Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:09 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times

Advertisements

Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 - Marine Corps News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Marine Corps Times

No wonder Obama doesn't fight for them to get their votes counted. Says alot about what they think of their Commander in chief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 12:22 PM

Heard his speech was well received as well today. Looks like our troops want a new CiC. I say, we ablige them and boot this loser from office

Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
No wonder the Obama administration appears to be trying to suppress the military vote (I'm not saying they necessarily are, I'm saying it looks like they are).

Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,755 times
Hey, an invasion of Iran is gonna take a lot of feet on the ground. I guess people are just voting for job security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No wonder the Obama administration appears to be trying to suppress the military vote (I'm not saying they necessarily are, I'm saying it looks like they are).
Then what exactly are you saying, if you're not saying it, but in fact you did?

Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Hey, an invasion of Iran is gonna take a lot of feet on the ground. I guess people are just voting for job security.

No one is going to invade Iran, goof. It looks like our troops want a commander in chief who respects them and that they respect.
I was reading something from a wide of an injured victim of the Fort Hood shooting. She was unpleased how Obama responded to that incident. Just one of many

Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Obama has said that he would go to war with Iran if necessary as well. Romney, like Obama, has said that it should be done only if other means of trying to stop them from obtaining nuclear weapons do not work.

Quote:
I'm saying I don't know if they are, but it appears that they are. I simply don't have proof that it's an intentional attempt at voter suppression.

Military Vote Missing This Election

Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 AM

I hope someone is looking into why there are problems getting troops info needed to vote. Apparently, voter id laws are racist, but voter suppression in reality is okay with liberals....since its clear that they prefer a new Commander in Chief.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,674 times
Probably the reason he wants to disenfrachise them.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:01 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,647 times
It seriously is laughable that troops would be supporting Republicans when they do so little to help vets that return from war to treat and heal them and to integrate them back into society. GOP have no problems sending them of to wars though.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I hope someone is looking into why there are problems getting troops info needed to vote. Apparently, voter id laws are racist, but voter suppression in reality is okay with liberals....since its clear that they prefer a new Commander in Chief.
What voter suppression is clear? The link says that military members and spouses aren't requesting absentee ballots this cycle. Not that they aren't being delivered, or not being counted. That's not suppression, it's the military not liking either choice and exercising their right to not vote. They never cared for Obama, or Democrats in general for that matter, but they also apparently can't stomach voting for Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections