Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:28 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,509,923 times

Advertisements

From WiKi Answers:
Quote:

The Constitutional requirements to be president are:
1. be at least 35 years old
2. be a natural-born US citizen*
3. live in the US for 14 years.

* The Constitution specifically states that one must be a "natural-born" US citizen not "native-born." "natural born " is not defined by the Constitution and has not definitively been defined by the Supreme Court but is generally interpreted to mean either born in US territory or born of US citizens (see the Related Link below on US Code Title 8 for more information).

The exact words from the Constitution in Article II, Section 1, Clause 5:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States. "

The 22nd amendment gives an additional requirement in that it makes a person ineligible for president if he had already been twice elected president or has been elected once and also served more than two years of a term to which he was not elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 05:23 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,282,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
I feel like a quarter pounder with cheese. Super size me.
That's exactly what it will do.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:27 PM

13,714 posts, read 9,043,037 times
Boy, a lot of postings concerning some minimum wage kid putting up the flag wrong at a McDonalds.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:18 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,492,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Boy, a lot of postings concerning some minimum wage kid putting up the flag wrong at a McDonalds.
if vegas was taking bets i'd put my money on it being the owner ( from what little i've read ).

Old 11-08-2012, 06:24 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,596,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Are right wingers really proud that sore losers are using the American flag in an attempt to emulate a toddler throwing a hissy fit?
I am a proud republican....guess you would call me a 'right winger.'

To answer your question, no, I am not proud. While I did not vote for Obama and honestly don't want to call him my president, it is terrible for a national company like McDonald's to make such a statement.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,156,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I am a proud republican....guess you would call me a 'right winger.'

To answer your question, no, I am not proud. While I did not vote for Obama and honestly don't want to call him my president, it is terrible for a national company like McDonald's to make such a statement.
Omg! Alert the press! One of the first reasonable post-election republicans on this forum. Props for not being a sore loser.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Omg! Alert the press! One of the first reasonable post-election republicans on this forum. Props for not being a sore loser.
Well I am not a poor loser at all, thank you very much!

While I did NOT vote for Obama, I do realize that we all need to see the election is over and it is time to work together. This country needs a lot of help and both sides need to work together.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:40 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,156,575 times
Quote:
Well I am not a poor loser at all, thank you very much!

While I did NOT vote for Obama, I do realize that we all need to see the election is over and it is time to work together. This country needs a lot of help and both sides need to work together.
Too bad many people who share your ideology will attempt to not work with the president for pride reasons.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Too bad many people who share your ideology will attempt to not work with the president for pride reasons.
It is to bad and I can only hope they change their minds. However, I can only do my part and try not to judge others at this point. I fought hard for Romney and he lost so it is time to move on.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:52 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,492,813 times
Quote:
.... it is terrible for a national company like McDonald's to make such a statement.
it was not from corporate mcdonald's. it was a single location whose owner now claims was due to a malfunction ( i'm not buying her excuse).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections