Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 10:37 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
The problem with your analysis is that Romney won the much covented Independant vote.
BARELY won that.

With Latino's plus 44% Dems, and a 10% voting block, and women +11 Dems, the reality is, unless that changes (and apparently the GOP is relying on magic to change that), it will be necessary to win independents by a few DOZEN points in future years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 11:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
In 2012, the Cleavers are not a majority of America.

So one can think it should be, stamp their feet, and whine, but if one does not wish to go the way of the dinosaur, one must modify their approach drastically.
No;they are more like Homer simpson;your right. Which si why they are way behind i ranking of education;even graduatig hgih scholo or able to compete with a chiense peasant anymore in the turned the screwdriver the right way contest. Also explains why the top 10% get richer and the bottom gets poorer.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:22 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
The biggest thing the republicans need to do is drop their rhetoric, that being mostly the tea party. You guys can keep talking about your core principles and having a better candidate to communicate your conservative beliefs, but as long as you have those wackos in your party, your messgae is going to get manipulated, spun, and thrown back in your face.
And the biggest thing democrats need to do is realize there are crazies in both parties. Talk about wackos, you guys have the nutjob who fears Guam will tip over if too many military people live there. And, of course, you have JoeBiden. How wacko can one get?

I'm not terribly worried. One of two things will happen:

1. America will simply destroy itself and in history books, be known as the youngest country ever to commit suicide.

or

2. Come to its senses in the nick of time.

I actually think #1 is the likely result. There will be nobody out there to bail us out. In keeping with the old bit of wisdom, "you can't fix stupid," America has become a petulant child.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:45 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And the biggest thing democrats need to do is realize there are crazies in both parties. Talk about wackos, you guys have the nutjob who fears Guam will tip over if too many military people live there. And, of course, you have JoeBiden. How wacko can one get?

I'm not terribly worried. One of two things will happen:

1. America will simply destroy itself and in history books, be known as the youngest country ever to commit suicide.

or

2. Come to its senses in the nick of time.

I actually think #1 is the likely result. There will be nobody out there to bail us out. In keeping with the old bit of wisdom, "you can't fix stupid," America has become a petulant child.

Only half of America is petulant, Dale. And that half will get over it soon enough.
There is nothing I can see that is an imminent threat of America's destruction. The hit we took in 2008 hit the entire world, and we are recovering faster and better than a lot of Europe. Our currency is stable, unlike China's, and we actually have gained labor and manufacturing advantages over China; all that is left to be done is re-building, and we are in better shape now for re-building to happen.

Sure- we still have hard times ahead, but they will be overcome, just as we always overcome our troubles. We aren't going to destroy ourself or commit suicide (whatever you mean by that). I see the glass still being half full. When push comes to shove, what country is better at the nick of time action than America? Can you name another that is better? I can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections