Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:44 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
a flag being flown upside down means distress.
We don't know when the photo was taken, the reason the flag appears as it does, but people have the right to express themseves as they wish as long as they're not harming others. However, the franchise owner mayfeel the full brunt of "distress" if McDonalds revolks his franchise and awards it to someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 03:50 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
What a menace. Now someone from corporate is going to have to take the time out to make a statement about this decision by the owner not reflecting the view of McDonalds. Someone must have called the owner, there is a comment saying he is now claiming that the pulley was broken and this was an accident...smh. Really people, just because the person you voted for does not win the election, it isn't the end of the world. The president has limited power, I am not crying over the Republicans maintaining the house majority. Get over it.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times
It could be the truth. There is a Burger King on my commute that has a HUGE US flag, maybe 40-50 long by 20 ft high that is faded and in tatters. I always thought that kind of thing was improper but these fast food chains don't seem to care.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:57 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
What a menace. Now someone from corporate is going to have to take the time out to make a statement about this decision by the owner not reflecting the view of McDonalds. Someone must have called the owner, there is a comment saying he is now claiming that the pulley was broken and this was an accident...smh. Really people, just because the person you voted for does not win the election, it isn't the end of the world. The president has limited power, I am not crying over the Republicans maintaining the house majority. Get over it.
You've got to love social media. The Facebook page listed the phone numbers of the corporate offices of McDonald's, and many, many people posting there said they called to register their complaints. I wouldn't be surprised if that "mistake" by the franchisee was remedied pretty quickly following a call from the corporate office.

It's a new world.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:01 PM

341 posts, read 641,674 times
SHAME OF THEM!! Disgusting!

Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Let me guess....Mitt Buttons son Tagg did this....Does Tagg still want to take a swing at the President?

Old 11-07-2012, 04:03 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
Lame excuse. He was probably threatened.
she, and i agree, it is a lame excuse and she probably was facing consequences from the corporate office.

a flag cable getting jammed up in the pulley half way down i could understand. but then how do you flip the flag in an attempt to fix it and not see that a blatantly asymmetrical flag is upside down?

Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
damn...... $1-2 million dollars cash in hand to start a McD franchise. got a little distracted trying to find a franchisee procedural guidelines.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:11 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Oh,
For the record, I put up my American flag the day before the election and will keep it flying for the week. Hate the man, not the country.
How about hate the system, not the man or the country.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:21 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesmartela View Post
All flying the flag upside down means is DISTRESS.Thats all.As a Army Soldier i so would love to where our flag upside down but some would not get it.President Obama or not. We are in distress.
Nice that you disrespect YOUR Commander-in-Chief. Don't they court-martial soldiers for things like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections