Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
History will not look back kindly on this regime. I just hope America survives to tell the tale.
What regime?

In the USA, we have Administrations, not regimes.

Brush up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post

Yes - and Biden really drilled home the fact that Romney and Ryan both will not (cannot?) tell the voters specifics about their tax policies. He also made some strong points on Afghanistan, Syria and Iran - his foreign policy experience really shone through.

I do also think that Ryan performed well under pressure and I think he deserves to give himself a pat on the back for that.

And as for bullying? Sheesh - it's politics. It's dog eat dog and it's dirty.

Biden was no more or less a "bully" than Romney in the first debate.

What also struck me was the fact that "outside" of the debate they both seemed to genuinely like each other as people if not as "politicians".
Why is it an issue that they didn't provide facts about their tax cuts? Isn't the the same regime that said we must pass the healthcare bill to find out what's in it?

Once we elect R & R we will find out what the tax cuts are!

You can't have it both ways.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:48 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What regime?

Brush up!
you got my point as did everyone else.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-12-2012 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: ;anguage

Old 10-12-2012, 06:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Did I hear correctly or did Ryan say that we should "absolutly apologize for America" when the mod asked about something US servicemen had done in Afghanistan? I am pretty sure he said that.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:49 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Joe Biden probably shouldn't be involved in politics on any level, much less on a national level, and much less the VP of the United States, until he can learn to control his emotions, act his age, and appreciate the levity of the situations at hand. He is an embarrassment, not only to his party, but to all Americans, as he represents our country on the international stage. What a buffoon!
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Mitt has show that he can't represent our country on an international stage. He couldn't even visit the Olympics without insulting our closest enemy and breaking their national security protocol. He also made a ridiculous statement about Russia being our top geopolitical enemy. These are far worse gaffes than anything Biden has said.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:50 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What regime?

Brush up!
Yes, you should! The Bush admin was called a regime a long time ago.....but you don't care about that now do ya....

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
You've got to know that Biden won when the Romney campaign is sending their people out to complain that they thought the moderator was terrible and gave the edge to Biden. Sounds like the Obama campaign last week complaining that the moderator didn't keep control of the debate. As for people complaining about Biden being to animated, jeez! That's always been his style of talking. What did you expect? It's got him where he's at today. Too bad if that made Ryan look like a kitty-cat by contrast. It was that same kind of demeanor that won Romney the debate last week and I didn't see any Republicans complaining then about Romney's rudeness.

987 posts, read 1,386,886 times
Being smart, humble and polite is a good thing which Ryan portrayed!
I guess Biden's parents didn't raise him up right, because it showed
during the debate, which should be his last time to speak on TV,
Biden embarrassed himself and the office of his Vice Presidency
to the whole world! What's worst, Obama even praised Biden for
his performance, it just takes one a** to know the other!

Last edited by Art2ro; 10-12-2012 at 07:22 AM..

Old 10-12-2012, 06:51 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,313,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Mitt has show that he can't represent our country on an international stage. He couldn't even visit the Olympics without insulting our closest enemy and breaking their national security protocol. He also made a ridiculous statement about Russia being our top geopolitical enemy. These are far worse gaffes than anything Biden has said.
You are correct, I meant to say "gravity". Thanks for pointing that out. Levity is what Biden actually displayed during much of the debate, which was anything but appropriate.

Thanks again, I will edit accordingly, and then go have my morning coffee, lol.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:53 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Exactly!!

And there is already a great ad in place showcasing what a jerk Biden was!!

This is the GOP
Whoa, Nelly. That's good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections