Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:00 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,547,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Are right wingers really proud that sore losers are using the American flag in an attempt to emulate a toddler throwing a hissy fit?
Some liberal business owners did this while GWB was president. Not defending the restaurant. I think it's stupid. The owner of the chain may have some words with the restaurant manager about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 03:00 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,912,624 times
That outlet will no doubt lose their franchise license once corporate finds out. The franchise contracts almost always demand franchisees stay the hell out of politics because corporate doesn't want their brand image damaged. That's just smart business as anyone can see looking at how Chick-fil-a got so damaged.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:01 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,327,294 times
A few thoughts....

1. He is probably going to be in big trouble with McDonald's Corp

2. Pretty pathetic to act as if the country is coming to an end because you don't like the choice of president

3. If people put this much time into productive pursuits, we'd all end up better

Old 11-07-2012, 03:02 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,327,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
1/2 the voters voted AGAINST him. And since those who voted against him were almost entirely the productive class, I could care less that BO is a favorite of the parasitic classes.
You have any proof yet?

Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,547,446 times
Oh,
For the record, I put up my American flag the day before the election and will keep it flying for the week. Hate the man, not the country.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:04 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,665,428 times
Obviously it's within the owner's freedom of speech to do this. I can't help but recall, however, that it is very common for right wingers on these boards to complain about it when liberals do things relating to flag display to make a political point.

I guess consistency isn't a value you guys strive for.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:04 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,686,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
Now this is what you call making a statement. A flag flying at half-mast signifies mourning; a flag being flown upside down means distress.

https://www.facebook.com/WTOV9

It is the death of the nation. I think it is entirely appropriate. I took down the American flag from my home and threw it away.

$24 trillion in debt means the fiscal end of the nation. After Obama's four years, 94% of the budget will be used to service the debt as well as pay for medicare, social security, welfare and medicaid. The remaining 6% is for everything else.

Within ten years of Obama's last term, states will be forced to seek options to avoid crushing fiscal debt and risk of social unrest for its citizens. The only choice will be secession.

We were headed in a downward spiral for the last 20 years and Obama just finished us off more quickly.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:05 PM

24,011 posts, read 15,106,139 times
Flying any nation's flag upside down is an international distress signal.

Any ship flying their flag upside down is in trouble and asking for help.

I question the McDonald owner's judgement.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:07 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
1/2 the voters voted AGAINST him. And since those who voted against him were almost entirely the productive class, I could care less that BO is a favorite of the parasitic classes.
I'm not sure if you realize how patently ridiculous this statement is. Most who supported Romney are the bible thumping Mississippi/Texas rednecks.

The top 10 wealthiest counties in the country all went to Obama. They are extremely productive and well educated.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:08 PM

414 posts, read 345,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
That outlet will no doubt lose their franchise license once corporate finds out. The franchise contracts almost always demand franchisees stay the hell out of politics because corporate doesn't want their brand image damaged. That's just smart business as anyone can see looking at how Chick-fil-a got so damaged.
This is one of the reasons why I hold McD’s stock. They not only do not allow EBT’s but the board is full of conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections