Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times

Advertisements

Biden and the truth are complete strangers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Biden delivered a WWF smackdown on the lil boy Ryan.

Can you imagine the gibbering Ryan trying to go head-to-head with let's say, Putin, in an international situation. Wow. Be scared, very scared.

Hilarious was widdle Pauly chastising Biden about not explaining the numbers when 5 minutes earlier he talked in circles to avoid any explanation of Rmoneys tax proposal.

Biden should have been laughing. How could you not? Ryan looked like Howdy Doody. Regardless, Ryans sappy, smarmy smug smirk seems to be tattoo'ed to his face. The over-the-top smirkery is only topped by his idol, Mitch McConnell. At least Joe's goes away at some point.
Yeah, I can picture Ryan leaning over and whispering to Putin: just give me and Mitt 4 more years.

I can also see Mitt flat out refusing to meet with the President of a country that is declared an ally but treated like an enemy. I can also see Mitt "wondering" if a country is an ally or an enemy, especially when that country is demanding the release of a terrorist responsible for the death of 6 Americans. Would an ally really make that demand???

If Obama gained anything positive from Biden's debate, it will be lost when Mitt takes on Obama again and again.

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Smile Poor little Ryan...

That big bully Biden was picking on him last night. Insisting on facts and other ridiculous tactics. Calling him out on "inaccuracies."

Poor little Ryan...

Old 10-12-2012, 06:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Both bases will like that. Ryan was vague enough on things, and Biden was attacking enough, with the right details.

I think the undecided voter is a guess. Most are uninformed, so I could say they want to see and side with who was pushing the debate. That, in my opinion, was Joe Biden. But he was also very silly in style. Ryan did good enough for his base. I didn't like some of his facial impressions, especially during the closing statements.

We shall see.

As far as substance, I think Biden won, hands down. Ryan wants to go to war, legislate personal decisions, and didn't get specific on how the plan on paying for 7 trillion in spending increases.

Again, both bases will love this, independents? Who knows.
Agreed

Old 10-12-2012, 06:03 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
He said (if I remember correctly) that any requests did not reach the tops. Did Hillary know and do nothing? Did everyone know and do nothing? Where was the State Department in all of this?

Old 10-12-2012, 06:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I don't know how Biden can publicly deny what is in writing. The memos outlining the situation in Libya and the need for security are now public information and is on record at the hearing, along with the statements of two witnesses, along with the statements made by Charlene Lamb, from his administration, acknowledging the memos and trying to justify her assessment of the situation which lead to the denial of additional/replaced security. She admitted denying the requests, or as she tried to pass them off as "recommendations".

Is he even aware of the fact that there is a Congressional hearing going on about the issue of security in Libya? Is he:

1. totally out of the loop and doesn't know what is going on
2. claiming ignorance
3. throwing the CIA under the bus
4. is he just flat out lying
5. so high up the chain that the news hasn't reached him
5. all of the above.

Biden contradicts State Department on Benghazi security | The Cable
That's not what he said. He said the admin didn't know about the requests, which is kind of obvious since everyone knows such requests are handeled at a much lower levels than the White House. In this case the request was denied at the local level.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:07 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Biden and the truth are complete strangers.
"Biden" and "truth" in the same sentence? Oh, no, no, no.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Smile Almost too good to be true...

After all of the ridiculous, hysterical, outrageous right wing crap that's been thrown at the president over the past four years, it's more than a little amusing to see these same RWNJs expressing "outrage" over Biden holding Ryan's feet to the fire in last night's debate.

Carry on!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:10 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Default Laughing at The Issues Ad Showcases What a Jerk Biden Was Last Night

Kudos to the republicans for producing this great ad so soon! Biden was a condescding, petulant, rude man child last night and he did not do his campaign any favors.

This is the GOP

Not to mention, the CNN after debate poll shows Biden failed.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/im...0/11/top13.pdf

Another debate score for the republicans!!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:12 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's not what he said. He said the admin didn't know about the requests, which is kind of obvious since everyone knows such requests are handeled at a much lower levels than the White House. In this case the request was denied at the local level.
Responsibility starts at the top and works it way down. If a ship runs aground it is the commanding officer who has to explain and as often as not looses his command.
Obama's admin seems to have a lot of these problems.
Border patrol agent killed by guns we shipped into mexico.
State secrets being leaked
Now we have an ambassador killed after requesting help.
To make matters worse we keep hearing the same lame excuses or in the case of Libya outright lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections