Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 11:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
I have defended Romney many times. I like him, and feel he has a strongly Centrist record.

That said: Biden won the debate. If there's one thing the Romney/Obama debate taught us, it's heart and not head that wins debates.

Biden came out swinging. Well played, Mr. Vice President.
I repped you for your praise of Biden, but I disagree about your assessment of Romney. If Romney was truly a Centrist or a moderate, he forfeited any credit for that position by showing zero integrity and going so far right just to pander to the radicals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 11:38 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,019,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Something tells me no one considers you the over religious type..........

The only thing Biden accomplished was showing how unconcerned he is about world issues, he really thinks "MANY JOBS" have been created. Guess hes counting all those IRS employees being hired that will make sure people between 18 and 26 pay for health care or will that be the parents that have to pay?? Just how will people pay those fines if they can't afford health insurance..........this administration seems to not understand it takes a job to pay for health care........ when they're killing jobs leaves little room for improvement.
People making under about $45,000 will be able to get subsidized plans. If one cannot find a plan for 8 percent of less of their income, they will not be fined.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:38 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,560,769 times
The first time I watched it, I was so disgusted I changed the channel to a movie. I just watched the part about Iran again, and hate to say it, but I agreed with Biden. Ryan is beating the drums for war, that is the last thing we need is another war. Biden articulated the Obama approach very well - and I am not one to give this administration credit for anything, this is a first for me. Biden said they need to enrich a lot more than the 20 they have now, and then the next step is to put it into a weapon, which the Iranians do NOT have. Frankly, if Biden admits to this much, why are we imposing crippling sanctions on them?? That is the question I would ask.
Yes, Biden was snarky, but he was also right on this topic.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
yep and I want him gone. He said in one breath they didn't know about the Benghazi attacks then the next breath said they would know. Either way, I will agree we disagree. I do not like Biden, what can I say, he did not persuade me to vote for Obama.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,909,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
And he broke the bottle over Ryan's head.

I actually thought Biden was going to do poorly in this debate, but he ended up mopping the floor with Ryan.

I'm not pretending that Biden was smooth or slick, that's Romney's act. Biden basically shoved his foot up Ryan and Romney ass.
keeping it classy, liberals.

biden, as usual, had ZERO specifics and just talked in platitudes-which the liberals seem to love.

ryan pointed out that this "tax the rich" mantra has ZERO chance of working without massive reduction in government spending, but did the moderator ask biden about that? when she is demanding specifics from ryan, does she ask biden how many millionaires there are and how much they plan on getting then in taxes? you know she did not, and would not. did she ask what percentage of the country would be asked to shoulder the burden for the rest, and what the government would do if those people chose to just up and leave the country for greener pastures? would they freeze their bank accounts? confiscate their homes? what?

biden went unchallenged with a lot of his dopey statements, like the military asking to be downsized. we all know that all government departments love it when downsizing talk starts.

where were the questions on sequestration, massive spending, and no budgets? instead the dopey religion question and "personality" question.

oh, and biden pretending he is the peacemaker? give me a break. they sent troops to how many countries-70 something? they are fighting hard not to leave iraq, and not to leave afghanistan. how many dead soldiers/civilians from these "peacemakers and their peacemaker drones"? how gullible are people, anyhow? don't even mention fast and furious deaths, because they now are ruled to be "friendly fire" -naturally OUR OWN GUYS are responsible, not obama. that probably will be the result of the investigation into the embassy deaths-friendly fire, and who would challenge? it isn't like we have the rule of law in this country with eric holder as our top cop.

biden acted like he and obama were running for office the 1st time, like they haven't had 4 years to get something done-other than the massive obamacare tax. (which you know they don't understand, haven't read, and couldn't explain in detail).

it was a talk-filled debate, but not very substantive.

Last edited by floridasandy; 10-12-2012 at 12:20 AM..

Old 10-11-2012, 11:44 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I find it funny that republicans are only attacking Biden on his rude behavior. Nothing else was critized so far, making Biden the clear winner even if he was a bit rude.
To me, the poise of a potential president is important. The way he carries himself in stressful situations. As much as points I pretty much called the thing a draw, but, I don't think Bidens behavior made him at all look presidential.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:44 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,470,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

biden, as usual, had ZERO specifics and just talked in platitudes-which the liberals seem to love.

ryan pointed out that this "tax the rich" mantra has ZERO chance of working without massive reduction in government spending, but did the moderator ask biden about that? when she is demanding specifics from ryan, does she ask biden how many millionaires there are and how much they plan on getting then in taxes? you know she did not, and would not. did she ask what percentage of the country would be asked to shoulder the burden for the rest, and what the government would do if those people chose to just up and leave the country for greener pastures? would they freeze their bank accounts? confiscate their homes? what?

biden went unchallenged with a lot of his dopey statements, like the military asking to be downsized. we all know that all government departments love it when downsizing talk starts.

where were the questions on sequestration, massive spending, and no budgets? instead the dopey religion question and "personality" question.

biden acted like they were running for office the 1st time, like they haven't had 4 years to get something done-other than the massive obamacare tax. (which you know they don't understand and haven't read).

If you want to talk specifics, then how do you have a tax revenue neutral plan that reduces taxes by 20% without eliminating or decreasing deductions on the middle class?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:45 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,973,712 times
Quote:

biden acted like they were running for office the 1st time, like they haven't had 4 years to get something done-other than the massive obamacare tax. (which you know they don't understand and haven't read).

Oh good you seem really concerned about specifics.

So it must have been really important to you that the Ryan gave us specifics on his plan to balance the budget.

Could you post a link to that info, since you're so big on specifics?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:45 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,019,218 times
Quote:

Did you really watch the debate? There was a large section on the sequestration issue during which Ryan made a ridiculous statement about WWI naval power. Biden was challenged on the notion that the military wanted downsizing. He clarified that the Joint Chiefs of Staff did ask for it.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
He doesn't make a very good vice president & sure wouldn't make a good canditdate for hair restoration infomercials.

I think they stuck one too deep...

Poor Joe, bless his bleeding liberal little heart.
I don't care if Biden was wearing a powdered wig, he delivered the goods. As to what you refer to as his "bleeding heart" that is exactly what makes him real. Empathy is neither a weakness or a vice.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-12-2012 at 12:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections