Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 12:06 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr5667 View Post
By your logic, black men are even more racist than white men, considering how overwhelmingly they are voting for Obama.

However, I suspect you're just trolling, and I suspect you'll be highly successful.
This is a fail. We voted for Clinton,Gore and Kerry. All white males.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:07 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Some people say that the 2 parties need to work together, but when they do we get Patriot Act renewals; bailouts for big business;Citizen United still being in full effect; NDAA and the continuation of the eternal holy crusade.

We need more cats like Ron Paul & Denny to rein this duopoly in.

Good luck.
Very good article on this written yesterday

The US presidential debates' illusion of political choice | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | The Guardian

Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Mitt Romney is a minority - he is a Mormon.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:13 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times
I wonder how funny it would be if one of the swing states went to a third party. It would be amazing at the collective sh*t that would be lost if this occurred.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:14 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,047,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I like Glenn, he does not pull his punches for anybody.

Let me know if you like Ms. Goodman.

"As President Obama and Mitt Romney squared off for the first time on Wednesday night, Democracy Now! broke the sound barrier by pausing Obama and Romney’s answers to get real-time responses from candidates Jill Stein of the Green Party and Rocky Anderson of the Justice Party. Stein and Anderson joined Democracy Now! for a live special just miles away from the Obama-Romney contest at the University of Denver. Many Obama supporters have expressed surprise that Romney was able to put the president on the defensive, while Obama failed to mention several of Romney’s potential weak spots, including including his record at the private equity firm Bain Capital, his vast personal wealth and offshore investments, and his recent remark that 47 percent of Americans are government dependents. Today, highlights from our "Expanding the Debate" special with the voices of all four candidates, showcasing the broadened perspectives on the critical issues beyond the Democratic-Republican political spectrum."

Old 10-10-2012, 12:15 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
For me I will wonder if people like Farrakhan are right after all. I honestly felt that America had changed until the tea party showed up and now after one debate how could mitt and his the rich first policies be accepted. Then I started reading about the white male vote and how it never goes anywhere but for other white males and I realized why romney made his come back.
So now I have to wonder how does this same attitude play out in everyday life? if these men will not support anyone but their own race then should minorities be the same way? I knew there was plenty of racism in the GOP but now I have to wonder is it just the GOP and the tea party or is it much wider and deeper than that?

That the affirmative action gravy train is over.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
It means we're in deep shyt.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:18 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I wonder how funny it would be if one of the swing states went to a third party. It would be amazing at the collective sh*t that would be lost if this occurred.

Don't count on it from my state. But if it were to happen, it could very well serve as a wake up call to the majority of these empty suits in Washington that they work for us the American people! Not themselves, nor their corporate cronies!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:20 PM

635 posts, read 539,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
This is a fail. We voted for Clinton,Gore and Kerry. All white males.
So they chose them over the black candidate?.. Who were the black candidates those years?..

Old 10-10-2012, 12:22 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,047,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
But if it were to happen, it could very well serve as a wake up call to the majority of these empty suits in Washington that they work for us the American people! Not themselves, nor their corporate cronies!
Post citizens united, its more like the multi-nationals are their pimps rather the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections