Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:18 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
What kind of a miracle did these people expect and why wasn't bush judged that same way?
I don't know; maybe they expected the oceans to stop rising.

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
It sends a message that more people voted for him than voted for Obama.

376 posts, read 652,987 times
Default Hate of to Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The presidency isn't an affirmative action project.

Okay I like your answer better than mine.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:19 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,889 times
Quote:
The presidency isn't an affirmative action project.
Example A right here.

Any dem would have won after Bush. Would you say the same if Hillary had won?

Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Example A right here.

Any dem would have won after Bush. Would you say the same if Hillary had won?
Yes, and I should have elaborated on my comment. Americans have demonstrated that they are ready and willing to vote for a black president (and perhaps a woman, though I'm not so sure, based on the attacks aimed at Hillary and Palin). However, race isn't an excuse for poor performance. Once you're in the big chair, you have the job to do and the country will hold you to it...even if you're a minority. We won't keep a poor performer as president to meet a quota.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
It sends a message that America runs off a system and breaking that system isn't allowed. Most people aren't political Davy so of Obama loses most will think racism and that's a little correct but maintaining a owner, worker class is basically what runs any successful country. It's not so much racism s it is keeping people where they belong.
This is the truth but the GOP will never admit it.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:23 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
Quote:
What message does it send to minorities if romney wins?
LOLZ, it doesn't send any "message" other than the other guy won.

Anti-Romney racists. sheesh

Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Yes, and I should have elaborated on my comment. Americans have demonstrated that they are ready and willing to vote for a black president (and perhaps a woman, though I'm not so sure, based on the attacks aimed at Hillary and Palin). However, race isn't an excuse for poor performance. Once you're in the big chair, you have the job to do and the country will hold you to it...even if you're a minority. We won't keep a poor performer as president to meet a quota.
If that were true it would be fair but he has been blocked and attack by the GOP not because something was bad but because he was black and you know it.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 AM

220 posts, read 475,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

I just hope minorities will not be as cruel to us as we've been to them.

For God sakes it's 2012 and the GOP is trying to limit their voting rights.

That's the thing with minorities. They just want a fair go at life. Nothing more than that. It's nervous white people that really ruin things. As a minority in management, I work in environments that are majority whites, the white men are always the most nervous and kiss my ass the most.

The only thing I can think of is: they think I'm going to try and "get even". It's really a scene to watch. They can't hide their feelings neither. Some of them don't even realize that they are displaying them. They lose all composure. It's quit sad to see.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,889 times
Quote:
As long as you admit that I have no issues with that but Romney isn't god and no one knows his plans, he's doing we'll because he's white and alot of white men will vote for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections