Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 09:37 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
how could we forget him? Well, I think most on here were not even born when he was the ever ready battery that just would not stop running.

At last someone whos political memory extends beyond 2012. Stassen was actually a good man and a competent Governor of Minnesota!

Now do you remember Patrick Layton Paulsen? Presidential timber if there ever was one! "This is cow number one and this is cow number two, These are two cows." "A lot of people are shooting off their mouths about gun control" "We can say Ronald Reagan is a lousy actor but we can't say he is a lousy Governor, Which is ridiculous, We know he is a good actor!", "I will give every American a gun and send him off to war where at least he will have a fighting chance".

Last edited by mwruckman; 11-13-2013 at 09:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
She was a good shill but there was times where she had her ears pinned back with facts about Romney and would leave the thread never to return. There are things that obnoxious talking points can not cover up, I loved when that happened.
During one exchange she and I had, she was talking about how ticked off she was that the right was using Romney's Mormonism against him, and how religion should play no part in politics. I pointed out to her that that was the party SHE was supporting. She finally conceded that after the primary, she was going to change her registration to Independent because she couldn't tolerate being associated with the backwards thinkers who had taken over the GOP. I considered that a big win.

She may have been a shill, but she was definitely not a fan of the Tea Party. I suspect many people who call themselves Independents these days are former Republicans just like her. And I suspect they would return to the GOP if/when the extremists are ousted from power.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
At last someone whos political memory extends beyond 2012. Stassen was actually a good man and a competent Governor of Minnesota!

Now do you remember Patrick Layton Paulsen? Presidential timber if there ever was one! "This is cow number one and this is cow number two, These are two cows." "A lot of people are shooting off their mouths about gun control" "We can say Ronald Reagan is a lousy actor but we can't say he is a lousy Governor, Which is ridiculous, We know he is a good actor!", "I will give every American a gun and send him off to war where at least he will have a fighting chance".
I don't know: I think he was a good actor, look how well he handled Bozo!!!

Old 11-14-2013, 10:26 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't know: I think he was a good actor, look how well he handled Bozo!!!

I think todays generation are really living a deprived existence for although they have iphones they never knew, The Smothers Brothers, Rowan and Martin, Soupy Sales or Ernie Kovacks. How many remember The Nairobi Trio or Percy Dovetonsils.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
I think todays generation are really living a deprived existence for although they have iphones they never knew, The Smothers Brothers, Rowan and Martin, Soupy Sales or Ernie Kovacks. How many remember The Nairobi Trio or Percy Dovetonsils.
We are getting off track, but you are so right. There are a lot of advantages living today, like better medical advancements, keeping us alive and active longer, we have better cars, more conveniences, but there were many positive aspects of grown up 50 or 60 plus years ago, that today's young people will never know.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:53 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
No, he doesn't have what it takes (other than his looks and great family life).

I remember all during his campaigning last year, I waited to see some passion in him. He seemed to be holding back. I really wanted him to get the liar in chief out of office, so he can influence government to leave us alone.

He doesn't connect with people and that's important and that lost it for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections