Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 01:51 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,539,370 times

Advertisements

Silly, silly thread.
Cruz will never be a serious candidate for the White House. I live in one of the reddest precincts in one of the reddest states, and even here no one takes him seriously.

That said, I hope the Cruz-heads continue to push him, it's entertaining to watch how far some people take him seriously. In my own political dream world, he'd win the presidential nomination, because he'd go down in flames no matter whom his opponent.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Silly, silly thread.
Cruz will never be a serious candidate for the White House. I live in one of the reddest precincts in one of the reddest states, and even here no one takes him seriously.

That said, I hope the Cruz-heads continue to push him, it's entertaining to watch how far some people take him seriously. In my own political dream world, he'd win the presidential nomination, because he'd go down in flames no matter whom his opponent.
So you have surveyed everyone in your precinct and can aver that "no one" takes him seriously? You must live in the best informed precinct in America, because most people I talk to have never heard of him, or if they have, know little about him.

A prediction is not really a cogent argument. Anyone can make a prediction about any thing. Many predicted that Reagan would never become president. He was too far right. He was an ultraconservative. People ridiculed the idea that Obama would become president. A guy barely removed from the Illinois state Senate whose name rhymed with 'Osama?' No way!

Old 01-22-2015, 07:03 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
we've got some tea party members claiming that cruz isn't eligible ( see comments ):

Why Ted Cruz is The Only Option in 2016 - The Last Resistance
He is qualified and that has ben beaten to death like Obama being Born in Kenya (Covered up well too).

Liberals can not debate Cruz because he always returns back to the facts. This will be a full personal assault, not a debate on Cruzes positions.
It sad the left has only that to counter a good Candidate and a faithful public servant.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:32 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
He is qualified and that has ben beaten to death like Obama being Born in Kenya (Covered up well too).
Man, I'm going to miss you birthers after 2016. You are always, without fail, good for a laugh. Thanks for six great years of entertainment.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:59 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
.....like Obama being Born in Kenya (Covered up well too).

Quote:
It sad the left has only that to counter a good Candidate and a faithful public servant.
if you haven't noticed, so far it's been those on the right that are claiming cruz is ineligible.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Thanks for six great years of entertainment.
agreed.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Man, I'm going to miss you birthers after 2016. You are always, without fail, good for a laugh. Thanks for six great years of entertainment.
Well I could not help myself and I new you could not resist on chimming in since this is your mantra to Protect this President.

If I was in Vegas I could won the Jack Pot!

Old 01-22-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post

if you haven't noticed, so far it's been those on the right that are claiming cruz is ineligible.
You should know better politics is a full contact sport and both sides would eat their own to get to the top.

Its going to get nasty.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:07 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Well I could not help myself and I new you could not resist on chimming in since this is your mantra to Protect this President.
See, this is what I love the most about birthers. Nothing will ever cause them to deviate from their mania. Six years, countless embarrassments and humiliations and ridicule in the media and the courts and the comedy clubs and late night television, and still they soldier on in their mania.

You've got to admire the tenacity of the truly absurd. And nobody does absurdity better than birthers. In that, you guys are second to none.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
You should know better... politics is a full contact sport and both sides would eat their own to get to the top.
agreed. but the question in the OP is if the democrats will go "full-birther" on cruz and so far that hasn't happened in any kind of significant numbers. it's been nearly exclusively republicans and the tea party that insist he's ineligible.

Quote:
Its going to get nasty.
unlikely.

one big factor that separates the cruz birthers from obama birthers is there is a legitimate legal question about cruz's eligibility that has yet to be addressed by the court ( obama's was addressed in ankeny v daniels ). if cruz runs i expect there to be a legal challenge early in the primaries, most likely from one of the existing obama "de vattel" birthers ( my money is on larry klayman to be the attorney ). i do believe that such a case does have a good chance of being heard by the SCOTUS ( and i hope it does ). from all i've read on the topic i'd expect the court to define "natural born citizen" as simply meaning a citizen at birth, not a naturalized citizen ( regardless if they have multiple citizenships at birth ). cruz would qualify. if this does transpire i doubt you'd hear another peep from mainstream democrats or republicans over cruz's eligibility ( unsure about the tea party ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections