Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 04:51 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I might agree with the latter, but the former is simply untrue. Biden completely reversed the administration's position - again - on what happened in Libya. This administration cannot get their facts and stories straight about how a U.S. ambassador was murdered on 9/11. That was the real 'malarkey' last night.

Biden would have done himself more favors by just letting Ryan talk and then coming back with hard 'counter punches' in a rebuttal. That is how Romney handled Obama in the first debate and it worked. The constant interruptions and weird smiling and laughing really deflated his whole performance.

I would be in the 10-20% who called this debate a 'draw' based on the polls. It will be hard to detect also if there is a 'bounce' from this debate anyways because (a) we may see a rescinding bounce from Romney's debate and (b) the next debate is 5 days away.
Am I the only one that thinks Biden looked a lot like a bad rendition of "the Joker" in the movie "Batman Rises" ??? I kept expecting him to lean over the table, sneer at everybody, then say "What
this town needs is a better brand of criminal" !!! lol Shades of Keith Ledger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 04:54 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Plus Ryan supports the "life begins at conception" proposal he sponsored with Todd Aiken--
this law would so screw up the legal system of American law and the people who wrote it aren't SMART enough to see how the application of that law with punishment for having a miscarriage, using the day-after drug, legal inheritance, illegal immigration, and so many other aspects of reproduction would totally disrupt the legal system...
these people may be people of faith--but they obviously don't believe in the Constitutional provision--one of the rock-bottom beliefs--of separation of church and state...

those Founding Fathers had seen the danger of a democratic/republican form of government run under religious aegis and believed even for people of faith it was safer for the individual, more fair and more stable form of government...to separate those two diametrically opposed engines of controlling people...

if you want to live under a religious hegemony, you can certainly find them in the world--
unfortunately most of them are in oppressive Muslim countries--or The Vatican...

Old 10-12-2012, 05:18 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Amusing to see the right wing assauging their pain. So disappointed that Biden opened up the can of worms that Romney/Ryan try so hard to keep sealed. Biden was bold and Ryan was gulping a lot of water due to cotton mouth.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:10 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Amusing to see the right wing assauging their pain. So disappointed that Biden opened up the can of worms that Romney/Ryan try so hard to keep sealed. Biden was bold and Ryan was gulping a lot of water due to cotton mouth.
Since when is rude synonymous with bold? Biden felt he was above the rules. He interrupted Ryan, talked over him, talked when it wasn't his turn, and in general did whatever he wanted to. Makes me think of someone who wasn't taught well/has no manners, someone who is selfish, someone who has ADD, or all three. He seriously reminded me of a kid with attention deficit disorder last night.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
biden had a mental breakdown on national tv. showing that liberals are just crazy

ryan answered the questions well,,,and biden lied over 18 times

Old 10-12-2012, 06:21 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,577,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
biden had a mental breakdown on national tv. showing that liberals are just crazy

ryan answered the questions well,,,and biden lied over 18 times
calling someone on his bull**** and laughing at his ridiculous lies is now considered a "mental breakdown" to the pugs

Old 10-12-2012, 06:31 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Brit Hume@brithume
"When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quiet." Proverbs 29:9

4:54 PM - 12 Oct 12

Old 10-12-2012, 06:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
I've only read through post 1080, so forgive me if I am being repetitious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Bren </SPAN>• an hour ago
Make NO mistake ...
Biden was SO AFRAID of Ryan he interrupted him 82 TIMES!
82 TIMES!
That was Biden's singular goal ... to make sure Ryan was not allowed to get his points across to the American people.
FEAR drove Biden ... his uncontrollable spirited behavior is unequivocally a huge embarrassment for the sitting vice president.
He looked & acted totally UNHINGED tonight.laughter, relentless smirking & mean-spirited rudeness is unequivocally a huge embarrassment for a sitting vice president.
AMERICA DESERVES BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not this "scared" compost again! Whenever a Dem does something Reps don't like, the Dem is "scared" or alternatively "jealous". You guys need to come up with a different meme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And look at the liberals here, they're positively orgasmic about Bidens performance. Clearly they identify with the smug, arrogant, self righteous behavior displayed by their candidate.
See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Funny, Romney pulls a raging bull, acting like a manic, belligerant ass, and he is dominant, presidential, masterful, showed the emperor ain't got not clothes,etc.,etc.,etc., but when the tables are turn it is waaaaa! !!!!

Sorry Eddie Haskell did not get his A+ for bovine scatology. Must really hurt.
This post needs to be reposted every few pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i was certainly surprised by biden's statement that the military asked to be downsized.

i am just curious if anybody totalled the time that each speaker talked, and the moderator--as it sure seemed like biden talked a lot more, especially when ryan was also talking.
You are certainly late to the party. It was done early in the thread. There wasn't much difference.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
All Ryan needed to do to curb the interruptions was really quite simple....STOP LYIN' RYAN! For every interruption, there was a lie. The lies are disrespectful, not the interruptions. You BS, you risk getting called out. All you are getting is what was long overdue.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Since when is rude synonymous with bold? Biden felt he was above the rules. He interrupted Ryan, talked over him, talked when it wasn't his turn, and in general did whatever he wanted to. Makes me think of someone who wasn't taught well/has no manners, someone who is selfish, someone who has ADD, or all three. He seriously reminded me of a kid with attention deficit disorder last night.
You're right, luzianne, he did. And Ryan was so meek and passive that he all but begged him to do it.

There's a bigger and more important picture to look at. People long for their chief executive(s) to be real....and to be passionate. And in every public appearance I've seen Paul Ryan in, he looks and acts like he's trying to oust Brent Spiner from the role of Star Trek's "Data". Last night he undid much of the momentum that followed Romney's performance last week.

You and I probably agree politically much more than we disagree. Nonetheless, I like Joe's style and have since he rose to prominence in the Senate during the Reagan years. He'd make a much better President than his boss is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections