his hypnotized followers wouldn't even care, or he is trying to see exactly how much he can get away with. I tend to lean towards the second one. He has lied so much and for so many years with the media letting him get away with it, that I think he continues to test the waters to plan his timing for more aggressive moves to "fundamentally change America."
What do you mean "he did that on purpose?" Did what on purpose? Mention his 20th wedding anniversary? Do you really think that anyone is going to fall for your claim that he is a liar based on some morons posting incorrect information on the internet and then RWNJs demanding to know why his information doesn't match the baloney?

Old 10-05-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
The book "Dreams of my Father" does not have the "wrong date." It does not have ANY DATE. It does not mention or refer to him getting married AT ALL. For crying out loud doesn't anyone know how to fact check?

"The autobiographical narrative tells the story of the life of Obama up to his enrollment in Harvard Law School."
Dreams from My Father - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obama started at Harvard in 1988. He married Michelle in 1992. So this stage of his life is NOT EVEN IN THE BOOK.

What do you mean "he did that on purpose?" Did what on purpose? Mention his 20th wedding anniversary? Do you really think that anyone is going to fall for your claim that he is a liar based on some morons posting incorrect information on the internet and then RWNJs demanding to know why his information doesn't match the baloney?
Wikipedia should never be considered a fact check. Just one more source to check against many. I found out after the Libya crisis on 9/11/12 that they are the liberal crowd. Not ONE SINGLE one of these words were in the article: The president, the white house, the administration, the press secretary, or Obama. It said, "According to MEDIA reports, blah, blah, bs.....the video." I haven't checked it lately and I don't care. They are BSers and can put whatever they want. When I saw that wikipedia only said Oct. 1992 I had to laugh. There is NO DOUBT they removed whatever date they had before. They are always more specific than that. You should go submit and tell them to add "October 3, " and see what they do. It will be interesting. I think it used to say the 18th and they don't know what to do because the 3rd would conflict with a lot of other info on the internet, but the 18th would not agree with Obama.

I don't know what moron you're talking about because the 18th is ALL over the internet. Yes, I believe he is manipulative enough to lie and see how far he can take it. I could list many other lies he has gotten away with, but you probably wouldn't believe them anyway.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:27 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Wikipedia should never be considered a fact check. Just one more source to check against many. I found out afte the Libya crisis on 9/11/12 that they are the liberal crowd. Not ONE SINGLE one of the words in the article: The president, the white house, the administration, the press secretary, or Obama. It said, "According to MEDIA reports, blah, blah, bs.....the video." I haven't checked it lately and I don't care. They are BSers and can put whatever they want. When I saw that wikipedia only said Oct. 1992 I had to laugh. There is NO DOUBT they removed whatever date they had before. They are always more specific than that. You should go submit and tell them to add "October 3, " and see what they do. It will be interesting. I'm pretty sure it used to say the 18th.
OK look. I posted the link to the googlebooks version of the book "Dreams of my Father." You can search the book ONLINE and you will not find any reference to the wedding. None nada zilch. You can also SEE page 401 for yourself and verify that the text has nothing - but absolutely NOTHING to do with Obama's life in the US, let alone his marriage to Michelle.

I posted the link to the wiki article about the book for those who are too intellectually lazy to do their own fact checking. Honestly if you won't do one nor the other then there is no help for you. I am not a fan of wiki myself but something like a book blurb they can get right.

And as to your mysterious "they" on wikipedia, surely you are aware that any fool with an internet connection can manpiulate the wikipedia articles. No doubt the RWNJs are all typing fiercely into that wikipedia article trying to claim that the Obama wedding date is in dispute. And you believe it!

As to the moron I am talking about, I mean "newbie431513" who is evidently the source of this stupidity.
http://askville.amazon.com/Michelle-...estId=10493000
Check the link. The moron claims that the wedding datge was Oct 18 1992 and quotes p. 401 of Dreams of my Father. Yet if you take the trouble to look for yourself, you see that there is nothing of the kind on page 401 of that book. And still the sheeples insist that this newbie431513 is a reputable source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections