Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 04:35 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,448,078 times

Advertisements

Yeah not a fan if Martha of course the libs live her which is telling right there. The abortion question sounded like it was written by the Obama campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
They have. Biden wanted only to fire up his base, which he succeeded in doing. He alienated some people, which is a far less evil than letting the Romney debate continue to have steam. Here are some media discussing Biden's aggressiveness:

BBC:

BBC News - Joe Biden and Paul Ryan face off in high-stakes debate

The Ithaca Journal:

VP debate: Biden more aggressive than boss; Ryan didn't back down | The Ithaca Journal | theithacajournal.com

The Wall Street Journal:

Review & Outlook: The Bully vs. the Wonk - WSJ.com

The media isn't ignoring it. Biden did what he had to and I applaud his success in it. Ryan did as well. Will he have connected with the undecideds more? We'll see.

About the only complaint I had about the night was with Raddatz herself. A moderators job is to moderate. Biden can take care of himself - Trying to debate Ryan herself shows a bias that I'm not comfortable with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
I think Biden did much better than expected, and managed to undo the damage from Obama's debate, so it was a "mission accomplished". He seemed to be in control of the debate, while Ryan did not do bad either. Ryan is a numbers guy, which makes him a little boring, but it does not mean he 'lost' the debate.

Both did well, but Biden came across as the guy who knew his stuff, while Ryan with his numbers and claims and especially the lack of specifics left people wondering if he was being truthful (or not).

Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,372,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Biden showed the most bizzare, childlike, obnoxious behavior I have ever witnessed in any debate in my lifetime watching debates on TV; with his constant smirking, snearing at Ryan, and, with his constant interrupting of Ryan, so that he couldn't make his point.Biden just lost it for O'bummer, who we all knew was a loser anyway.

pretty much "a day in the life of The loser biden"

Old 10-12-2012, 04:42 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,792,297 times
Default Biden claims that there were no requests for more security in Libya. Really???

I don't know how Biden can publicly deny what is in writing. The memos outlining the situation in Libya and the need for security are now public information and is on record at the hearing, along with the statements of two witnesses, along with the statements made by Charlene Lamb, from his administration, acknowledging the memos and trying to justify her assessment of the situation which lead to the denial of additional/replaced security. She admitted denying the requests, or as she tried to pass them off as "recommendations".

Is he even aware of the fact that there is a Congressional hearing going on about the issue of security in Libya? Is he:

1. totally out of the loop and doesn't know what is going on
2. claiming ignorance
3. throwing the CIA under the bus
4. is he just flat out lying
5. so high up the chain that the news hasn't reached him
5. all of the above.

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the administration wasn't aware of requests for more security in Libya before the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi during Thursday night's debate, contradicting two State Department officials and the former head of diplomatic security in Libya.
Biden contradicts State Department on Benghazi security | The Cable

Old 10-12-2012, 04:45 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,066,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think Biden did much better than expected, and managed to undo the damage from Obama's debate, so it was a "mission accomplished". He seemed to be in control of the debate, while Ryan did not do bad either. Ryan is a numbers guy, which makes him a little boring, but it does not mean he 'lost' the debate.

Both did well, but Biden came across as the guy who knew his stuff, while Ryan with his numbers and claims and especially the lack of specifics left people wondering if he was being truthful (or not).
I agree, I don't understand why romney ryan wont give specifics on anything?? Ryan looked like a sad little boy or puppy who was extremely nervous while drinking his 1.5L of water throughout the debate. Joe didnt need an ounce of water and squashed Lyin' Ryan like a bug

Old 10-12-2012, 04:53 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,792,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I'm glad Romney never interrupted in the first debate, because that would make you a big old hypocrite.
Well Biden now holds the record for interrupting someone 82 times in a 90 minute period. Ryan should have apologized for talking while Biden was interrupting him.

Seems Biden thought some of his old football moves didn't work because Ryan stayed on the rails and ran with the ball.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:59 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,629,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I agree, I don't understand why romney ryan wont give specifics on anything?? Ryan looked like a sad little boy or puppy who was extremely nervous while drinking his 1.5L of water throughout the debate. Joe didnt need an ounce of water and squashed Lyin' Ryan like a bug

Stop drinking the kool aid sweetheart..Ryan is a numbers guy and is calmer-Biden acted like a child and this may backfire on him..many people were reporting that Biden was disrespectful and arrogant-

Old 10-12-2012, 05:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
That's just the way he looks. I think this debate was far more important to Dems than to Repubs. For Repubs this was something to do, and be done with, and Ryan did that. He got through it, and did not screw it up, so for them it was also "mission accomplished". For the Dems, in the other hand, this was an opportunity to repair the damage caused by Obama's lukewarm performance in his debate, and Biden succeeded in that. He was very confident, and knew his stuff, he was able to destroy some false talking-points which have been floating around (Obama & Netanyahu relations, Iran situation, embassy security, etc) etc, and expose the blaring weakness in Romney's plans (absence of specifics) so I think he managed to fire up the base, so IMO the races is even again with two more debates to go.

What his opponents found irritating in Biden's behaviour (smirks, interruptions etc), I am sure his supporters found entertaining. It was Biden, being Biden. It was an entertaining debate, that's for sure. It was almost like watching a sporting event.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:02 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,629,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I don't know how Biden can publicly deny what is in writing. The memos outlining the situation in Libya and the need for security are now public information and is on record at the hearing, along with the statements of two witnesses, along with the statements made by Charlene Lamb, from his administration, acknowledging the memos and trying to justify her assessment of the situation which lead to the denial of additional/replaced security. She admitted denying the requests, or as she tried to pass them off as "recommendations".

Is he even aware of the fact that there is a Congressional hearing going on about the issue of security in Libya? Is he:

1. totally out of the loop and doesn't know what is going on
2. claiming ignorance
3. throwing the CIA under the bus
4. is he just flat out lying
5. so high up the chain that the news hasn't reached him
5. all of the above.

Biden contradicts State Department on Benghazi security | The Cable

It's going to be interesting what happens today. I believe the State Department will defend themselves -I think it's all of the above...

I haven't been watching the hearings but I'm trying to read about it....just not sure what to make of it.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:06 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,669,549 times
Biden delivered a WWF smackdown on the lil boy Ryan.

Can you imagine the gibbering Ryan trying to go head-to-head with let's say, Putin, in an international situation. Wow. Be scared, very scared.

Hilarious was widdle Pauly chastising Biden about not explaining the numbers when 5 minutes earlier he talked in circles to avoid any explanation of Rmoneys tax proposal.

Biden should have been laughing. How could you not? Ryan looked like Howdy Doody. Regardless, Ryans sappy, smarmy smug smirk seems to be tattoo'ed to his face. The over-the-top smirkery is only topped by his idol, Mitch McConnell. At least Joe's goes away at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections