Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 01:17 AM

484 posts, read 854,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Congratulations to Tammy Baldwin and the state of Wisconsin.
congrats she is not LYING about her sexual feelings. Maybe that tells us something about her political role - she is HONEST with herself -she can do a HONEST job for her state and us .

Old 11-07-2012, 01:19 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How EXACTLY do we identify a gay person? What characteristic is it that makes one gay?
Usually the fact that they're attracted to and/or date the same sex is a fair clue.

This isn't about identifying gay people anyway, it's about why her sexual orientation is being mentioned - and the answer to that has already been clearly offered.

Quote:
Again....I honestly don't care what your sexual choices are. I don't care if you're gay or straight. it's none of my business. Stop trying to bully me into validating your life choices and let's learn to live and let live, ok?
I'm straight, so will assume you are using the general "you/your" here. Who exactly is bullying you into validating their "life choices" (being gay isn't a choice, FYI), and how would that even be evident? Do you think by allowing them certain rights you are therefore agreeing with their lives? I don't agree with Christianity, but support Christians' right to practice their religion freely; I don't like alcohol, but support keeping it legal; I agree with very few of the Republicans' views, but still support their right to vote & express themselves; and so forth. Get my point yet?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:20 AM

488 posts, read 412,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
congrats she is not LYING about her sexual feelings. Maybe that tells us something about her political role - she is HONEST with herself -she can do a HONEST job for her state and us .
Eww...wishful thinking...ewww.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
She it or he should keep their habits private..why do we need to know what they do?
Unless I missed some speech where she discusses her sex life, you/we don't know what she DOES - we only know her orientation, which is merely a state of being. We probably know more about the sex lives of Romney & Obama, given that they're married with children... LOTS of children in the former's case, so we know he's been getting busy!

Old 11-07-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
Eww...wishful thinking...ewww.
and there are sooooooo many who LIE about it EWWWWWWWWWWW to liars

Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's convenient when the libs can whine and moan and groan and try to bully us around but when we actually say "hey....that's not good".....we get called hatemongers and get told to take our religion elsewhere.
She didn't say "hey, that's not good," she was proselytizing... and as a former mod, I agree that belongs on the religion forum. What does it have to do with electing an openly gay Senator?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:38 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Admitting that I am a sinner in need of a loving savior
Your "need" is just that, your need. You shouldn't ask or expect others to share your need. Nor should you pass judgment on those who don't.

I'm hetrosexual and according to you I've been sinning for as long as I can remember. If that's the case, I've enjoyed so many of those sins. I'll wait for the so-called Judgement Day.

If you want to cut back on your daily sins, stop judging people. Did your God tell you "judge not and you will not be judged"?

I have found that the worst sinners are those that "turn themselves over to God". They convince themselves that whatever sin they commit will be forgiven, so no need to take responsibility for their "sins".

Last edited by softblueyz; 11-07-2012 at 01:47 AM..

Old 11-07-2012, 02:52 AM

Was Jesus married? Sure he had intimate desires all humans do , dont they?

And all those pedophile priests? that HAVE been caught........

again rather see a open politician than one who hides and lies about it.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:05 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
You are incorrect!

Gerry Studds 1972
Barney Frank 1981
Jared Polis 2008
Uh- Barney Frank has always been a Congressman, never a Senator. Just like John Boener, he wouldn't take a Senate job for anything- senior Representatives love the action of the House like a cat loves chasing squirrels.
And he announced his retirement at the end of his present term many months ago.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:06 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Dad marry his daughter (as long as they are 18 and consenting)? Mom and son, mom and daughter? Brother and sister? Anyone, right?
The old slippery slope fallacy. Try again, that's old and busted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections