Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 09:05 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,049,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
So Ryan appeared weak?

Its is a DEBATE. Not a fight. Before you people get all giddy, you better stop and think what NON liberals are going to see in his performance. Not everyone is a rude jerk or supports it like you people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

37,282 posts, read 19,282,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
So are you saying that Ryan is I'll-prepared for the second highest office in the country?
He came across as being ill-prepared to be a cub scout...

12,642 posts, read 15,625,116 times
Biden couldn't help but laugh at the idiocy of Ryan.

Then he effectively countered and called him out.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:06 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,410,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Side_TX View Post

Was a toss up debate. I'd maybe give a slight edge to Biden before you factor in all of his smirks, laughs and just down right rudeness. People who watched it on TV will remember that more than anything else.
No , I remember that it looked like the republicans just can't find enough theaters of war in the middle east. Iran and Syria ...Then that Ryan wanted the stimulus money was painful. You are delusional.

5,094 posts, read 5,448,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
After tonights debate it shows how much Ryan is not even close to being ready to be VP. Ryan does not have enough experience that makes him VP ready Ryan will not even be ready for at least 10 more yrs.

Wow!! Really, you do remember that Ryan has MORE experience then out current buffoon in chief did when he took office.

12,436 posts, read 11,970,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Thought it was interesting that the independents focus group on CNN said that the women in the group preferred Ryan.

They are hot for eddie munster.

7,474 posts, read 22,906,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I would hope that Ryan would whip him, he's 42 what's Biden 69.

Frankenstein Krauthammer called it even.
paralyzed Krauthammer did not say that. Nice of you to make fun of the handicapped...

19,254 posts, read 16,773,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Weekly Standard’s Mark Hemingway: “Joe Biden’s laughing through talking about Iran sanctions?”

TIME’s Michael Scherer: “Not sure debate cameras have been light tested for Biden’s teeth. Best to watch with sunglasses.”

Washington Examiner’s Philip Klein: “Biden’s strategy seems to be to laugh at Ryan constantly. Will it work to infantalize Ryan, or backfire like Gore sighing?”

NBC’s David Gregory: “Biden’s smile is out of control.”

BuzzFeed’s Ben Smith: “So did Biden practice laughing at Ryan???”

ABC’s Rick Klein: “Biden on verge of breaking down in laughter when Ryan talks.”

Former Eric Cantor staffer Brad Dayspring: “Joe Biden needs to realize this isn’t a Senate Foreign

Relations Hearing. His laughter and condescending attitude is a disaster.”

Radio host Neal Boortz: “Looking like Biden’s gameplan is to laugh his way through this.”

Townhall.com’s Guy Benson: “Will Biden laugh his ass off at the terrible economy, too?”

MSNBC’s S.E. Cupp: “Biden needs to laugh a little less through the Libya, Middle East, nuclear Iran segment.”

Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza: “Ok. I have decided. I find the Biden smile slightly unsettling.”

PBS’ Jeff Greenfield: “Biden has always had a smile that at times is really, really inappropriate.”

Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard: “Can’t tell yet if Biden’s smirking, laughs, eye-rolling, head shaking, works for him or not against the oh-so-young looking eager Ryan.”

Former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer: “Biden is at risk of having his laugh come across like Gore’s sighs. He should knock it off.”

The New York Times’ Ashley Parker: “Biden’s grin is Chesire Cat caliber.”

Republican strategist Ron Bonjean: “Biden laughing does not come off with the intended effect. It is actually hurting him. Looks very condescending.”

Movie critic Roger Ebert: “Joe! Stop smiling and laughing!”

Washington Times’ Emily Miller: “Biden laughing when he disagrees with Ryan is so annoying. Like a child in time out.”

Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin: “Biden’s laughing is losing the debate- obnoxious”

Comedy Central’s Indecision: “If this keeps up much longer, Joe Biden’s going to sprain his laugh muscles.”
Thanks for posting this. I was curious to know what others outside of city-data members were saying. Guess I wasn't the only one who thought the over zealous grinning and smirking was inappropriate. Not very statesman-like.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:07 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,971,735 times
Send all the hostile tweets you want, our focus group--and I agree w them--think it was a draw. Each guy did what he had to do for his team
by Soledad_OBrien via twitter 10:06 PM

Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,970,000 times
I thought the greatest point that Biden made was on social security and medicare...WHO DO YOU TRUST. The Rupublicans who have been trying to get rid of it from its inception or us. That is a great point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections