Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 08:48 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times

Advertisements

4 more years is what we need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
4 more years is what we need.
Why?

Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Romney has no vision that doesn't involve him saying what the most popular thing to say at the the time happens to be.

His opinion can be bought and paid for. Newsflash for to Romney/Ryan and all their supporters:

America is a country, not a company to be played like Monopoly.

While I do admire Romney's tenacity and effort he put forth, I don't think it's going to be good enough to oust President Obama.

Who knows, I could be wrong, but signs point to another 4 years of a Democratic President.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why?
I don't trust Mitt Romney. He may be a nice guy, but I don't trust him. The more I'm exposed to him, the less I feel he is sincere and honest.

Also, Obama has done good for me thus far. No reason to change when I've been benefited.

If you've been screwed over by Obama, then vote against him. It's that simple.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
I don't trust Mitt Romney. He may be a nice guy, but I don't trust him. The more I'm exposed to him, the less I feel he is sincere and honest.

Also, Obama has done good for me thus far. No reason to change when I've been benefited.

If you've been screwed over by Obama, then vote against him. It's that simple.
By that logic, Obama shouldn't get a single vote. He's managed to screw over the entire population of the U.S. by passing Obamacare, but nobody that hasn't read it can see how bad the screwing is. Once it actually takes effect, I expect to see about 80% of Americans scratching their heads and wondering what the hell hit them.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,139,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
By that logic, Obama shouldn't get a single vote. He's managed to screw over the entire population of the U.S. by passing Obamacare, but nobody that hasn't read it can see how bad the screwing is. Once it actually takes effect, I expect to see about 80% of Americans scratching their heads and wondering what the hell hit them.
I'll agree. I float more liberal, but Obamacare isn't that great. I don't think people should be forced to spend oney on healthcare if they don't want to.

With that being said, that isn't just reason to vote for Romney...Romney just flip flops on issues too much and it worries me if he is that confused when important decisions will be made.

I think however, no matter who is president, the economy will stabilize and get better in the next 4 years.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:10 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,546 times
We need to not only elect obama but also rid the house of republicans and turn over congress to the democrats to have real hope and change and a better future.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Well, by that logic, Obama would fetch 20% of the vote.

Your opinion is no better than mine. The ACA has already saved my family and I money. I have no reason to hate it, or the people who authored it.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
We need to not only elect obama but also rid the house of republicans and turn over congress to the democrats to have real hope and change and a better future.
Oh yes - like the "hope and change" we had during the first two years of the Obama Administration - when the president and Democrat Congress doubled the debt, destroyed our credit rating, increased unemployment, and eroded our prestige in the world.

Yes - lets have four more years of that.

The only thing that kept us from a total meltdown is a Republican controlled House.

Thank goodness for the elections of 2010!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Your opinion is no better than mine. The ACA has already saved my family and I money. I have no reason to hate it, or the people who authored it.
People opposed to PPACA do not hate anybody who authored the bill.

Do you not understand that it is possible to oppose a bill without "hating" the people who introduced or voted for it?

If not - no wonder you are deluded by that montrosity of a law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections