Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won tonight's VP debate?
Biden, It was an old school, blue collar beatdown 141 55.08%
Ryan, he showed youth and enthusiasm 80 31.25%
Neither/toss up 35 13.67%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,958,763 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure who really won the debate, but I can tell you who lost!! The american people lost. Why? Because we had the opportunity to hear policy and platforms, but before he could get anything out of his mouth, Biden was interrupting. His antics were distracting and thanks to Biden, the entire debate was nothing more than a waste of time. I would have liked to have heard Ryans answers to some of the questions. Instead I heard our vice idiot.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:45 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,595,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'm not sure who really won the debate, but I can tell you who lost!! The american people lost. Why? Because we had the opportunity to hear policy and platforms, but before he could get anything out of his mouth, Biden was interrupting. His antics were distracting and thanks to Biden, the entire debate was nothing more than a waste of time. I would have liked to have heard Ryans answers to some of the questions. Instead I heard our vice idiot.
actually you heard them both pretty evenly. Biden spoke for like 1.5 minutes longer in total

Old 10-12-2012, 01:45 PM

24,813 posts, read 24,471,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
I dont know each and every streets of US but they should be worried about the foreign policies too.
I am sure everyone by now knows what happens to local economy when you have 2 wars fought on credit card... Economy does not work in silo, everything impacts economy...

Thats what you think, but no one cares. Afghanistan has a 23% approval rating right now, is either candidate saying anything different on it? Both candidates have threatened Iran. Both candidates say they will support the Syrian rebels once they figure out who the good guys are.

There just isn't that much of a difference. Its why the GOP was "economy, economy, economy" until their internal polling started showing they were losing that economic debate, then they shifted to foreign policy.

In my opinion, they took their eye off the ball. You can't plant that message of "economy is so important" in voters mind, and at the last minute tell them not to notice the man behind the curtain.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:47 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,497,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Who are you trying to kid? Biden has forgotten more than Ryan ever knew.
I suspect Biden forgot whatever he once knew decades ago. The man is a complete and total idiot. The whole world knows it...even the dumbass Obozo followers who won't admit it.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:51 PM

32,198 posts, read 34,961,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
They want to finish the job of dismantling the country by scrapping Medicare, Social Security and as many social safety nets they can while engaging in Global military domination. The money they save from dismantling the programs will go to the upper 1% and the military. Nothing new here.
I think entitlement reform will spell their ultimate doom.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I think entitlement reform will spell their ultimate doom.
If voters are dumb enough to think that doing nothing with entitlements is an option, then they deserve what they get.

I don't like Romney/Ryan's plan with it, but we have got to reform medicare, its not an option to do nothing. To do nothing on medicare is to bankrupt the country. That doesn't mean we should follow the Republican ideas on it, but it does mean that Democrats should be putting some real ideas on the table.

But, people don't want them to change, and the Dems are selling that like bacon for breakfast.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,916,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
But they are small, And you can't buy campaign speech as real foreign policy positions.
You shouldn't buy anything, including a crystal ball. You should analyze situations and identify instigators. You should recognize who is willing to work with diplomacy versus another in a threatening voice only to appease a certain segment of financiers and voting populace. Nobody enjoys being bullied, or mocked. Forget Iran, we can even look back at Iraq for that. Why do you think we didn't go to war with Iraq in Clinton years, but did under Bush? Clinton wasn't quite a friendly character to Iraq either, and engaged in a manner I see Obama engaging in. You would say, no difference?

Quote:
Romney and Ryan will make it sound like the President just wants to give Iran a nuke, and the President and VP will make it sound like if Romney gets elected, the day after his innaguration, he'll nuke Iran.
When the latter happens, let me know. We do know that Romney/Ryan ticket is more aggressive (proactive) about labeling Iran as a threat, whereas you'd hear Iran from the President/VP only if they are asked specifically about it. Again, I see a big difference.

Quote:
But both support the sanctions, both think they are working (despite what Ryan said last night, read the last two weeks of quotes), both have promised military action to stop them from getting a nuclear weapon.
That is like saying that there are differences between them on tax cuts/increases. Or, since both talking health care reform, there are no differences.

Thats not a different outcome, its just a slight difference in how you get there. And Romney isn't going to go to war with our troops already in Afghanistan. We can fight a war with Iran, but we can't do two at the same time with that war on.[/quote]

Old 10-12-2012, 01:55 PM

32,198 posts, read 34,961,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't like Romney/Ryan's plan with it, but we have got to reform medicare, its not an option to do nothing. To do nothing on medicare is to bankrupt the country. That doesn't mean we should follow the Republican ideas on it, but it does mean that Democrats should be putting some real ideas on the table.
Before I make any further comment: Is America the only country you've ever lived in?

Old 10-12-2012, 01:56 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,981,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
4) and that the Obama administration is imposing defense cuts and projecting weakness.

Actually he said $1 trillion in defense cuts, which is not true. Not to mention he flubbed the question about Romney's $2 trillion extra in defense spending that Raddatz asked.

Quote:
Ryan had criticized Obama's refusal to meet Netanyahu in New York last month

Which looked petty and uninformed after Biden discussed all the times he and Obama have been on the phone having various conversations with "Bibi" and how "Bibi" has been his personal friend for years. Kinda hard for Ryan to say "no you didn't, no he isn't" or "well Obama didn't meet with him on THAT occasion even if you all do converse often" or something like that. He basically had no rebuttal. So the "distance" argument based on that one NYC cited instance fell flat.

Quote:
No, it is not a fact--it is the opposite of a fact, and saying "that is a fact" does not make it any less a blatant lie. The Obama administration is forcing religious institutions to provide contraceptive and abortion drugs through their insurance policies.

He's not forcing the institutions THEMSELVES to provide those things. In America, health insurance can be taken to any number of providers for services and/or medication. When an employer provides health insurance, they shouldn't be allowed to say what medical items an employee can or can't get somewhere outside the employer's walls. Biden told the truth- no religious organization is forced to provide contraceptive and/or abortion drugs. What medical needs an employee has is between him/her and his/her physician, and it's generally none of the employer's business unless the condition will affect the ability to perform the job tasks. They're free to have their religious freedom, they just can't force their religious wishes upon people outside the walls of their establishment.

Quote:
Biden repeated the lie the Obama administration has been telling since before Obamacare passed in 2010: that cuts to Medicare today were savings that extend the life of the program.

Biden told the truth- there are no cuts to recipient benefites in that $716 billion. It is all cuts in waste, cuts to providers. The Medicare debate is necessarily about what Medicare RECIPIENTS receive or don't, will receive or won't. And again, nothing was cut in what Medicare recipients receive. So Ryan (and Romney) trying to infer that recipients had monies taken away from them that they would otherwise have received had not Obama taken the monies is BOGUS. And fact checkers have concluded as much.

I also noticed Ryan didn't even touch the Romney lie about the $5 trillion in tax cuts. Fact checkers have also verified that Romeny's proposed tax cuts IS EQUIVALENT to $5 trillion ($4.8 trillion specifically) over 10 years, and that Romeny has said he would offset that via closing loopholes and eliminating deductions. Nonetheless, the offset IS an offset of a $5 trillion dollar figure, so when Romeny feins that he doesn't know anything about a $5 trillion cut and that his proposal does not have one, he outright lies, but Ryan didn't repeat the lie. Nobody has asked Romney "well what is the amount that the loopholes and deductions will offset" but as awesome as Raddatz was, if Ryan had tried to perpetuate that Romney lie, I believe she would have asked. The $5 trillion in cuts has been verified by economists. And the $716 billion in waste cutting from Medicare has been verified by fact checkers as NOT money being taken from what Medicare recipients receive.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You shouldn't buy anything, including a crystal ball. You should analyze situations and identify instigators. You should recognize who is willing to work with diplomacy versus another in a threatening voice only to appease a certain segment of financiers and voting populace. Nobody enjoys being bullied, or mocked. Forget Iran, we can even look back at Iraq for that. Why do you think we didn't go to war with Iraq in Clinton years, but did under Bush? Clinton wasn't quite a friendly character to Iraq either, and engaged in a manner I see Obama engaging in. You would say, no difference?

When the latter happens, let me know. We do know that Romney/Ryan ticket is more aggressive (proactive) about labeling Iran as a threat, whereas you'd hear Iran from the President/VP only if they are asked specifically about it. Again, I see a big difference.

That is like saying that there are differences between them on tax cuts/increases. Or, since both talking health care reform, there are no differences.

Thats not a different outcome, its just a slight difference in how you get there. And Romney isn't going to go to war with our troops already in Afghanistan. We can fight a war with Iran, but we can't do two at the same time with that war on.
[/quote]

US warns of cyberthreat from Iran - New York News | NYC Breaking News

Obama Says U.S. Will Use Force Vs. Iran If Needed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections