Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 05:06 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times

Advertisements

Biden, having nothing positive he could point to, but only continued bad economic news, the recently exposed negligence on the part of the administration and the administrations lack of any rational foreign policy, both of which resulted in the death of four Americans including our Ambassador, apparently decided that the best tactic would be an attempt to make his opponent look sophomoric and simple.

With the grin of the Cheshire Cat of Alice in Wonderland ever on his pasty white face, he annoyed us with constant interruptions, and insertions of the administration's versions of "truth," the falsehoods we have become familiar with since the beginning of the Obama presidency. Truth is what they say it is.

This was disrespectful of Paul Ryan, and not at all convincing. The interruptions were intended to be a distraction, to throw Ryan off and not allow him to make his points.

In spite of this, Ryan did make his points. The current administration is incompetent, and their policies have failed in every way. The economy is not improving, and we are facing ever increasing debt, which cannot be sustained.

Ryan appeared confident, and articulate. He was polite, yet assertive. In my opinion, he won handily.

Biden was everyone's "crazy Uncle Joe" last night, which it seems is just who he is.

Here is another who had the same impression of last nights debate that I did:
Blog: Biden's Strategy: Be a Jerk

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 10-12-2012 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: Correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 05:15 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Biden showed the most bizzare, childlike, obnoxious behavior I have ever witnessed in any debate in my lifetime watching debates on TV; with his constant smirking, snearing at Ryan, and, with his constant interrupting of Ryan, so that he couldn't make his point. On the other hand, Ryan showed a calmness, and patient behavior with a gentle smile. Thank GOD, I was not Ryan, if I was in Ryan's shoes, that *******, Biden would have a fist in his mouth. I don't know who won the debate tonight, I haven't checked with all the blog sites, but I do know, with Ryan's calm demeanor, he would win hands down. Who ever actually won, I'm sure the public who watched the debate would agree with me. I would score another 5% gain for Romney/Ryan. Biden just lost it for O'bummer, who we all knew was a loser anyway.
Let's talk on November 7th.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:23 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Funny, I watched the entire debate. There was no smack down, no ass whooping, no beat down, no putting anyone in thier place.

I really don't know what that debate was...but it was not beating the left is trying to submit it was...not even close...

You lefties will NEVER beable to live down the ass whooping obama recieved, that was an ass whooping...

Old 10-12-2012, 05:28 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Biden was rude and condescending. He had zero substance. The after debate polls are starting to show his bad manners turned people off.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/im...0/11/top13.pdf

Old 10-12-2012, 05:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Stop drinking the kool aid sweetheart..Ryan is a numbers guy and is calmer-Biden acted like a child and this may backfire on him..many people were reporting that Biden was disrespectful and arrogant-
And guess what? The very same thing was said about Romney in the last debate. Rude, arrogant, and a bully.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:31 AM

376 posts, read 653,059 times
Default Biden epitomized Dems: try to keep the voice of reason from being heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Biden, having nothing positive he could point to, but only continued bad economic news, the recently exposed negligence on the part of the administration and the administrations lack of any rational foreign policy, both of which resulted in the death of four Americans including our Ambassador, apparently decided that the best tactic would be an attempt to make his opponent look sophomoric and simple.

With the grin of the Cheshire Cat of Alice in Wonderland ever on his pasty white face, he annoyed us with constant interruptions, and insertions of the administrations versions of "truth," the familiar falsehoods we have become familiar with since the beginning of the Obama presidency. Truth is what they say it is.

This was disrespectful of Paul Ryan, and not at all convincing. The interruptions were intended to be a distraction, to throw Ryan off and not allow him to make his points.

In spite of this, Ryan did make his points. The current administration is incompetent, and their policies have failed in every way. The economy is not improving, and we are facing ever increasing debt, which cannot be sustained.

Ryan appeared confident, and articulate. He was polite, yet assertive. In my opinion, he won handily.

Biden was everyone's "crazy Uncle Joe" last night, which it seems is just who he is.

Here is another who had the same impression of last nights debate that I did:
Blog: Biden's Strategy: Be a Jerk

Most polls I see have Ryan as the winner. Biden at least was asserive as expected and didn't come off as a complete idiot....just a disrespect ass. I'm sure the base of the Dem Party liked what he did as he seems to me like so many of the Dems here...disrespectful and closed minded. But I think most independents didn't like what they saw.

Ryan was polite and articulate. He did seem a little young to be able to step in as Prez if something happened to Mitt. I didn't think Biden looked Presidential either.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:35 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Biden is the class clown who always interrupted the teacher and would sit back and throw things at people while they worked hard trying to learn.

Sure, people get a laugh out of him, but no one takes him seriously.
Nonsense....only polarized partisans share that view. His constant interruptions were over-the-top and annoying at times, but they were effective.

Ryan is 2012's Dan Quayle....clearly over his head at this level of national politics. How and why he got there is beyond me.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And guess what? The very same thing was said about Romney in the last debate. Rude, arrogant, and a bully.
Keep dreaming. Romney did not act like Biden at all. Romney was forceful and informed.....big difference as Biden was rude, petulant, and condescending. Class vs trash. Pretty simple.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/im...0/11/top13.pdf

Old 10-12-2012, 05:39 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
Most polls I see have Ryan as the winner. Biden at least was asserive as expected and didn't come off as a complete idiot....just a disrespect ass. I'm sure the base of the Dem Party liked what he did as he seems to me like so many of the Dems here...disrespectful and closed minded. But I think most independents didn't like what they saw.

Ryan was polite and articulate. He did seem a little young to be able to step in as Prez if something happened to Mitt. I didn't think Biden looked Presidential either.
Some thought JFK was too young.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:43 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Both bases will like that. Ryan was vague enough on things, and Biden was attacking enough, with the right details.

I think the undecided voter is a guess. Most are uninformed, so I could say they want to see and side with who was pushing the debate. That, in my opinion, was Joe Biden. But he was also very silly in style. Ryan did good enough for his base. I didn't like some of his facial impressions, especially during the closing statements.

We shall see.

As far as substance, I think Biden won, hands down. Ryan wants to go to war, legislate personal decisions, and didn't get specific on how the plan on paying for 7 trillion in spending increases.

Again, both bases will love this, independents? Who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections