Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you think its conservatives that re-elected Obama?

There was no $2T defense increase under Romney, it was actually a CUT IN THE GROWTH RATE.

Tax cuts, yes, grow the economy, just like Clinton did. but you guys pretend thats a foreign concept.. I guess under Obama it is, but you voted for the dumb ass..
Actually it was the Democrat base and the Independent support that re-elected Obama, Romney failed to drum up support from the Independents.

Anyway, I am sure you will continue to spout the same garbage for the next four years and I am officially bored with you and moving on, been fun, and maybe I will rag you in four years when you watch the next Republican go down in flames like Romney and McCain did (which I actually liked McCain and wished he would of beat out Bush in 2000, I would of voted for him then.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Exclamation lol...

More whining from the neocon Republican'ts?

Gee, I wonder why we needed a stimulus package in the first place. Let's see - the economy was cratered, the financial system was a trainwreck and we were losing hundreds of thousands of jobs before the current President took office.

Where was all the whining and teeth gnashing when the GOP Administration mailed checks directly to the public to stimulate the economy?

Odd, I don't remember all of this whining when Ryan was crowing before Congress about how a stimulus was badly needed to promote job growth under the Republican Administration.

Cry us a river.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
An unfunded future (potential) liability is NOT a debt.

Dude, get up to speed. American's current PERSONAL NET WORTH is about $65 trillion, 75% of that is held by the top 10% the bottom 50% owns 1%. The debt is just over $16 trillion. Using real math, not the kind you R's like to use to feel better, $49 trillion is more than $16 trillion.

Still hung over from that nasty drubbing you guys took in Mahoning county???? LOL, I guess that 90% turnout you predicted didn't help ya.
So youre saying people who paid into Social Security, dont expect repayment? If its not a liability, then why does the Social Security administration keep track of it?

Come on, stop playing a fool..

Last edited by pghquest; 11-12-2012 at 07:30 PM..

Old 11-12-2012, 07:19 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Nah, we will implement liberal policies like raising taxes to where they need to be to support our country, and especially to care for the elderly and to provide a sensible safety net, as well as environmental protection,research and development, education, infrastructure, a sensibly strong military, etc. Tax rates should be indexed to GDP and demographic needs. Sometimes we have more older folks, like now. That is not a time to gut the system. Tax cuts for billionaires will have to get the heave ho. Grover Norquist can move to Somalia.

Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Denmark, Canada and a bunch of other countries are far left of what liberals want, and they are not going bankrupt.
Can we at least kill big bird? PBS? It's a 440 million dollar start. I can think of a few hungry, cold, and needy people in the hurricane affected area that could use that. Let's ask them? What say you chilly new yawkers? Big bits or a warm meal in a warm dry swelling?

Just spitballing here but, smart money says big bird is what's for breakfast.....440 million for PBS and big bird....annually.....you on the left who care for all fellow Americans, let's say we all do the right thing and whack big bird and PBS and spend it on the cold and recently made homeless....it won't cover it all but, it's a start. I know you want to do this because you care. What say you auto workers in Michigan and Ohio and Wisconsin? They helped you so don't you think you should take a dozen or so of your vacations, sick, personal days and help your fellow man?

Think about that...I know you hate logical cuts like this that involve humanity but, give it some thought. Betraeus will occupy a few news cycles so hurry up and vote.

Kill big bird and PBS to save and help humans after the hurricane or f em and make yo day go bedder....can I get an Amen? While prayer is nice, I think they would rather have some food and a blanket...big bird can go the way of his cousin, the dodo.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually it was the Democrat base and the Independent support that re-elected Obama, Romney failed to drum up support from the Independents.

Anyway, I am sure you will continue to spout the same garbage for the next four years and I am officially bored with you and moving on, been fun, and maybe I will rag you in four years when you watch the next Republican go down in flames like Romney and McCain did (which I actually liked McCain and wished he would of beat out Bush in 2000, I would of voted for him then.)
Translation, you will continue to act like your 5 for the next 4 years.. Well dont worry, I wouldnt expect anything less from you.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
So youre saying people who paid into Social Security, dont expect repayment?

Come on, stop playing a fool..
You're going to buy a few more vehicles over your lifetime, are they current debts or are they potential future expenditures. You MIGHT buy dozens of them and you might die tomorrow. What's your future liability?

One small fix to SS today wipes away any potential liability 50 or 75 years from now and you know it. Get in the real world, that echo chamber is rotting your brain.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
You're going to buy a few more vehicles over your lifetime, are they current debts or are they potential future expenditures. You MIGHT buy dozens of them and you might die tomorrow. What's your future liability?

One small fix to SS today wipes away any potential liability 50 or 75 years from now and you know it. Get in the real world, that echo chamber is rotting your brain.
Um, when I buy a few more vehicles, the debt that would be generated ARE DEBTS.. The fact that someone might pay for them over a period of time, doesnt mean its not a debt.

Your future liability is the amount of the LOAN DOCUMENT YOU AGREE TO PAY FOR.. The fact that you might die, doesnt mean the debt disappears.

Are you now suggesting we kill everyone over 65, just so there wont be social security obligations. My god man, how dumb can you get?

Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Why do you keep repeated that nonsense. The personal wealth of this country is enormous and could wipe out the national debt overnight and fully fund the government for years.

American Wealth Is Actually Still Ridiculously Enormous -- It's The Government That's Broke - Business Insider
Quote:
An unfunded future (potential) liability is NOT a debt.

Dude, get up to speed. American's current PERSONAL NET WORTH is about $65 trillion, 75% of that is held by the top 10% the bottom 50% owns 1%. The debt is just over $16 trillion. Using real math, not the kind you R's like to use to feel better, $49 trillion is more than $16 trillion.

Still hung over from that nasty drubbing you guys took in Mahoning county???? LOL, I guess that 90% turnout you predicted didn't help ya.
there is one small problem with your posts, and that is the fact that you are talking about what are essentially paper assets with nothing to back them up. yes we could take the mansions of the rich, and many houses of the upper middle class, but where is the money going to come from when those items are to be sold to pay off the governments debts? and you have another small problem and that is the constitution and private property rights. and that means that if the government wanted to take those things, they would have to actually PAY for them, so where is the money going to come from for that?

the best the government could do is tax the people at 100% of their income to pay off the national debt, but them how are the people going to support themselves? more government handouts?

in the end the government is going to have to get fiscally responsible and cut spending, reform the tax code and the regulations and get back to a business friendly environment if we are going to grow our way out of our problems. band aids like high taxation, and confiscation isnt going to do much as the underlying problems remain.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Looks to me that the right responded with "cuts". The left responded with name calling, pointing the finger at Romney, taking all assets of the rich, even their hard assets, denial and more name calling and then threw in a few election stats.

Resembles how Congress works

Old 11-12-2012, 08:01 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,970,319 times
Quote:
how will we NOT have to resort back to a conservative platform of cutting and balancing the budget?
The Republican Party does not really believe in balancing the budget. They believe in replacing domestic and social spending with defense spending. They will always jack up defense spending more and more. That is exactly what their great hero Reagan did, and that is what Romney was proposing with his $2 trillion more than the military requested. They are deficit spenders just like dens. They just want to stiff the common American so they can build and feed their global military footprint, their empire. That is exactly why they slammed Ron Paul and refused him the chance to speak at the convention that he had earned by the delegates he won in the primaries.

Repubs aren't really interested in balancing the budget except for the Paul followers. Paul Ryan spoke on balancing the budget with even cutting Pentagon waste and the Repub power brokers chided him and made him back down that comment. More and more defense spending regardless of budget- that is what they believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections