Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Romney has claimed often, "I'll create 12 Million Jobs", yet in tonight's debate he was emphatic -

ROMNEY: Government does not create jobs. Government does not create jobs. Source

Interesting.
Clearly, Romney is not planning on being in Govt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
How come Barack Obama gets to say "I ended the war in Iraq, I killed Bin Laden, I saved Detroit, I expanded Oil Production" yet you can't say you built your own business?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
What's the #1 employer in this country?
It shouldn't be. That tells you how bad things really are.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The government 'creates' jobs by taking away high taxes and restrictions, and that will allow the private sector to grow. Hence: Jobs.

It's not rocket science.
Didn't work for Bush. Never will.

You create jobs by building a strong middle class which increases its consumption and keeps money moving.

Demand begets jobs to create supply. Not hiding money offshore or overpaying CEOs.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm
Romney has claimed often, "I'll create 12 Million Jobs", yet in tonight's debate he was emphatic -

ROMNEY: Government does not create jobs. Government does not create jobs. Source

Interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Clearly, Romney is not planning on being in Govt.
Neither of you understand or care to understand what Obama and Romney are saying. Both another example of the left who can not think past what Obama preaches. Government does not create jobs but it can pass policies that causes a reduction in PRIVATE SECTOR jobs.

Example: Coal Company
declared one of his energy goals was to “bankrupt” the coal industry by making electricity prices “skyrocket.” Since Obama's election, the president has tried at every turn and succeeded to make that goal a reality — ardently supporting a cap-and-trade national energy tax and imposing onerous regulations on coal production.

Government can cause reduction or increase in PRIVATE SECTOR jobs.

Obama wants to KILL private sector jobs. The evidence is all around us.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How come Barack Obama gets to say "I ended the war in Iraq, I killed Bin Laden, I saved Detroit, I expanded Oil Production" yet you can't say you built your own business?

Still clinging to that blatant misrepresentation/misinterpretation of what was said, eh? Being that the GOP built their entire convention on it, I'm not surprised. Saddened a bit, but unsurprised.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:22 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Cool lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Example: Coal Company
declared one of his energy goals was to “bankrupt” the coal industry by making electricity prices “skyrocket.” Since Obama's election, the president has tried at every turn and succeeded to make that goal a reality — ardently supporting a cap-and-trade national energy tax and imposing onerous regulations on coal production.

Sounds like Romney's screwed. He's admitted Government can't create jobs.

And the truth shall set the Republicans free.

Until they come whining to collect their 12 Million jobs...lol

Old 10-17-2012, 01:47 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,153,483 times
The onus is on the candidates when it comes to job creation when they state I will create jobs. You can run a platform on you creating jobs (as both men knows government can't create jobs unless there's an open position in a government office). Sadly most people do not know that which is why they keep harping about them creating jobs. It's the same at the state level as well. Ohio Governor touting the jobs he's created but Chris Christie blames the President for the jobs that were lost in New Jersey. People just buy into that rhetoric because it sounds good and people need someone to blame when things go wrong so the candidates take the kudos when things go right.

Ultimately, policy isn't so vastly different from decade to decade to adequately say it's bad for business. There's been worse policy on record with greater financial result. Rarely is it the actual policy especially in today's economic climate of greed above all others. Today, the problems are greed, not policy. The first Bush tax cuts, allowed people esp. the wealthy and job producers to keep more of their money. Instead of putting back in their business, they put it in their pocket and that trend has only continued and gotten worse. As an example look at the financial industry bailout. Not once, but twice did companies like AIG come crawling to the taxpayers for a bailout because they were "too big to fail." Not once, but twice did a company like AIG take taxpayer money to help them stay solvent turn around and lavish their executive teams and this has happened across the board as AIG wasn't the only one using it to make uber bonuses to the top 1%.

Call it a class warfare if you want but in a capitalistic society with finite resources, in order for the haves to have more, the have nots have to have less and we are in that stage at this very moment.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:20 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And yet, this "problem solver" you believe in, would prefer to be dishonest about it and claim it has basically been due to Obama's policies. Why lie, when you have ideas that were never implemented since the 1980s when the bleeding accelerated? Perhaps because his "problem solving" utilized that bleeding for success?
Romney's problem solving revolves around a mindset centered in opportunism. People matter only in the grand scheme of input vs. output. The lives of the common folk mean nothing. They have a safety net, which Ryan would gladly cut.

Romney's purpose is to increase the efficiency of the vacuum.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:46 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh the cute, ignorant slogan "We Built It", strikes again. The new "Drill Baby Drill".

It is why people should not rely on commentators to do the thinking for them. If they have any integrity and self-respect, that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections