Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 06:30 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times

Advertisements

o won by a mudslide.

He kept the office by:

1. Successfully keeping the truth about Benghazi well hidden. Top people are running away but fast on this one.

2. Looking like he gave **** after a hurricane. Looked presidential for 15 minutes standing next to Christie.

3. Keeping the story of the Iranian shoot down attempt under wraps during the waning days of his campaign. Classified my ass.

You elected him. He's yours. I don't have to respect him or the office he has sullied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
It was no landslide. From looking at the numbers the only area there is a mandate for is immigration reform. The difference between the 2004 and 2012 elections was the hispanic vote. Obamacare actually hurt Obama's re-election bid.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Popular vote

Obama 2008: 69,456,897 Obama 2012: 60,193,076

Whoa!!! Where did everybody go?
According to Michael Medved the Obama campaign set new records in numbers of negative ads. Negative ads tend to supress turnout, since people become fed up. In this election increased turnout favored the R's and decreased turnout favored D's.

Give Obama, Axelrod, and Plouffe credit. Their strategy was smart, and it worked.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
. The difference between the 2004 and 2012 elections was the hispanic vote.
which will create ever increasing Democratic margins. 12 million voted this year, 5+ million Democratic edge, and it will be at least 14 million voting by 2016.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It was no landslide. From looking at the numbers the only area there is a mandate for is immigration reform. The difference between the 2004 and 2012 elections was the hispanic vote. Obamacare actually hurt Obama's re-election bid.
Except that Obama cannot possibly improve the economy and create jobs for the American people AND eliminate all the immigration laws and give all the jobs to all who will come to get in on his big amnesty.

Obama was missing almost 10 million votes from 2008 to 2012 --- sure he won the votes of the illegals who now expect their amnesty -- but there are significant numbers of Americans who turned out to vote for him in 2008 who were missing in action this election. Since Obama added at least 2 million votes of illegals to his count in 2012, that would mean 12 million Americans chose not to vote for him.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
which will create ever increasing Democratic margins. 12 million voted this year, 5+ million Democratic edge, and it will be at least 14 million voting by 2016.
Contrary to popular liberal opinion, the US election is not determined only by the illegal immigrants.

There are Americans who vote also -- and the liberals need to wonder what happened to at least 12 million American voters -- they didn't show up this year to place their votes for Obama.

If Obama gains 5 million more hispanic votes because he gives them their big amnesty -- but loses 12 million more American votes -- then he could lose -- especially if the disillusioned and unemployed and highly taxed Americans decide to vote Republican.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:51 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Not even close with the electoral college.
I'd like to see the electoral college eliminated. It is outdated and no longer serves the purpose for which it was established. It hasn't for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
o won by a mudslide.

He kept the office by:

1. Successfully keeping the truth about Benghazi well hidden. Top people are running away but fast on this one.

2. Looking like he gave **** after a hurricane. Looked presidential for 15 minutes standing next to Christie.

3. Keeping the story of the Iranian shoot down attempt under wraps during the waning days of his campaign. Classified my ass.

You elected him. He's yours. I don't have to respect him or the office he has sullied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The popular vote showed it was close.

But it was the right 59 million people, living in the right place that got him re-elected.
30% of eligible voters decided our fate for the next 4 years.
See my comment above about eliminating the electoral college.

By the way, Obama visited Ohio some 80 times (probably some of it on taxpayer dime). Remember, he started campaiging as soon as he was inaugurated.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:59 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh, I so enjoyed reading this post. Thank you.
Oh, you are so welcome. I am glad you are enjoying my posts. I know we both are enjoying the Repub meltdown and shock as well. Their denial is just the cherry on top.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:13 PM

395 posts, read 458,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Oh, you are so welcome. I am glad you are enjoying my posts. I know we both are enjoying the Repub meltdown and shock as well. Their denial is just the cherry on top.

Denial of what?

Old 11-09-2012, 07:13 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If Obama gains 5 million more hispanic votes because he gives them their big amnesty -- but loses 12 million more American votes -- then he could lose -- especially if the disillusioned and unemployed and highly taxed Americans decide to vote Republican.
If the mainstream GOP is allowed to run as mainstream Repubs from the first day of the primaries on, the GOP would have a chance.

But first they must be released from their hostage taker-the Tea Party.

BTW, illegals do not vote. the Hispanic landslide against the GOP was a vote of citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections