Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 02:43 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Obviously, Biden won this debate. President Obama, take note. Blowing away these ridiculous Republicans is easy. Ryan continues with the same Romney/Ryan platitudes, all invalidated by the Republican obstructionists in Congress.

Kudos to Joe Biden. Big win for the President tonight.
The Dem base is going to lead Obama into oblivion. If Obama conducts himself as rude and classless as Biden he might as well pack his bags.

You can be aggressive and get your points across without interrupting and smirking while you're opponent is speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 02:44 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The beatdown almost seemed unfair. Biden was truthful, passionate, and superior. He dominated that mouse Ryan.

Question for Ryan: what have Congressional Republicans done to lower the unemployment rate?
I notice the trend that Romney/Ryan never answer the question and are not specific. Why is that

Old 10-12-2012, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I think more than anything, we've learned that playing the part of interrupting cow makes you look strong and it makes your opponent look weak. Romney interrupted often and with gusto and Americans say he won. Biden interrupted even more frequently and despite mumbling, stuttering and stammering throughout the debate, America says he won.

Lesson learned: Interrupt as often as possible and you win.
It really is a sad indictment on the American public. I truly hope Obama rises above it but his crazy base seems to want more of this crassness so who knows.

Biden had some decent points but it was overshadowed by his lack of class. The fact that the media is refusing to take him to task for it is very telling.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You can be aggressive and get your points across without interrupting and smirking while you're opponent is speaking.
Willard?

I thought this was a thread about the Biden/Ryan debate.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Have you seen the spot polls.. CNN's has one here...

CNN Poll: Debate watchers split on who won VP debate – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The impact of what Biden has done this evening will begin to sink into undecided voters over the coming days and weeks. The more they think about how he laughed at the suffering and proposed solutions and think about the dismal failures of this administration over the 4 last years the more they are going to abandon the Obama/Biden ticket..

In the end, Obama and Biden have nothing, absolutely nothing, as far as success to run on. They deflect, lie and now laugh at the suffering of the American people. We are not stupid and folks are going to get more pissed as the days go by.. You can take that to the bank..
Biden never answered how Obama would get UE under 6%. He basically blamed Bush. Ryan at least had an outline of a plan. Why the media allows this to go unchallenged and instead focuses on who won a debate is baffling.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Willard?

I thought this was a thread about the Biden/Ryan debate.
I'm still waiting for a lib to show me where exactly Romney interrupted Obama. A couple libs have made this point yet no one can direct me to a clip.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:42 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I've always liked Joe's style, despite disagreeing with him on most issues.

He mopped the floor with Ryan, who is weak as a speaker regardless of format or setting.
Biden is the class clown who always interrupted the teacher and would sit back and throw things at people while they worked hard trying to learn.

Sure, people get a laugh out of him, but no one takes him seriously.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:54 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,368,508 times
A BIG fist pump for Smokin' Joe, he may be brash but he's real and know's his stuff...go JOE

Old 10-12-2012, 04:00 AM

684 posts, read 825,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It really is a sad indictment on the American public. I truly hope Obama rises above it but his crazy base seems to want more of this crassness so who knows.

Biden had some decent points but it was overshadowed by his lack of class. The fact that the media is refusing to take him to task for it is very telling.
They have. Biden wanted only to fire up his base, which he succeeded in doing. He alienated some people, which is a far less evil than letting the Romney debate continue to have steam. Here are some media discussing Biden's aggressiveness:

BBC:

BBC News - Joe Biden and Paul Ryan face off in high-stakes debate

The Ithaca Journal:

VP debate: Biden more aggressive than boss; Ryan didn't back down | The Ithaca Journal | theithacajournal.com

The Wall Street Journal:

Review & Outlook: The Bully vs. the Wonk - WSJ.com

The media isn't ignoring it. Biden did what he had to and I applaud his success in it. Ryan did as well. Will he have connected with the undecideds more? We'll see.

About the only complaint I had about the night was with Raddatz herself. A moderators job is to moderate. Biden can take care of himself - Trying to debate Ryan herself shows a bias that I'm not comfortable with.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:07 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Biden was very rude and showed me he could not work across the isle. In Bidens mind, he is the only person who has a right to an opinion. Just like Obama he would just ram his ideas up everyone's butt. Biden was classless and not presidential.
His elementary school boy behavior from Sister Mary Elephants class was classless last night in the debate.Why with all his bantering,gesturing and smirking he would offend most in the Muslim world who needs a video to blame...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections