Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm black and I do not consider myself a minority. I consider myself an American. A human being that lives in the greatest country on Earth that is capable of anything. I choose to be a victor,not a victim, of my circumstances. It really doesn't matter who wins because "minorities" will still continue to have the same poor victim mentalities that they can't do anything regardless of whether a black man is the president or not. Just look at the black community. 4 years under Obama and they are still as ignorant, racist, violent, jobless, and govt dependent as ever before. What change has he made? Getting more people on welfare? People need to learn and accept the fact that minorities situation will not change unless they start taking responsibility for themselves and WANT to change. And believe me, there are more than enough resources to help anyone out in any neighborhood-USA that wants do better. The most famous and richest "minority" celebrities came from nothing to having everything. And they accomplished this more than 30+ years ago when there were even less resources than there are today. So I don't accept any excuses. You WILL find a way in this country if you truly want to be do and be better than you are right now.
Are you describing yourself here?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Ill send you packing like I did that other one. Name one black person you have ever voted for....or had in your home?
Ill wait
Answer # 1, I voted for Douglas Wilder as governor of Virginia.

Answer # 2, my next door neighbor has been over on several occasions, As I have also been in her home, on several occasions, fixing her son's computer, another time in the middle of the night, armed protecting her niece from an intruder, (Who spent MANY years in jail for his actions). Just one of MANY people who are not white that I have had over in my home.

Additionally my daughter and son in law have had any number of people, of differing races, in my home MANY times.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM

635 posts, read 539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
They won't vote for Romney because he's white. They'll vote for Romney because Romney isn't black.
Who is they?

I'd like to see the statistics on how many white males actually shifted from voting democrat to voting republican in the last few elections.

Is there even a correlation to these spurious claims?

Regardless, those white men are just behaving like blacks - so really, why are they being singled out?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qr5667 View Post
I voted for Obama. However, I voted based on politics, not on race.

You keep refusing to answer - why is it okay for blacks to vote on race (and this is well documented and openly admitted and advocated), but it isn't okay for whites to do the same? Even though I have yet to encounter a white person who has said they're voting for Romney based on race.

The most illogical thing about your whole argument is that it assumes everyone is ideologically aligned with Obama - since, in your opinion, the only people not voting for Obama are racists.

Strange, democrats lost with the last few white candidates, and finally won with the black one... Hmmmmm... Yet there is clearly a great deal of racism afoot.

My question is why you're a misogynist that didn't vote for Hillary Clinton.
nice post.

that deserves its own thread-did hillary lose to obama because male obama voters are misogynists?

or did liberals just pick the most liberal candidate they could find, with the backing of the media?

which is it?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:09 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
They won't vote for Romney because he's white. They'll vote for Romney because Romney isn't black.
Or some will vote for a change from Obama's borrow and spend. Of course that wont change but perhaps Romney will do less of it. Until both Major parties are cleaned out no change is possible. Those party hardliners who vote party line can't see past their party even for a second. The country be damned as long as their party is in power.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm black and I do not consider myself a minority. I consider myself an American. A human being that lives in the greatest country on Earth that is capable of anything. I choose to be a victor,not a victim, of my circumstances. It really doesn't matter who wins because "minorities" will still continue to have the same poor victim mentalities that they can't do anything regardless of whether a black man is the president or not. Just look at the black community. 4 years under Obama and they are still as ignorant, racist, violent, & jobless as ever before. What change has he made? Getting more people on welfare? People need to learn and accept the fact that minorities situation will not change unless they start taking responsibility for themselves and WANT to change. And believe me, there are more than enough resources to help anyone out in any neighborhood-USA that wants do better. The most famous and richest "minority" celebrities came from nothing to having everything. And they accomplished this more than 30+ years ago when there were even less resources than there are today. So I don't accept any excuses. You WILL find a way in this country if you truly want to be do and be better than you are right now. The president isn't going to help you accomplish that.
Alan Keyes is that you? So are you saying racism doesnt happen everyday in the work place? The courts?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Alan Keyes is that you? So are you saying racism doesnt happen everyday in the work place? The courts?
or on city streets where say hispanics target Blacks? Blacks target whites? Is it only whites who are guilty of racisim?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post

Answer # 2, my next door neighbor has been over on several occasions, As I have also been in her home, on several occasions, fixing her son's computer, another time in the middle of the night, armed protecting her niece from an intruder, (Who spent MANY years in jail for his actions). Just one of MANY people who are not white that I have had over in my home.

Additionally my daughter and son in law have had any number of people, of differing races, in my home MANY times.
I asked a specific poster not you

Old 10-10-2012, 02:15 PM

876 posts, read 709,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post

It doesn't matter. He will not believe you. He is stuck in his racist mind where whitey is the enemy. Very sad and I feel sorry for him.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:18 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,194 times
The message is that a minority can vote in a responsible objective manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections