Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you really see what happened last night with Hussein? I guess not since you didn't see him come right out and call Romney a liar. Oh yes, he did just that and my wife came right out of here chair at that one.

I guess you didn't see Hussein fail to answer a question by trying to do his circumvention. It is too bad you failed to see a debate and only saw Hussein behaving like a little kid. Have you failed to hear how many times Hussein interrupted Romney? I forgot you Dems don't count things like that when your boy is the perp.
I have to say, this is a new low for you.
You are talking about the President of the United States.
"Your boy is the perp?" Really?

Unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 09:59 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

Unbelievable.
Cut him some slack, he's just trying to sound hip, so he can relate to the young folks, using them cool new phrases, like who let the dogs out and bling bling

Mitt Romney: Who Let The Dogs Out Bling Bling Baby! - YouTube

Old 10-17-2012, 10:02 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

Unbelievable.
Like Dems showed so much respect for Bush, who was also the President of the United States. In light of the disrespect I saw by the left toward Bush, I feel no guilt saying whatever I want to about Obama. And last I knew we didn't live in a country where you could be thrown in jail for speaking against your leader.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:04 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What's Biden got to do with this debate?
Oh, I don't know. I think I read somewhere that he is running for vice president. Yes! I am quite certain that is what he is doing - he is part of the national presidential ticket for the Democratic Party!

That seems like its sort of important and relevant. I wonder why you don't want to talk about him.

Its OK - though really. If I were a liberal - I'd be embarrassed by the vice president too.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:04 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,175,877 times
Directed towards the OP…

I agree! Romney was not only rude to our president but to the MOD as well..

After Romney’s time was up? He kept going and going..even though he had more than plenty of time to respond, he did not like the fact that our president was refuting his “lies” with actual facts…
Especially during foreign policy, trade and immigration!
Romney back peddled again on Abortion and I insurance paying for BC…Obama set him straight regurgitating his policy and his face held a solid stone fake smile and he turned red and interrupted him yet again!

The moment of truth which was stated to be Romney’s “aha, gotcha” moment was when he stated that our president was nowhere to be found several days after the libya attack?

And when our president stated that he held a conference and made a statement the very next day I the garden room? Stating that these were in fact acts of terror, Romney was so disrespectful and stated our president did not state this,
This is when Candy ( The Moderator) stated “Actually he did” and Obama stated “Please provide the transcript” only then did Romney turn into a bumbling idiot!!

Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_texwalker View Post
Exactly. Not even Ann thinks Mitt cares about "100% of the American people." The Romney campaign needs to beat the drum of bad economic numbers. When they deviate into immigration, entitlements, caring about all Americans, few buy what they have to say.
Agreed. Only a fool would believe that career politicians care about the common man. These people are wealthy and want to maintain if not increase that wealth. What they really care about is power. The 2 parties are in a business and that business is brokering power.
I agree with your analysis of the debate.
Mitt choked. It is that simple. He had ample opprotunity to hammer home good points and he allowed himself to be distracted.

The terror topic. Yes Obama made brief mention about terror but not specifically to what happened in Lybia. He and his minions prefered the video excuse.
Immigration. Obama said no head of line pass. Yet that is exactly what he did. Those of us with loved ones waiting in ine do take offense to rewarding the illegals with a head of line pass. Our wait is measured in years.

Romney totally choked on the equal pay question.
He did ok on the price of gas but could have done so much better.
The sad thing is that it's not like Obama made great points. He simply out blustered his opponent.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,631,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Of course you are a independent. You think that to yourself because it gives you a sense of power doesn't it.

Obama has been offending me by using racism, war on women, and dividing a nation.
What? How did I imply that being Independent gives me a sense of power? It shows that I don't have affiliation toward one party. I vote on the person and the issues, not along party lines. Blame yourself for being so gullible to what the media tells you.

The more I hear some of the outlandish claims from the non-Obama side, the more I want to remove any affiliation I have from those people.

I'm sure you won't (can't) come up with actual facts, but how is he racist? Who is racist against? He's half black, half white and was raised in Hawaii and Indonesia. That background doesn't seem conducive of someone who is racist. I'm also confused on how he's waging a war on women. One of his first pieces of legislation was to sign the Lilly Ledbetter Act, mandating equal pay for women. Unlike Romney/Ryan, he does not want to mandate a woman's right to choose. That doesn't seem like a war against women to me. What "facts" can you use to back up your claim?

The only dividing of this nation I see going on is from people who are letting their personal beliefs mask fact. Take that how you want to. I will not be voting for Mitt Romney. President Barack Obama will be getting the vote of this Coloradan. End of story.

I will not vote for someone who flips back and forth more than Gabrielle Douglas on an Olympic balance beam.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Oh, I don't know. I think I read somewhere that he is running for vice president. Yes! I am quite certain that is what he is doing - he is part of the national presidential ticket for the Democratic Party!

That seems like its sort of important and relevant. I wonder why you don't want to talk about him.

Its OK - though really. If I were a liberal - I'd be embarrassed by the vice president too.
there's a thread about the VP debate, go post your off topic nonsense there.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:09 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
there's a thread about the VP debate, go post your off topic nonsense there.
Stating that Joe Biden is running for vice president is "nonsense"?

Say what?

Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Stating that Joe Biden is running for vice president is "nonsense"?

Say what?
Yeah, to make a post about that on a politics forum is pretty much a waste of forum space, and time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections