Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Look at that gorgeous hair!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico
Obama loosened Romney's belt, dropped his drawers, and inserted his ....

Yes. Romeny met his new mate. Face down on the mattress.

ADVANAGE Obama, in this debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
That is offensive to both gentlemen.

Yes, it surely is.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:40 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It'll stop Romneys momentum, but I dont expect a bump.. Obama did good, but not good enough to convince people to ignore 4 years.
rift
I predict the "undecided" who were listening will drift towards Obama, after tonight.

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In the CNN SCIENTIFIC Poll Obama 46% Romney 39%

Ouch....I know that's gotta hurt
It does. But, it isn't as skewed as the last debate.

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Why do you expect me to like polls that would allow people to vote multiple times? Why are you having such difficulty with this?
Well then man, tell us which polls you find to be accurate that doesn't allow people to vote multiple times, I would love to know.

And I love hearing you admit Obama won this debate, could you tell me again, it makes me smile.

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Misleading title... I'll say it first. Obama owned Romney

and then you proceeded to nearly make the case that Romney won.

The OP is secretly M. Night Shayamalan and this thread had a twist ending.

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
CNN: 46 Obama Romney: 39

73 said obama did better then expected.
The respondents are 33% Dem, 33 Rep, and 33 supposedly Ind. So assuming all the Reps voted for Romney, and all the Dems voted for Obama, then Obama won 13:3 with INDs. Great night INDeed.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:41 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Interesting.......

Every time I checked Intrade today, they had Obama at around 61% (give or take a percentage point).

Since the debate, he is now up to 65%.

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In the CNN SCIENTIFIC Poll Obama 46% Romney 39%

Ouch....I know that's gotta hurt

That is an overall poll. No break down on specifics. And not that big a win for Obama. Not going to do him any favors as far as undoing damage he did to himself after last debate.

The biggest thing of all is he failed on the economy tonight. So who cares if you think he did better over all. He clearly lost on the key issue

3,887 posts, read 5,748,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
A blog? Keith Poole and Howard Rosenthal are very notable political scientists, but I am sure that your credentials exceed theirs. After all they have only been publishing papers on this topic since at least 1984.
http://voteview.com/The_Polarization...itics_1984.pdf

As for spending, Conservatives love it, if they are not addicted to it. Look at the Conservative icon, Ronald Reagan. He exploded spending and out debt. Look how Republicans treat candidates like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. They lambaste them for their limited government views. Look at how Republican drool over Mitt Romney and his tax plan which he wants to offset tax cuts by defending Big Bird and planned parenthood.

The last two Republicans that were fiscally responsible were Nixon and Eisenhower, who would be labeled commies in the modern day GOP.

The idea that Conservatives care about spending, when they have three decades of exploding the debt is absurd.
do you even understand that there is a difference between conservatives and republicans? Not all republicans are conservatives, and not all conservatives are republicans. I agree there are plenty of republicans that believe in big government, and if you think they have anything to do with the fiscally conservative movement then you need to look around, Liberterians and other fiscally conservative groups are growing daily specifically because the republicans love to spend money.

As for the writers writing for 28 years, that is nice, but that does not change the fact that they can easily decide what criteria to use in their chart to get the desired results.

It is a well known fact that both Reagan and especially Bush tremendously increased spending by the government, with Bush introducing plenty of new government programs and bailouts that no conservative agreed with. Now you want to place a chart showing how conservative they were, are you kidding me? The truth is the last 6 years of his presidency Clinton was much more conservative then Bush was his whole 8 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections